Headcount for Citizencon hotel group

How much are you looking to spend on a hotel? (per night)

• Total voters

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
Big problem... In the time we've spent getting the money, the price has gone up by 33%... Now what? Do we get the rest of the money or do we find a different house?

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
im just waiting for a reply from the owner of the first house to see if theres any way we can get it for the lower price. If not we might have to go with the new option :/

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Well shit...

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
so yeah first house is a no go, owner didnt wanna budge and 30% extra is crazy. I found a new place in the hills, 1 floor, 6 bed rooms, jacuzzi, internet, 10 minutes away from downtown Hollywood,an 8 minute drive to the convention, wheel chair accessible and no neighbors to speak of. The only bummer here is we need all the money up front, the cost is however lower and there is a 1000 dollar deposit. the address is 2200 outpost drive , seems to be a nice neighborhood and has a gated driveway.

Tortilla the Hun

Grand Admiral
Jul 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Tortilla_the_Hun
so yeah first house is a no go, owner didnt wanna budge and 30% extra is crazy. I found a new place in the hills, 1 floor, 6 bed rooms, jacuzzi, internet, 10 minutes away from downtown Hollywood,an 8 minute drive to the convention, wheel chair accessible and no neighbors to speak of. The only bummer here is we need all the money up front, the cost is however lower and there is a 1000 dollar deposit. the address is 2200 outpost drive , seems to be a nice neighborhood and has a gated driveway.
Now that's a murder-house if I ever seen one. Probably used to be flatlands, but with the amount of bodies it must've got hilly.

Reactions: fastcart

Bothand

Captain
Dec 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Bothand
I spend alot of time in that area & wanted to remind You folx that Canter's Delicatessen on Fairfax is not to be missed,
it's open 24 hours and usually has interesting and or famous people there.
(eating, not being eaten, you sick finks)
The Proud Bird by LAX is closed right now, but has a crapload of Real Warplanes scattered around it, You may find that as cool as I do.

Hope to see You guys there, looking forward to eeet.
(maybe I'll break into yer rental whilst yer gone & put a beef bullion cube or 2 in the showerhead, ya know, as a housewarming gift.)

fastcart

Captain
Donor
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
fastcart
I suggest moving the New House sheet/tab to the far left.

Edit: Also, may want to hide or delete the original prices, or move them to the far right.

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
I suggest moving the New House sheet/tab to the far left.

Edit: Also, may want to hide or delete the original prices, or move them to the far right.
I've moved it to the far left. I'll keep the old prices in for now until we get a confirmation with this house (Knax is still waiting for a reply).

Reactions: fastcart

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
figured id make an update since its been a while.

I e-mailed the owner and asked if we can do a deposit to secure the days in question, since the option isn't available through the site for this house. As of now i still havent heard from her, so we're basically in a holding pattern until either she says we can split the payment up or until we raise the full amount.

I'm still looking at other places but for what we need the options are slim, if you want to help me look though here's what we need: room for 16 people( the more bedrooms the better)from the 6th of October to the 11th, in LA (preferably in the hills or somewhere within a few minutes of the Avalon), house has to be wheel chair accessible, have high speed internet, and we're looking at a cost of around 5k( a little over is probably fine but i would say no higher that 6 and it would have to be a nice place.)

I've tried vrbo, homeaway, TripAdvisor and a few other places so ive probably seen a bunch of the ones you guys will find, but on the off chance someone finds something its worth it.

Reactions: Bruzdawg
Forgot your password?