Group Offroad Saturday - Ursa's, and Dragonfly's and Noxii, oh my!

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Let's schedule a TEST Offroaders Club event for Saturday, - let's DRIVE/RIDE out to the Javelin husk on Daymar.

ScreenShot0142.jpg

ScreenShot0169.jpg

Bike Riders and Ursa Drivers/Passengers can swap to keep everyone's O2 tanked up if we all travel as a group (I think the Ursa recharges O2).

We will first need to get everyone to Daymar, say ArcCorp 141, so we'll need a few transports - I can spawn a Connie or 2.

It is 241 Km to the Javelin wreck so this will be a long trip out and back but should be a fun group event. Someone will need to maybe fly out in one of the transport ships so that should give us a beacon to drive to.

I'd like to ride along in an Ursa and can spawn a couple Dragonfly's for anyone who wants to risk such a long ride on that wonderful wonky space bike.

Respond below if interested, what you can bring or want to try, and timezone.

I can spawn 2 Constellations at Port O, and a Dragonfly Yellowjacket and a Black once at Daymar. Want to ride along in an Ursa, at least part of the way, maybe drive for a bit.

I am Pacific timezone (UTC - 7:00) and can be online from 0700 or so.

'Gimp

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I'll join if I can ... I'm in the same time zone, I should be there at 0700 Pacific, or thereabouts.

One thing I'm thinking of is a) we should all load each other into our contacts, so we can all get pulled into the same server.

And then, another thing...for those with rigs that usually get low frame rates, we should spawn a couple of smaller ships and "carpool" over, so that we don't immediately over stress the servers.

Crimtic

Captain
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Crimtic
Well i'll probably join in if i can unless the games fps is choosing to leave me out and hopefully the server change from EU to US does not affect the fps and ping too much and if everything is in order then i'll probably be able to join in.

i do think i have access to an Ursa since it showed up yesterday when i was trying things out, i guess everyone got a Ursa to test with since i have not bought any bundle that include it.

I'll probably be able to arrive there Pacific time zone 07:00 if it is not pm since then it would probably be quite late for me ( UTC + 02:00) ^^

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I'd definitely be up for this. The problem is, though, that I haven't even been able to get into the game the past couple days. It's the infinite black screen bug again, except it lasts upwards of 30 mins before I get bored and quit.
You're not alone @Straika. But there is something you can check to see what's happening. When the black screen is running, after 8-10 minutes, try hitting the ` key (i.e. the tilde, beside the 1). This will open the console, and you can see what's happening. If it says [Lobby] over and over and over, then your system is logged into the server, but doesn't have a slot - a game socket. In effect you're in a queue of indeterminate length from your perspective. I don't have any idea yet how to figure out what the length of the queue is, nor why it seems to affect some people more than others - even with the same hardware.

Edit: I should say, I'd say open issue council and vote for one of the existing issues, but they seem to have a ton of "I can reproduce".

Last edited:

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
You're not alone @Straika. But there is something you can check to see what's happening. When the black screen is running, after 8-10 minutes, try hitting the ` key (i.e. the tilde, beside the 1). This will open the console, and you can see what's happening. If it says [Lobby] over and over and over, then your system is logged into the server, but doesn't have a slot - a game socket. In effect you're in a queue of indeterminate length from your perspective. I don't have any idea yet how to figure out what the length of the queue is, nor why it seems to affect some people more than others - even with the same hardware.

Edit: I should say, I'd say open issue council and vote for one of the existing issues, but they seem to have a ton of "I can reproduce".
Done that last bit already, both when i had it in PTU, and now that it's reappeared in live :)

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I'm game. Dunno when I'll wake up, depends on the time we do this, I vote for the evening so we're already drunk.

I'm on the west coast so PST. I can break out an Ursa, Dragonfly or Nox, probably the Ursa since I never drove it yet.

I look forward to seeing you all for our convoy adventure of lag and whimsy

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I would have loved to come, especially after my offroad adventures the other day. Sadly, I'm afk.
Please make a video of your trip and post it on YouTube!

Reactions: hardroc77

LookingGlass

Grand Admiral
Dec 27, 2017
RSI Handle
Looking-Glass
I'd definitely be up for this. The problem is, though, that I haven't even been able to get into the game the past couple days. It's the infinite black screen bug again, except it lasts upwards of 30 mins before I get bored and quit.
I had the same issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher fixed this for me!

Forgot your password?