Not open for further replies.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Derek hates me because Im white!
Come on @Montoya , while that might be true, I'm sure that is just the tip of the iceberg as to why he hates you. You make things that other people actually enjoy, you have people that like you, you don't want to vomit every time you see your own reflection, you have a family in RL, people in general tend to show you respect as a person, etc.

I also believe that he hates everybody because he hates himself but can't cope with that reality so he projects it onto every other individual in existence.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I read through his Twitter. Made my day brighter haha. What an idiot... Pulls up a tragedy where a gamer gets accidentally shot by the po-po and says "This is the kind of thing that Star Citizen members would do". We've got one of the best gaming communities ever. Then in another tweet says that he doesn't mean all backers, just the cult ones. Tries to act mature while making some really nasty remarks that completely discredit him :P

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
here's all you need to know about Derrick the Dumb

"My point is that these are the guys [TEST] who have been promoted by CIG/RSI for years, to fight a proxy war on their behalf."

he's bought into the whole Corporate Efficency meme lock, stock and barrel, ha ha

this is better than drinking on New Years' Eve

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
What do you all think of my idea to have CIG adjust the labels of all of the salt shakers in SC to Cry-Smart brand? I think it would be fitting & thank them both for their tears that further benefited players to learn about & enjoy SC for themselves.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Why are you in a different country every 4 days?

Touring Europe?
Yep Europe for the holidays. :)

Internet is way better today than it has been, finally got a chance to play some 3.0! :)

And guess what, it's buggy! Like any right minded person would expect. Looking pretty awesome tho, so things considered. Can't wait for it to stabilize some more.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Online threats are a serious thing. Is it possible to sue someone for a false threats accusation?

Edit: grammar
You are right, they are very serious hence why I implored the community to counter him in a specific way because it was obvious what he was up to, but he still went ahead even when I called him out on it in post 61.

Can you sue someone for provoking online threats? If so we've got a class-action on our hands.

From his recent posts it shows a clear intention to rile the community not only on TEST but on The Noobifires videos as well and probably a dozen other places too - having moved from five years of "This game is a scam it'll never happen" to after the s42 vertical slice terminated that argument once and for all, "You'll not want to touch it because everyone in that community is an idiot or a psychopath" demonstrates a clear change from his previous Modus Operandi.

Having linked to this thread at post 95 it strongly suggests he was attempting to avoid post 61 being shown to any potential sympathisers, and he has still to respond to my tweet asking him to check out post 61 while still pumping out more tweets on other subjects like USA police shooting a third party in a gamer Swatting incident using inflammatory statements like "This is the sort of thing that Star Citizen cult members will totally do, if they could."

post3.png

It's rookie, it's clumsy and he's had the carpet pulled from under him. He's been spotted - Even my cat is watching and we all know what happened to VirtualAss and GoatSquardon after my cat issued her instructions.

He's attempting to rile an otherwise calm community to tarnish its reputation before it has really gotten started. How many potential players did Goon Swarm put off playing Eve? And how many greifers did it encourage to play? If he can't stop the game from being made (which it seems he has now accepted) he can try to stop people from trying it by making us and every other large org look like bellends.

We spotted it before he could leverage it for it's intended purpose and it's been a damp squib.

My theory is he's now going to move to more drastic measures. I believe he is aiming to have someone from the SC community Dox or Swatt him, or even provoke someone into physically assaulting him in person. He'll be willing to risk his own personal safety because that is what it will take do the level of damage he wants to see done to this game.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm bored of DD, for anyone else who is here's a cat dressed up as batman

Just to spare your cat any shame thanks to the latest Batman role being portrayed by Ben Affleck, I suggest that we call the shown caped kitty crusader as Catman. I can already imagine Catwoman saying "Meow!" with a wicked smile. Beware evil tuna everywhere, Catman is hungry & can smell your location.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I do what I can.

Not inviting @Montoya to a TEST party is like surrounding @Blind Owl with "LIKE" buttons & expecting that none of them are pressed.
(Or like locking the majority of TEST Squadron in a brewery overnight with permission to drink whatever they want only to find them sober the entire time.)
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! So many like buttons. I want to punch them all!
And lo, it came to pass that two days later Derrick did rise again, and post the thread URL to twitter that said "Hey, look i'm being victimised by the people I called idiots!"

View attachment 8721

And 'BobFace did point out:

View attachment 8722

So, if you get Derrick linking to this thread saying he is being threatened and victimised, please point him to post 61 which called him out before he did it.

https://testsquadron.com/threads/help-derek-smart-is-attacking-me-on-twitter-d.12571/page-4#post-233435

What Derrick has done here is pretty amateurish. For his strategy to have worked, he should have let it simmer without any major additional action for a week, all he needed to do was provide enough responses to keep the rock rolling, to keep people talking on Twitter and let the threads build on the Org forums, letting the fan base get worked up. Not just TEST but with the other ORGs as well, and when all the Org leaders were singing the same tune making it a community wide thing, only then should he have posted links to all the forums, comments, discussions and memes... We'd all have looked like dicks, every one of us.

But he's blown his hand almost immediately.

I suspect he had to play his cards now as he'd already been called out on post 61. Play or fold? He chose to play, didn't have a choice really he's put all his chips in - Fold now and he's bankrupt, don't play soon enough and the longer the cards stack up now everyone knows what cards are in his hand, the more likely the hands a bust.

Has it been effective? Time will only tell but we saw it coming and I think thats taken the wind out of it especially as he has linked to the thread that says "I know what you are up to, Derrick."

I don't play cards, but like General Akbar I know a trap when I see one and this ones been sprung early.

Now, the REALLY important bit: He has linked to this thread. Post 61 and this one post 137 have called him out. Now is the time to stop talking about Derrick and start talking about his tactics. Move the conversation from the man to his actions. Personal remarks can be complained about and countered, but facts? They are very hard to argue with, like he calling all of TEST idiots. It's an undeniable fact he said that, and I strongly suspect it was done to provoke a thread to use against us and the greater community - like the comments he has left in the Noobifires videos lead him to getting a video response which if he has not already used can do in future.

@Montoya if you do an SC drama vid about this, talk about the mans tactics, not the man. If you say his games are shit, he can argue he has shoestring budgets to work with and if he had CR's backers $millions ofcourse he'd do better. If you say he called everyone in TEST idiots... well, he did. Can't argue with that.

Don't give him any more ammo.
I love you, haha. Or rather, your mind. Dick Dumb still hasn't told me how we're getting our cult to the comet though. Sad face.
I just realized that Derrick the Dumb quoted my post #81 in that screen grab NaffNaff posted

Senpai noticed me!
*girlish shrieking* That's sooooo amazing! I'm jealous! Hahaha

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! So many like buttons. I want to punch them all!
I was hoping that you would like your Christmas present. *opens a door to allow @Blind Owl into a room filled with seemingly endless rolls of bubble-wrap that all have the word "LIKE" written on them.*

I love you, haha. Or rather, your mind. Dick Dumb still hasn't told me how we're getting our cult to the comet though. Sad face.
The reason for this is that DD fails to comprehend the simple nature of how most of us are amplified by the consumption of BEER!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
*opens a door to allow @Blind Owl into a room filled with seemingly endless rolls of bubble-wrap that all have the word "LIKE" written on them.*

The reason for this is that DD fails to comprehend the simple nature of how most of us are amplified by the consumption of BEER!
But my beer flatulence alone would be enough to propel me and three others . . .
so by that logic, 16000 TESTies all beers farting at once should be able to propel damn near anything. SCIENCE!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Lol! How delightfully dark, I don't think there is a response for that one without wearing the tin-floil hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?