Hey Folks!

Mentalic

Vice Admiral
Jun 13, 2021
RSI Handle
Mentalic
Welcome to the TEST party! Do you happen to have any favorite ships or game play possibilities that you've heard of so far?
Hmm, as far as ships...
  • So far, I am liking the Vanguard for solo or duo combat. I also like that it will be modular, so I will be able to switch between it being an e-war ship, a more traditional combat ship, a missile boat, etc. I also like that it has all the amenities.
  • I like the idea of exploration gameplay, so I went in for a Corsair. I may one day upgrade it to the Carrack (since that looks like a more capable explorer) but I really like the aesthetics of the Corsair.
  • I recently grabbed the Railen. I like it mostly for the interior layout (interiors are a big thing for me; I care quite a bit about the fantasy that the ships represent) but it seems capable as a smaller hauler.
As far as gameplay, I like to bounce around the different gameplay loops. I am mostly just itching for jump points to come in and a couple systems to be added. When they do that and up the server max to a couple hundred, we should see a lot more emergent gameplay happening.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hmm, as far as ships...
  • So far, I am liking the Vanguard for solo or duo combat. I also like that it will be modular, so I will be able to switch between it being an e-war ship, a more traditional combat ship, a missile boat, etc. I also like that it has all the amenities.
  • I like the idea of exploration gameplay, so I went in for a Corsair. I may one day upgrade it to the Carrack (since that looks like a more capable explorer) but I really like the aesthetics of the Corsair.
  • I recently grabbed the Railen. I like it mostly for the interior layout (interiors are a big thing for me; I care quite a bit about the fantasy that the ships represent) but it seems capable as a smaller hauler.
As far as gameplay, I like to bounce around the different gameplay loops. I am mostly just itching for jump points to come in and a couple systems to be added. When they do that and up the server max to a couple hundred, we should see a lot more emergent gameplay happening.
I definitely agree that more people running around servers where they can potentially interact together is going to be great, especially for those looking to run large scale ship / fleet operations.

I'm hoping that once the jump point to the Pyro system opens, that the majority of the PvPers will drag the pad camping griefers with them there so that they can all kill each other to their hearts content while the peaceful players can hunt NPC bounties & other tasks in peace.

I've never been into the Drake aesthetic myself, but I have a pair of Dragonflies & a Blue (for future bounty hunting fun with friends), so the Corsair never really caught my eye. I do however own a Carrack & the only thing that I'd change about its layout is that I'd have 1 of the elevators extent to the ground so that you don't have to have that main ramp open for all of that time while you enter & exit every time.

This being said, if you enjoy exploring layouts of ships, I suggest that you take a tour of an 890J. That beauty has multiple floors, lots of rooms, plenty of twists & turns, a couple elevators & a few glorious amenities.

Mentalic

Vice Admiral
Jun 13, 2021
RSI Handle
Mentalic
Ya, the 890J and the Carrack look great. I really like the Carrack especially; it gives me some serious Star Trek vibes (though I wish the crew berths were a bit more private). But I think it might be hard to consistently crew such big ships. That's why I am mostly looking at those medium size ships. Though I might get one larger one.

Forgot your password?