Help me upvote some garbage on Spectrum

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Friends, TESTies, Squardronmen(and women), lend me your votes!

Just today a random spectrum user was trying to run a poll on there using Google Docs, which is stupid. The old RSI forum had a polls feature, and so does TEST, Spectrum only has crappy upvoting which doesn't prop up a discussion like only a Poll can.

So in General I set a challange. If upvoting is all we have, we will use it to register our interest in a Poll feature. A paltry 1.3k upvotes is the highest in Spectrum. If we could get over that, it would show a clear and strong desire for polls!

Well what happened? Relegated to Spectrum Feedback within 5 minutes!

Where General has the traffic, Spectrum Feedback is the tree by the side of the Truck Stop which is infrequently visited by burley dudes wishing to relieve themselves.

No. No this will not stand that is not a just and fair shot at using the Upvoting system to gauge community desire and is another example of just why Upvoting is crap, it does not indicate how many people have chosen not to vote for the negative option.

So.

Good people of TEST.

Come help me.

And lets Argo Cargo that vote in to orbit.

And if you need any more proof as to why polls are needed, cast your eyes upon this: TEST forum, and the worlds ULTIMATE POLL!

https://testsquadron.com/threads/the-ultimate-poll.9941/

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hello my friend. I just woke up & saw this call to upvotes. While I'm 1 to give 1 or both middle fingers towards the ARGO Cargo being in the BIS let alone winning any of it's contests, I am happy to help a fellow TESTie achieve their goals when I'm able to. I also happen to agree that Spectrum needs a better polling as well as up voting system. So I went to your link & upvoted each of your posts there. Cheers!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hello my friend. I just woke up & saw this call to upvotes. While I'm 1 to give 1 or both middle fingers towards the ARGO Cargo being in the BIS let alone winning any of it's contests, I am happy to help a fellow TESTie achieve their goals when I'm able to. I also happen to agree that Spectrum needs a better polling as well as up voting system. So I went to your link & upvoted each of your posts there. Cheers!
Kind thanks for the assistance! Only 1397 votes to go!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
meh

if Spectrum were worth the effort of reading I would vote to institute polling
The quality of the posts cannot compare to TEST, however with only 1395 votes to go it will only be a matter of time before we can start replicating all of the best Vote related posts from here, on there.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Big thanks to the Kindness of TESTies, with the furious upvoting flying in thick and fast we are top of the "Hot" filter of the Spectrum Feedback page!

With the backing of 8 votes and counting we are only 1392 votes away from success - however a new Sub Goal enters the arena:

In the relegated area of Spectrum Feedback the highest upvoted post isn't 1.3k, it's 149. To attain a highest-in-section amount, all we need is another 142 votes! As that's got a 42 in it, that's definitely a sign this is a just and worthy cause!

Remember, Star Citizen is a project which is willing to take the time to make a full and rich game that accepts no short-cut or compromise to reach its goal, and the in-house platform Spectrum is part of Star Citizen and should be no different! I am confident all we need to do is demonstrate there is the demand for the feature, and with your help we can make that clear using the upvote tools they themselves use to guage popularity of things like Q&A questions etc!

I've got to find more places to canvas for upvotes, I can't spam Spectrum or I'll get my bum booted off and the post deleted. Anyone got any ideas how I can get this subject some exposure before the eyes of same minded Spectrum dwelling backers?

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Would it be considered bribing people to vote it up by offering them an in game beer as long as they do so before the alpha 3.15 wipe data wipe & reset? It's not like it would actually change the game overall except that they'd get to claim that they were amongst the people that helped make the Spectrum forums just a touch better through their vote. Also, we're TEST Squadron, were kind of known for our alcoholic shenanigans.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Here we go again! Upvoted.

I tried something similar a while back and hope your attempt will fare better:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Here we go again! Upvoted.

I tried something similar a while back and hope your attempt will fare better:

Kind thanks, much appreciated. I can't be seeing poor sods using off-site solutions, or worse stupid emojs to conduct polls when the ability to do them has been on forums since the late '99 at least.

Community interaction with a subject appears to be one of the currencies that gets their attention - you want to prove you have a point, you have to generate a groundswell that pays that particular fee.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Great work Team, the GLORY of TEST has carried the post to the heady highs of Page 3 of the most upvoted threads of all time in the Spectrum Feedback section!

1633846137558.png

1633846026516.png

Only 15 more votes will take it to Page one!

Forgot your password?