Greetings from the UK's drab and windy south coast!

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Aloha, new orgmates.

I’m Starscribe in game. And Dave / David outside it. I’m a 40-something financial journalist and editor (a.. star.. scribe.. ahem..) working in London and living near the UK South coast with my wife and cats (daughter has now left home, cue fireworks and celebration as she’s doing well and independent, a tribute, largely to her Mum!).

I’ve been a Star Citizen backer since 2014 and I’ll likely stay the right side of the law with some mining, hauling and exploring.

I’ve been a gamer since the 1970s and remember the original Atari VCS when it was the hot new must-have tech toy. I'm that old! My fondest early memories of gaming are on a ZX81 and JK Greye software’s 3D Monster Maze. Black and white. No sound. 1k RAM unless you had the 16k memory pack which we kept cool with a bag of frozen peas. Cutting edge used to look like this:

Monster1.png

Back playing Witcher 3 at the moment. RDR is in the wings waiting.

Usually I’m an MMO player mostly, though anything with a sci-fi / fantasy bent tickles my pickle. For a while, I ran a guild called Convergence which had (at its peak) hundreds of members. Work commitments and just getting old means I’m happy to take more of a back seat these days. Running an org properly is hard work!

I have a few big ships – the Orion and Starfarer Gemini included – and I’ll be looking for help crewing those and to help on others ships too. I miss the days when I had no mortgage, few cares, and time to play games and earn content in-game. Now I have less time and a bigger wallet as my fleet size could testify.

What brought me here? I have a friend or two in Test Squadron already. And I’ve seen Montoya’s videos and enjoy them.

Picard or Kirk? Picard. But if I get a free choice, Lorca or (Discovery’s take on) Pike.

I'll be on Discord in the coming weeks. And in the right mood, I do post a lot (I like sneaking onto forums at work!). See you in the Verse!

Gr33nh0use

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gr33nh0use
Welcome to TEST!

Witcher 3 and RD2 are in my wings as well! waiting for my ejoyment. Just Cause 4 too.. boy i've got a lot of games to play... Stupid jobs.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Welcome to TEST mate! I'm from Cornwall originally (hence my avatar) so that's about as south coast as you can get! Although I've been living and working in the USA for a quite a few years now. Anyway welcome always good to have another fellow Brit join.

Cheers!

Forgot your password?