Highlander Fleet time

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
I'd keep the Endeavor Hope.
That's a solid pick and I'd seriously consider that one. Hospital is always needed, it has its own landing bay which is awesome, and if you want to be more adventurous you can detach the armored cab and take that out to explore or run other missions while you leave the hospital portion somewhere safe. Hope would be my close 2nd, but I think I now have to go with the Apollo. Because at least that one I can operate myself or only need 1-2 others, compared to Hope that needs a good amount of people to run efficiently I think. Healing is always something in need, and my Apollo, aka 'Big Red', well she is one sexy ship imo. 😇

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
That's a solid pick and I'd seriously consider that one. Hospital is always needed, it has its own landing bay which is awesome, and if you want to be more adventurous you can detach the armored cab and take that out to explore or run other missions while you leave the hospital portion somewhere safe. Hope would be my close 2nd, but I think I now have to go with the Apollo. Because at least that one I can operate myself or only need 1-2 others, compared to Hope that needs a good amount of people to run efficiently I think. Healing is always something in need, and my Apollo, aka 'Big Red', well she is one sexy ship imo. 😇
Yeah, Apollo is on my top 3 as well. As much as I like it because it's the perfect mix between the size and crew req. of the Cutlass Red and the abilities of the Hope, it's hard to get over that fact that I find it so... ugly. I can't put my finger on it, but something about the Apollo looks really weird to me. Is it the rounded belly? Is it the horrendously placed engines (which I imagine can be detached off the ship really easily)?
I don't know. I bought the Apollo for what it's supposed to do, but I'm unsure if I'll keep it. :|

hi100040

Captain
Jan 11, 2018
RSI Handle
CMDRDazlarus
I actually plan to get rid of everything except 1 ship when the game goes live and the ship I am going to use to build the fleet back up is the Cutlass Black because there is room for cargo and lots of opportunity for hands-on mining, salvage, and could also do cargo recovery with that tractor beam. Also, I just love Drake.

If the idea is that I could only play the game with 1 ship period I would pick the Endeavor because that is the ship that I have my eyes set on as my personal end game. This one might be considered cheating though because I don't own it and will never own it with cash because of how much I want to EARN that ship.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Polaris. Not too big, not too small, fast for its size, can do many different kinds of tasks from running freight to attacking Vanduul Void Bombers, and most importantly--it has a pool table.

You poor sods who go without pool, whatever do you do when focusing hard on your drinking? Do you at least hang a dart board in the back of a Mustang?

Last edited:

MonsterNeal

Captain
Apr 12, 2018
RSI Handle
MonsterNeal
When Jared was doing his Highlander question for ships in the various Ship Shapes to the devs it it seems like an interesting idea.

If your current fleet was going to be taken away but you were allowed to keep ONE ship, which ship would you keep and why?

All things being equal I would keep the Prospector because with it I know for a fact I can start to rebuild my wealth with it and acquire other ships.
I would keep my Polaris with to only find someone who will pay me to scuttle it then using the money to hopefully be able to buy a hauler and cargo for it to start making money to later recover my LTI Polaris

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'd keep my Starfarer Gemini.
Mainly because the only alternative is Avenger Titan.
Small fleet and all that jazz.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I would melt everything except for the Kraken.

The Kraken is a large cargo ship that can carry 8 other ships plus snubs. It's a trade hub and a place for people to gather. It's essentially a mobile base.

It's not a war ship like the Idris, though it us a light attack carrier. It has good weaponry but not the best shielding or armor.

I want to play Star Citizen with friends and this ship is the ultimate ship for me to do that with. I can grab 10 NPCs and run the Kraken while 8 of my friends fly around in their favorite ships.

We can mine with their Prospectors, salvage with their Vultures, combat with their fighters, destroy with their bombers, host news shows with the Mako, deliver info with Heralds, bring racing teams with racing ships, deliver cargo with Freelancers, and much more.

There are plenty of rooms for everyone to log out as well, which can clear up some planning nightmares.

The Kraken is just the ship for me.
Ive already melted mine and bought my $625 concept Polaris back and the endeavor master set with the credits.

If i could have only one ship, having seen its going to have pretty much what they said they would inside it, its got to be the Carrack.

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Good choice, if it had long term accomodation and facilities for the crew I would probably have gone for my Hercules as well.
It does have a living quarter... from the Q&A
Does it have beds, a bathroom, and a kitchen?

All variants have three beds for the main crew, as well as a small kitchen area and a single toilet/shower combo. The Hercules is not made for long comfortable journeys through space, so it doesn’t need anything more luxurious.
Don't know what else you could need

Forgot your password?