How many bounties for each level?

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
After a longish (for me) session tonight I just got the Advanced Tracker License Certification mission, and completed it to open up VHRT bounty hunting missions.

it seemed to take a LOT of HRT bounties - perhaps 25-40? - to make the little progress bar in the relevant level of the bounty hunter rep screen fill up to unlock that cert mission. (Not the big segmented bar at the top which has been maxed out for ages, the little green one below for the relevant rank). Earlier levels seemed to only take a very small number of completed bounty missions at each level.

So, has anyone counted how many missions they had to complete at each level to progress to the next? E.g. is it 1 VLRT, 2 LRTs, 4 MRTs or something like that? Let’s assume no failed/abandoned missions.

I hope this makes sense. I’m kind of tired as I type this. Thanks!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh doing that now too it's quite a few.

@marcsand2 can tell you he did it all in one day (mad man).

Reactions: White Lando

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yeh doing that now too it's quite a few.

@marcsand2 can tell you he did it all in one day (mad man).
No, not in 1 day, 1 week for the Bounty Hunter, an additional 5 days for Crusader.
I did twice the 100-missions-in-a-row. HRT and VHRT. That is approximately 5 - 6 hours constant fighting

There are 3 types of bounty reps:
- Bounty Hunter Guild: the easiest. While I was working on Crusader, I completed the Bounty Hunters Guild at lvl 5 Crusader Security
- Crusader Security / Hurston Security / BlackJac (ArcCorp) / MT Protection Services (Microtech): They take a pretty grind. Count on 300+ HRT + VHRT missions to complete lvl 4 and lvl 5
- Northrop group missions: a huge pita, at lvl 5 but still working on it

For the Crusader / Hurston / ArcCorp / Microtech missions, I wanted to know the impact of each type of mission, so I "measured" the progress of 5 of each type on lvl 5 to be able to predict the number of missions. I'm not going to do the math here, but:
- HRT: 280 missions
- VHRT: 140 missions
- ERT: 70 missions

You don't want to wait for a new mission to become available again, so to keep constant fighting, you work on 2 types:
- HRT + VHRT: 180 missions
- VHRT + ERT: 90 missions

Timewise, with a Gladius, each target type costs some time on target, not counting for the approach:
- Warden: 1/2 minute (HRT / VHRT)
- Valkyrie: 1 minute (HRT / VHRT)
- Hurricane: 2 minutes (HRT / VHRT)
- Hammerhead: 6 minutes (ERT)

Quick math: it is faster to do HRT + VHRT then VHRT+ ERT. Also with the atmospheric missions, Hammerheads are more challenging. A lot spawn on the dark side and they hug the surface so you have half the space to maneuver costing more time.

1641043085624.png

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
I did twice the 100-missions-in-a-row. HRT and VHRT. That is approximately 5 - 6 hours constant fighting
Just... wow. Even with the best simpit, that must have been physically very hard.

For the Crusader / Hurston / ArcCorp / Microtech missions, I wanted to know the impact of each type of mission, so I "measured" the progress of 5 of each type on lvl 5 to be able to predict the number of missions. I'm not going to do the math here, but:
- HRT: 280 missions
- VHRT: 140 missions
- ERT: 70 missions
Amazing, thank you so much. It's exactly what I asked for. This is incredibly useful information.

I confess I'm surprised to see that it takes 280 HRT missions to get offered the license to allow you to do VHRTs (if I understand correctly). Subjectively, over a week or two, it did seem a lot, but it didn't feel like that many to me. However, I was not counting, so I defer to your much better record-keeping and maths. Bravo, @marcsand2, and thank you.

Reactions: marcsand2 and BUTUZ

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I confess I'm surprised to see that it takes 280 HRT missions to get offered the license to allow you to do VHRTs (if I understand correctly). @marcsand2, and thank you.
Naah, that isn't correct. Right now, once you earned a level for HRT or VHRT or ERT, that counts for every chain, if you did the first certification for that chain. Since Bounty Hunters Guild is the first to complete, ERT is gained pretty fast ;)
I had BlackJac and MT Protection Services ERT at once, when I did the entry certification.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I counted on MT bounties. It is course, because I only did VHRT.
lvl 0 -> lvl 1 certification mission
lvl 1 -> lvl 2 1x VHRT
lvl 2 -> lvl 3 3x VHRT
lvl 3 -> lvl 4 11x VHRT
lvl 4 -> lvl 5 45x VHRT
That sounds correct. lvl 5 then approximately will be 3x 45 = 130 - 140 VHRT bounties.
ERT = 2x VHRT
VHRT = 2x HRT
HRT = 2x MRT

Reactions: Raven_King

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I counted on MT bounties. It is course, because I only did VHRT.
lvl 0 -> lvl 1 certification mission
lvl 1 -> lvl 2 1x VHRT
lvl 2 -> lvl 3 3x VHRT
lvl 3 -> lvl 4 11x VHRT
lvl 4 -> lvl 5 45x VHRT
That sounds correct. lvl 5 then approximately will be 3x 45 = 130 - 140 VHRT bounties.
ERT = 2x VHRT
VHRT = 2x HRT
HRT = 2x MRT
140? Damn... how is the payout on the big ones? 100k?

Reactions: Raven_King
Forgot your password?