Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
26 here! Gonna have to learn better drinking habits from you all. And by better I mean more efficient drinking habits. :)
Ha! Watch me on twitch Friday nights. You will see "efficient"

flickdbean

Admiral
Jan 17, 2016
RSI Handle
flickdbean
There was a poll on reddit a while ago.

The Median age was something in the 24-27 range, with 30-40 being the second highest demographic, which is crazy for a video game!
not really, considering the average age of gamers is 31.
"The average age of someone who plays games is 31 years old. In fact, more gamers are over the age of 36 than between the ages of 18 to 35 or under the age of 18. They are also mostly men, but by a slimming margin. Men make up 52 percent."(source:gaming advocacy group. link: http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/gaming-advocacy-group-the-average-gamer-is-31-and-most-play-on-a-console/)

i'm 41 btw

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
I'm weird. I kept wishing to be older much longer than most "kids." Once I hit 30, I finally felt like people took me seriously.

Now I'm a happy 34. Not dreading any upcoming birthdays in the next 10 years or so. I'm happy at this age. I'm even proud of my gray hair. I'd keep the grays if I could just dye the browns.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I'm weird. I kept wishing to be older much longer than most "kids." Once I hit 30, I finally felt like people took me seriously.

Now I'm a happy 34. Not dreading any upcoming birthdays in the next 10 years or so. I'm happy at this age. I'm even proud of my gray hair. I'd keep the grays if I could just dye the browns.
Dying hair gray is a new trend among kids these days.

Reactions: Blind Owl

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I know. I can't wait to get enough gray to just let it go natural.
Meee tooo sister! I've got a few solid white ones coming in and barring some freak genetic wildcard I won't be going bald. Luxurious white hair for days here I come.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
My beard is turning grey but not yet my head.

My wife says I look funny. C'est la vie. :)

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
not really, considering the average age of gamers is 31.
"The average age of someone who plays games is 31 years old. In fact, more gamers are over the age of 36 than between the ages of 18 to 35 or under the age of 18. They are also mostly men, but by a slimming margin. Men make up 52 percent."(source:gaming advocacy group. link: http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/gaming-advocacy-group-the-average-gamer-is-31-and-most-play-on-a-console/)

i'm 41 btw
I'm 35. And I'm wondering if they include pokemon, Sims, and phone games in the statistics for the age and sex of "gamers".

I'm probably being a bit elitist, but some games do not make a gamer imho. At least not in the sense I feel it used to mean.

Forgot your password?