Huge change for PvP training incoming for 3.11

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
From a post by CIG here. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/alpha-3-11-law-system-updates

Players are now briefly offered the option to press charges/forgive on crimes committed against them. This is defaulted to press charges for crime committed by non-party members and defaulted to forgive for party members should the notification be ignored. This allows player lured into a party only to be killed to press charges after the fact. Organizers of massive PVP battles, this change is for you too! Assuming all parties involved are willing to forgive offenses, you can duke it out without the fear of a Crimestat ruining the fun. We’ll be keeping a close eye on this particular change to see how we can improve it based on how you use it in the PU.

there are other changes, but this is the big one.

looks like PvP training could be back...but we all have to be part of the same party or we have to actively forgive each other if in different parties

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
From a post by CIG here. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/alpha-3-11-law-system-updates

Players are now briefly offered the option to press charges/forgive on crimes committed against them. This is defaulted to press charges for crime committed by non-party members and defaulted to forgive for party members should the notification be ignored. This allows player lured into a party only to be killed to press charges after the fact. Organizers of massive PVP battles, this change is for you too! Assuming all parties involved are willing to forgive offenses, you can duke it out without the fear of a Crimestat ruining the fun. We’ll be keeping a close eye on this particular change to see how we can improve it based on how you use it in the PU.

there are other changes, but this is the big one.

looks like PvP training could be back...but we all have to be part of the same party or we have to actively forgive each other if in different parties
"You dropped a hand grenade down the front of my trousers, but I forgive you."

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
PvP training never was gone. You only must choose your training grounds carefully: non-monitored space, like Delamar, Lagrange points.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I would very much like to charge that griefer who was pad-ramming around Olisar, the one who rudely broke all my bullets on his hull shortly after, but he impolitely chose to explode in to chunks of quivering sushi rather than talk thorough my legitimate concerns about it with him.

Oh well.

Reactions: Bambooza

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
what would happen in a 100vs100 battle in the future are you going to get 100 requests to press charges or forgive? this would be annoying as shit.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
what would happen in a 100vs100 battle in the future are you going to get 100 requests to press charges or forgive? this would be annoying as shit.
Just do it in a lawless area. The Fuzz won't be everywhere in the 'Verse. Or play AC/SM/ToW on your ships entertainment system while you are QDing across the system for 40+ minutes.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
but what if your space station is in a lawful zone and another guild wants to seize it!
I would very much expect in UEE space the UEE will look dimly upon forced re-ownership of of a station like that. The might of the United Earth Empire will be on your side, citizen.

If you manage to get a station in a high security space (if it becomes a thing), seizing by force won't be able to happen there. I expect an Org would be able to buy out another Orgs station in these places if the owner Org was willing to sell, but even if the invasion was a success and the UEE did not step in to evict them, ownership would not transfer and the profits from their running the station would still go to the owner Org. At that point, just set your profit tax from 15% to 110% and the station is useless to them because they are now paying you 10% on top of anything they would have got for their activity... That Org would be crippled in a day if they didn't work out what was going on and pushed a few big deals through before their bank balance went into the red.

Thinking about it, it is much more likely the only way to have a station in law coverage zones would be to lease like you would a business premises a company doesn't itself own - so although you had a station to operate from it would not be "yours" as such - and the rival Org could take it over by agreeing to pay more to the landlord, and you were lawfully evicted...? Keep it legal, citizens. This is where the economic play will come into place I think.

Then you'd need to get your Orgs Kraken P's and Banu Mercentmen into place nearby to cover your local supply network for your lost station while you look over the books to see if it is worth getting the station back or if you can carry on like that - but then you realize you can, for a short time, buy the exclusive shipping rights in a particular area and that Org hasn't covered their asses by snapping them up because they are so damned expensive but now you don't have to pay for that station anymore they seem to be worth it... You wait for them to establish their operation and then buy 4 days of exclusivity for the cost of a months lease on that station... Now the local law forces are clamping down on the stations operations and the sure-thing investment is now a detriment to them, for however long we can afford to keep up the exclusive shipping rights deal, another 4 days? Yeah lets treat ourselves... Queen to J6, your move Rival Org you started this business war but we're going to end it.

In a lawless zone, yeah go in all guns blazing. In a lawful zone, keep it all above board and nice because force is the one option which is off te table here but there will be are other ways to get a cat out of a box other than screeeeaming at it.

DISCLAIMER - The above is all Theorycraft.

EDIT - I think I recall there are plans for offices to be leaseable on stations, but there will be other companies present, including NPC companies and other orgs. I don't think a single Org would be able to lease all of the office space so although the above theorycrafting sounds GLORIOUS I think stations in lawful space will not be able to be owned by any one Org. it'd likely be more profitable and flexible to have a Kraken P/Merchantman and a couple Hull E's parked next to it and run a trading setup like that as you'd own all of that setups assets and running a couple large ships will be much more tenable than one large station. Disclaimer again, theorycraft.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Only the person that killed you would be charged I think
Solution : press charge auto activated by default, then you have 100 bounties to hunt down ;)

Forgot your password?