Headcount for Citizencon hotel group

How much are you looking to spend on a hotel? (per night)

• Total voters

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Some useful info i got from fastcart in a pm. Many people dont think about these things when going to new cities, thanks fast cart.

"Last night, I talked about our housing locations with erikmcketten and mromutt, ppl familiar with the area. The good news is we don't have worry about which colors we wear with some caveats explained later.

The bad news is: http://www.mylocalcrime.com/#34.073968, -118.2669

Crime is a bit of a problem in the area. To paraphrase them, "the area is an upscale Ghetto."

They said to avoid wearing solid colored shirts like red (Bloods), blue (Crips). yellow (formerly a Columbian gang's colors), and green (neutral party or drug dealers). Avoiding red or blue shirts are a top priority. Be mindful of the other colors mentioned if you plan to walk around like a tourist. They said, mixed colored shirts and blue jeans are fine however. They also mentioned that black is VERY good as well as tie dyed and Hawaiian shirts. So, TEST shirts are a go!

Keep in mind that these suggestions are specific to the area and the surrounding areas we're staying. Around the venue (Hollywood), they are a non-concern. So, if you want to wear red or blue, make sure Uber (or w/e) is waiting outside for you or wear a jacket over the shirt. Plus, maintain a minimum time outside in the neighborhood when wearing red or blue.

Finally, do not walk around alone in the neighborhood. Please have at least one buddy if you want to explore. (We may want to limit the time we spend on the porch too.)

For other non-urgent suggestions, please refer to: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/345519/citizen-s-travel-guide-for-citizencon/p1

The author received an MVP for the write-up.

Bruzdawg

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruzr
Nah that's a ripoff, I'll try and make out a pamphlet with crucial info for people who can't come.
I work that night but I will try to listen in on discord. Otherwise I'll definitely check out your pamphlet when it's ready.

I will be with some family on Thursday night in LA and heading to the house on Friday evening sometime.

Reactions: Knax and fastcart

NEWater

Admiral
Aug 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gottahave
I work in hospitality and it warms my cold, dark and empty soul that most of you are well within the price range of my properties. Maybe my company isn't that hopeless after all.

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
So what airport do wel fy into aghain? And if I'm on the GOogle doc for Thirsday through Sunday does that mena SUnday night or through Saeuday night?

fastcart

Captain
Donor
Mar 3, 2016
RSI Handle
fastcart
So what airport do wel fy into aghain? And if I'm on the GOogle doc for Thirsday through Sunday does that mena SUnday night or through Saeuday night?
Fly into the airport of your choice. I'm landing in LAX but some ppl say other airports are cheaper.

I'm on the sheet until Monday and take off on Tuesday.

briguy168

Space Marshal
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
sirina
I'm flying in ~10am on Saturday (flight leaves around 7am my time....ugh) at LAX and will be taking an Uber to the place unless someone wants to come and pick me up :D

Reactions: Murderer

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
I believe I'll be switching between shirts often. Wearing Test when around Test and CitizenCon when working...oh, I feel the need for duplicates.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
So, I have a spare room (well, my computer room/office) and an inflatable Mattress, as well as a couch. If anyone is still planning on going and doesn't have a place to sleep, let me know. I'm in Pasadena, but Public Transportation is readily available.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Takon

Space Marshal
Aug 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Takon Orlani
Can someone PM me the address of the house? I'll need it to uber my way there from the airport. If all goes well I will land around 10am LA time

Reactions: Knax

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Need PM for the church as well at your conveinence. I'll be driving halfsane +1 from the airport.

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
ive posted both addresses in the citcon channel in the test main discord. fyi check in time for the houses is 4pm so for people getting there early it might be as good idea to met up somewhere

Reactions: Murderer

Takon

Space Marshal
Aug 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Takon Orlani
I will be landing around 10am LA time. I'll likely use discord to reach out to people. so make sure youve got the apps on your phones!

Forgot your password?