Have you paid for non-LTI Ships?

Have you bought a Ship without LTI (except Aurora MR/Mustang Alpha from Game Packages)

• Yes.

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Yes, but I plan on melting it and get something with LTI.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • No.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • No, but I will eventually.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Well... I personally would almost never (meaning unless I'd get a Idris for <100$ or so) spend my € on a Ship without LTI, but I keep getting told LTI isn't important by others.

Being the thickhead I am, I won't change my mind about this, but I'm kinda curious if you guys actually have bought Ships without LTI.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
LTI isn't important
This.
I only have two ships, and they both have LTI. I wouldn't have anything against buying a non-LTI ship, though. At this point in time, I guess most people have LTI tokens they can CCU to bigger stuff if they need to, if only to soothe their OCD.

Reactions: marcsand2

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I've had ships without it.
I have ships with it.
Ultimately, it's not vital, but it's a weird little "badge of honor" type thing that I like to have if I can manage it.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I dont have the money to buy one of the large packeges that come with LTI and there are no ships right now that come with it
You can buy the old LTI-Packages on the grey market (same goes for LTI Ships), and you can also buy a cheap concept sale Ship and use it to upgrade to a different one, keeping the LTI from the original.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My cargo ship has LTI but my fighter doesn't... Yep...

My fighter was ccu'd from a ccu from a ccu from my original pledge Aurora - i can't melt it because i'll loose my game package if i do.

For my cargo hauler i went out of my way to get a LTI ship to CCU to my intended craft...

Knowing my luck you will probbly get hull insurance, cargo and upgrade insurance in a cheaper package deal than just upgrade and cargo as a pair which would really twist the nuts of all we LTI owners ;)

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
I have LTI on a couple ships and I have a couple without. I expect the cost of insurance will be higher on higher value ships, so my high value ones generally get LTI, whereas I don't care as much about LTI on low value ships like my 315p that is part of my game package.

Yunacchi

Captain
Oct 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Yunacchi
Two packages with LTIs, totaling four ships. One last package with a lone Andromeda and no LTI.

I know insurance is supposed to be cheap and all, but I'm afraid that if I can lose a ship, then I will. No matter how much the game tried to prevent me from crashing it.

Plus the insurance lady is going to turn pale white once I tell her I'm part of an organization which specializes in crashing Auroras for undetermined purposes.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I can top that, I melted several LTI ships for non-LTI ships.

50+ bucks in savings beats LTI. Although I might be melting all of these for a Polaris anyway so yay?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have built up all my ships to have LTI, except my Aurora game package didn't have one. Then they released the mega explorers pack that had Sq42 in it, so I bought that and melted Aurora.

It's probably not important, but I like having it.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
My cargo ship has LTI but my fighter doesn't... Yep...

My fighter was ccu'd from a ccu from a ccu from my original pledge Aurora - i can't melt it because i'll loose my game package if i do.

For my cargo hauler i went out of my way to get a LTI ship to CCU to my intended craft...

Knowing my luck you will probbly get hull insurance, cargo and upgrade insurance in a cheaper package deal than just upgrade and cargo as a pair which would really twist the nuts of all we LTI owners ;)
Wouldn't the increased price from the CCU also apply to the Package when melting, so you could re-buy a different game package etc.?

Two packages with LTIs, totaling four ships. One last package with a lone Andromeda and no LTI.

I know insurance is supposed to be cheap and all, but I'm afraid that if I can lose a ship, then I will. No matter how much the game tried to prevent me from crashing it.

Plus the insurance lady is going to turn pale white once I tell her I'm part of an organization which specializes in crashing Auroras for undetermined purposes.
I kinda have trouble trusting CIG on such loose statements as a matter of fact, they keep saying "LTI doesnt matter" so often, that I'm inclined to not-believe them.

I can top that, I melted several LTI ships for non-LTI ships.

50+ bucks in savings beats LTI. Although I might be melting all of these for a Polaris anyway so yay?
TEST-Pirate in a Polaris, I'm sure the official Forums will be flooded with Tears way before the Polaris gets even Hangar-Ready...^^

As far as savings go, I personally see non-LTI Ships as things I can earn ingame while LTI ones = € I have to spend.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I kinda have trouble trusting CIG on such loose statements as a matter of fact, they keep saying "LTI doesnt matter" so often, that I'm inclined to not-believe them.
This is my exact thought! For a while Ben was pretty adamant about it not being important. And then him and Jared seemed to give each other a look a smile a bit when it was brought up like there's something they won't tell us.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Here's the rub: with the current understanding of insurances, getting hull insurance (which is the type of coverage that LTI provides) is going to be dirt cheap. That hull insurance (LTI or not) only covers the hull. if you want coverage on your upgrades ro cargo, that's a seperate thing which can't be covered by LTI (EDIT: retaliator bays and Vanguard BUKS aside.) Furthermore, the 6 month and up insurance provided on various ships? That's 6 months of contiguous, real-world gameplay time. Not 6 months in-game. If you break it down and assume that someone plays 2 hours a day, and that an average month has 30 days, that 6 months comes out to roughly 5.9 years of insurance time.

Which is why I don't really care outside of my "neat, shiny things" urge to have LTI on a ship; unless insurance mechanics change drastically, it really won't matter.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Here's the rub: with the current understanding of insurances, getting hull insurance (which is the type of coverage that LTI provides) is going to be dirt cheap. That hull insurance (LTI or not) only covers the hull. if you want coverage on your upgrades ro cargo, that's a seperate thing which can't be covered by LTI (EDIT: retaliator bays and Vanguard BUKS aside.) Furthermore, the 6 month and up insurance provided on various ships? That's 6 months of contiguous, real-world gameplay time. Not 6 months in-game. If you break it down and assume that someone plays 2 hours a day, and that an average month has 30 days, that 6 months comes out to roughly 5.9 years of insurance time.

Which is why I don't really care outside of my "neat, shiny things" urge to have LTI on a ship; unless insurance mechanics change drastically, it really won't matter.

That's why I really don't care about going from LTI down to (in my case) 3 year insurance.

3 years of continuous game time = 26280 hours.

That is 9 years of playing 8 hours a day, every day without a break.

For the average player 2 years of insurance will likely last them 8+ years. 20 hours a week is a huge chunk of time for most people to spend on a video game.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
It's a place to go if you absolutely, positively have to have LTI. Personally, I can't reccommend it, but it's there. Basically, people are selling tradeable ships with LTI (or in some cases, whole accounts) to people, for real money. I won't give you a link,and I would caution against using it. If you NEED to use it, I would reccommend talking to members here, occasionally people sell their ships, and you can usually get a slightly less-sketchy situation.

Reactions: marcsand2 and Zindi
Forgot your password?