Group Offroad Saturday - Ursa's, and Dragonfly's and Noxii, oh my!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Wow - 3 hours of gameplay before a 10002 dropped everybody.

We had lost and found, rejoins from micro-crashes, and I learned a LOT to include in planning for the next time.

Combined air and ground ops was a huge blast - we had a glitchy Ursa that kept killing people so we ended up setting out with an Ursa, a Yellowjacket, and top cover from a Cutty Black, a Superhornet and a Sabre initially, with a Buccaneer joining later.

Before the sun set I took some shots, see below. O2 does NOT replenish in the Ursa so we had to grab a Connie for support/transport and the game crashed as we were about to reach our first turn point, so need to find a better air/land navigation mechanism, dead-reckoning and triangulation was pretty tough, plus the day/night cycle adds another level of complexity.

I sure as hell had fun and hope others did too.

Driver's Meeting before heading out
View attachment 8739

Random shots enroute
View attachment 8740

View attachment 8741

View attachment 8742
Took the Yellowjacket back to ArcCorp to grab the Connie since progress was painfully slow - lots of ships
View attachment 8743

Night time Connie dustoff to grab the Ursa (this was fun)
View attachment 8744
View attachment 8745 View attachment 8746 View attachment 8747 View attachment 8748

Alpha or no, that was some epic multi-player fun, thanks to everyone who joined.

'Gimp
looking great. Instead I watched Coco.

Reactions: supitza

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
OK, I didn't make it to the meetup, but when I was in the vicinity, I tried the Ursa for a third time. Yes, it helps a lot when you take a seat first in the back, then try to enter the cockpit. Yes, I'm as bad as driver as I'm at FPS
upload_2017-12-31_1-8-43.png

I really parked the Ursa good, no one can steal that Ursa.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Wow - 3 hours of gameplay before a 10002 dropped everybody.

We had lost and found, rejoins from micro-crashes, and I learned a LOT to include in planning for the next time.

Combined air and ground ops was a huge blast - we had a glitchy Ursa that kept killing people so we ended up setting out with an Ursa, a Yellowjacket, and top cover from a Cutty Black, a Superhornet and a Sabre initially, with a Buccaneer joining later.

Before the sun set I took some shots, see below. O2 does NOT replenish in the Ursa so we had to grab a Connie for support/transport and the game crashed as we were about to reach our first turn point, so need to find a better air/land navigation mechanism, dead-reckoning and triangulation was pretty tough, plus the day/night cycle adds another level of complexity.

I sure as hell had fun and hope others did too.

Driver's Meeting before heading out
View attachment 8739

Random shots enroute
View attachment 8740

View attachment 8741

View attachment 8742
Took the Yellowjacket back to ArcCorp to grab the Connie since progress was painfully slow - lots of ships
View attachment 8743

Night time Connie dustoff to grab the Ursa (this was fun)
View attachment 8744
View attachment 8745 View attachment 8746 View attachment 8747 View attachment 8748

Alpha or no, that was some epic multi-player fun, thanks to everyone who joined.

'Gimp
Beautiful. I'll be there next time!

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
If any of the other guys got pics or vids post them or links here please!!

'Gimp

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Definitely was a blast! I got there a little late to the party, as the server was full, but was able to join up at ArcCorp 141 before the party took off.

Thank god I wasn't driving! I think ? Icaro? was driving first, then he had to go...not sure who was driving after that, but both drivers were great!

I just rode in the back like a chump...looking at the dust blowing through the Ursa, until somebody mentioned you could use F4 to get an exterior view of the Rover...DERP!
ScreenShot0254.jpg
ScreenShot0256.jpg

Which got me this screenshot:
ScreenShot0257.jpg

I got a couple more just like them, but if you've seen one shot of "middle-of-nowhere" Daymar, you've seen them all...

Here we stopped at about 35 km out from ArcCorp, to replenish our suit oxygen...yep, the Rover has seen better days....
ScreenShot0262.jpg

Another shot, with the Cutlass we met up with to replenish our O2. We had a couple of people in ships scouting the way for us, a necessity with all the blind canyons and cliffs on the journey...
ScreenShot0263.jpg

At some point we realized, "Hey we're never going to get to the Javelin at this rate!" so AstroGimp brought up his Connie and we loaded a Rover onto it...again, thank god somebody else was driving, they did a superb job of getting the Rover on...
ScreenShot0269.jpg

Connie (in the upper right of the previous photo) landed and we proceeded to load the Rover on as night fell...
ScreenShot0270.jpg

ScreenShot0272.jpg

Safely on board!
ScreenShot0276.jpg

At this point, somebody else in the Rover got up and walked around. So I left my seat, and somehow died, lol. I respawned at Olisar, jumped in a ship and then hightailed it over as fast as I could...only to have the game CTD when I was 44km away from the fun.

10/10, would rally with again! Should we do this again next Saturday?

Crimtic

Captain
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Crimtic
It was a real fun experience drivning those ~35km from arccorp 141 to the cargo bay of the connie. Also the company made it even more enjoyable.

but both drivers were great!
Glad someone enjoyed the long ride :slight_smile:

Unfortunaly i was to focused on not driving towards rock formations to take scenery screenshots.

But i am definitely up for another one next week.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Was fun! I got called away by the gf for stuff so got in the back of the Ursa and let someone else drive. Was timed out when I came back unfortunately :(

Reactions: marcsand2
Forgot your password?