Hot off the press: Valkyrie now gets some cargo space.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Empty beer cans. Fill them with I dunno, shit or something... which in a cutlass might be handy considering there's no can to shit in. They also double as ammunition.
I think you'd do well in TEST Weapons Research Lab (when science finally gets into the game)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I think you'd do well in TEST Weapons Research Lab (when science finally gets into the game)
I agree. So long as I can help empty the Beer cans for use in the research. Then again the ultimate research ould be to figure out how to fold space/time to open a pocket universe that allows for an unlimited refueling beer can.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Its still relatively weak when it comes to weaponry.

The Retaliator with drop ship module is better armed.

But the Valk is just cool with those door gunners!
Don't tease me with an RSI announcement that "Retaliator Modules Available" and then have me find out the announcement was from 3 years ago 🤬

Anywho, I have both...the Valk is going to be a great ground assault ship, and the Retaliator with the drop ship module will be great for boarding in space (with the docking collars...we still have those coming right? First we had them, then they took them away, and then last I heard we still had them...).

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
The Valk pilot can be effective by themselves as the pilot has fire control over some of the ships weapons. The retaliator is completely reliant on crew.
If you got people in the drop seats then you got people who can man a turret! Or, if you have a full crew, you can have 12 boarders PLUS 5 Turret gunners who could be reserves for a boarding crew.

I'm leaving out having AI blades in the ship's CPU.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Hmm actually I'm kinda of sad about this news...
I like the idea of ship that can't do anything and the Valk was a good assault dropship, good for the role it has been designed for: trasport troop and a light support vehicle to the hot zone and provide alimmited fire support to the troops non the ground.
I mean... it's like use an Idri, to do cargo run or troop transport... you know, sice it hase a BIG empty space (the flying deck)...
Honestly there is no reason it shouldn't have a small amount of cargo capability, it can be used for boarding parties if needed and small strike force resupply as well. Going off of military based ideals, most things are used in some form to transport cargo, troops, supplies no matter what. I am fine with the Valkyrie having that ability of being a jack of all trades, master of none just like the V-22 Osprey or CH-53 Chinook.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Honestly there is no reason it shouldn't have a small amount of cargo capability, it can be used for boarding parties if needed and small strike force resupply as well. Going off of military based ideals, most things are used in some form to transport cargo, troops, supplies no matter what. I am fine with the Valkyrie having that ability of being a jack of all trades, master of none just like the V-22 Osprey or CH-53 Chinook.
I agree especially with them stating many times that everything is going to be physicalized and no magic bag of holding. This allows Valkyries to bring in supplies like ammo and weapons or ground vehicles while still limiting its ability to really be used for anything else.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
This is enough for me to ask for a CCU to one.

I have my main ships nailed down in my Armada pack, I've got a UEE explorer pack and $400 of store credits available for bumming around ships, so I've popped as ticket in to see if I can have an upgrade from a Terrapin.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
After watching the part about the prowler, I am not so interested in my Valk anymore.. kinda want the new shiny drop ship
Its a $50 upward upgrade to a Prowler, you wouldnt be losing out owning a Valkyrie now and upgrading later.

I have an Original concept prowler somewhere, it looks amazing, but like the Valkyrie was before the cargo change, just such a limited ship that it isnt really worth the money.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
@atpbx, do you only want the Valkyrie so you can practice infiltrating to get at the meaty marines inside instead of being a bug smear on the cockpit window?

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I am glad that dropping troops into a drop zone can also include a few beers. The bring in a separate ships for even supplies was terrible and wouldn't happen unless it was a solo stealth mission when you wouldn't want a Valkyrie for the job. As for the Prowler, I think its a trap ship its only value is stealth so either CIG make the stealth good (which will cause problems of its own) or it will be token like the sabre and heh why bother.

Note I bought the prowler CCU from the Valkyrie due to the cargo issue and that it cannot launch troops in space (This is a space game right?). Who knows.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Forcing myself not to spend money. So my Retaliator will have to do the job! Looking on the bright side, just before I drop my troops, I can send 3 x S9 bunker busters in case the friends we are raiding are...heavily entrenched.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If I could change 1 thing about the Valk, it would've been to have the cockpit sealed off to be pressurized in case somebody or some thing opened 1 of the doors in an area lacking breathable air. In theory, the areas of the ship that hold the assault troops could be pressurized to protect them from such an event already.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?