Hi all, Why are most of the members not on Discord?

TinMan710

Lieutenant
Dec 17, 2015
RSI Handle
TinMan710
Once the game gets fleshed out more we'll probably see more members on Discord, but currently the bulk of people are most likely involved with other gaming communities. Currently too much time is spent trying to connect with friends in AC or the PTU for the majority of people to want spend that much time on it. Especially if people only have a few hours a day/night to play games and a large portion of that time is spent trying to get into the same instance or AC match.

agnosticangel

Lieutenant
Jan 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Agnosticangel
one of the newest TESTIES and I'm on discord all the time and SC all the time despite all the crashes. i feel i already have a damn good game to enjoy, so much so its all i play. AC and drone sim are out to all who want that edge when the final release is rolled out. TEST will have a core of elites that will thrash any and all, all thanks to their dedication to AC. and those are the peeps you will find on discord. yes, out of 8k plus 140 plus on discord seems insignificant but every group has its die hard core, and i feel TEST is really active on both discord and AC given the situation.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
There are some of us that were more active when we joined and kind of fizzled off a little bit. Sometimes life, (I know, real life. Who would have that it was a real thing?) gets in the way of things and we kind of drift on to other things while waiting for SC to put out more stuff. I get on for a bit when I get on SC. Admittedly not always when I get on other games. Though, I've only really been playing single player games. Currently working on the Batman series, Arkham Origins.

EDIT: Also, I want my birthday trophy. It was a few days ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reptar Khan

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc
There are too many reasons that would take many pages for me to post but the main reason is most groups only have 10 percent active at any time.

regards, space pope dranoc the follower of montoya and the holy land of eve, the purger of barthanes, dreddit is recruiting, and SIGNING POSTS IS RETARDED.

Last edited:

DcTrojan72

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2014
RSI Handle
BigDamnHero
i prefer not to get on comms and lurk there when i have nothing to say and am usually in games that most here arent playing at the moment

NecroKnight

Lieutenant
Dec 27, 2015
RSI Handle
NecroKnight
I for one have no problem talking on comms, however, I am not exactly an extrovert (hello, gamer!)

Once we see more things to do in Star Citizen or Planned events for the Org in other games that people want to attend, more and more will hop on discord and get more comfortable. As it currently stands, I don't really know anyone well enough to just sit in the lobby and chit chat while I am playing other games. I am sure many are similar.

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
The reason im not on:
I have to be able to do things and respond to other people at home. I also need to cook and often chat with the wife while online.

If i were on discord i wouldn't be participating the the household as much.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
I tried Discord but I didn't like it. No visibility on control settings or what, exactly, the program is doing in the background. It gave me the creeps. I removed it from all of my computers (Mac and Win).

Reactions: mromutt

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
You don't know me... you don't /Know/ me

Honestly the few times i have tried even before discord its been pulling teeth to actually get others to want to play or do something star citizen wise... not to mention the stability of the game is questionable for others. honestly when it takes about an hour and a half to run a 20 min arena commander co-op....it kinda turns people off.

not to mention a good group of people use discord to play other games currently. (Not saying that is bad that is actually good) there is only just so many games of Cards against Montoya you can take really.

but a turn off for me is when i log on a few times its been nothing but politics trash.....its a wonder why i log in and then log right the hell out...

Its almost like the "Main" entry channel needs to not be the dumping ground of what ever anyone wants to say

Or better yet. maybe we can post rules to what channel does what? because i thought the "G-Loc" was the place for that talk and not detour people from rolling their eyes and just logging out.

but what do i know. we still do not have a game yet and everything is just waiting for when that moment goes active ^.^

people want to use it should use it. but it should never be a forced aspect for being part of the group. in fact we will see traffic go crazy once the game actually launches and we will be seeing multi-crew ships/armadas/strike groups taking up rooms easily.
When they do that I just move to g loc lol but you can just ask them to stop, if they dont (which they should) message a mod. It really isn't the channel for that stuff.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I have an almost -2-year old and a 7 month old, plus a full time job, and people in the real world that I hang out with. I Hunt, hike, and am tasked by the Army quite often to do SAV's around Arkansas and Missouri. I get on when I can, but I mostly find that I'm unable to contribute to a lot of the conversations because they're mostly about games that I don't play, or new-fangled things that I don't understand. Also, at work, I'm in a cubicle; so discord kind of annoys everyone around me.

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
There are too many reasons that would take many pages for me to post but the main reason is most groups only have 10 percent active at any time. regards, space pope dranoc the follower of montoya and the holy land of eve, the purger of barthanes, dreddit is recruiting, and SIGNING POSTS IS RETARDED.
Wow

xecto

Space Marshal
Sep 26, 2014
RSI Handle
xecto
-
I need a new computer to be able to run the game, so I will remain a lurker in the shadows untill I can actually join you in the drunken verse.

/toolazytobuildanewpc

Reactions: DcTrojan72

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
cause i joined and couldn't do shit...weird ass hoops.
try following the bot instructions. if that doesn't help, just PM a mod. access is restricted for new users until verified TEST member, that's why you "couldn't do shit"...

moloTov

Captain
Aug 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Mollie Hatchet
..because (duh)
1. the game isnt out yet
2. most - not all but most- of the chat on any team channel is childish and boring at best

molotov

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Real life > gaming community.
Family and career are full time, round the clock responsibilities that unfortunately make it impossible to be more active on discord. As much as I'd like to be more available, and as amazing as this community is, my 4 month old son and my wife will win out every single time. That's just life ladies and gentlemen. I still love you all though. I promise. :)

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
The answer to the OP's question is so simple most people do not know the answer nor would they ever think of it. The truth of the matter is that 90% of all TEST members are actually alts of Montoya. The active people on the forum here and Discord are real people such as myself but the vast majority that you see are in fact just numbers of Montoya alts.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Fumbled around for a bit, figured it out ( I think im in anonymous now) and so far I learned that Myre uses wmv and where GusDeBlod got his name.
10/10 would join again

Kal

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2015
RSI Handle
SamuraiKal
I've been going into hibernation most of the time with Star Citizen related stuff. I'm a subscriber both to SC and TEST Patreon because both communities are awesome, but... my PC just can't run SC right now. It didn't run reasonably well until I upgraded to Windows 10 in early-mid December, then when 2.0 dropped it started crashing every time I tried to load a session.

I'll be more active when I'm actually able to participate xD

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
The answer to the OP's question is so simple most people do not know the answer nor would they ever think of it. The truth of the matter is that 90% of all TEST members are actually alts of Montoya. The active people on the forum here and Discord are real people such as myself but the vast majority that you see are in fact just numbers of Montoya alts.
Does that mean some of us people who do chat on forums are possibly @Montoya's alternate personalities from his DID (Disociative Identity Disorder (the new name for multiple personality disorder, which even the name has had multiple...well, names)). We've all seen Banetoya, a.k.a. Betty. If so does that mean you and/or I could also be his "other" personalities?

Forgot your password?