Hurricane Florence and the US East Coast

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
One model I've seen is that the hurricane straddles land and sea and just stays stationary for several days like Hurricane Harvey did for 3 days over Houston resulting in massive floods and damage. One article I read even called Florence the Harvey of the East Coast. and I've seen one prediction of 48 inches of rain to be dumped. You should all be preparing to evacuate if this looks to be the case by Tuesday.
Yeah I saw that model. I'm hoping it pushes inland and depowers. Parts of North Carolina have only finally recovered from Mathew two years ago and we really don't need to be slammed like this again.
If Florence blows out the bridges at the south end of the Neuse River trail my mountain bike is going to be a sad panda.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Last edited:
Reactions: Ammorn

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Something that hasn't been talked about in the news but I've seen from independents on youtube is that Florence formed in conjunction with a sandstorm from the Sahara Desert. There is a good chance this hurricane will have some sand to dump once it starts bottoming out on land. Beep Beep Beep, ok back the dump truck up. Beep Beep Beep.

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
Something that hasn't been talked about in the news but I've seen from independents on youtube is that Florence formed in conjunction with a sandstorm from the Sahara Desert. There is a good chance this hurricane will have some sand to dump once it starts bottoming out on land. Beep Beep Beep, ok back the dump truck up. Beep Beep Beep.
Interesting, given that it depowered in the mid-Atlantic due to it's cyclone becoming asymmetrical (right before it took the hard left and aimed right for Montoya a couple of days ago), I'd be surprised if it's still carrying much other than water most of which it's likely drawn back up as it energized again.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Here in NJ we've had almost a week of rain and it's supposed to continue at least until Friday. If Florence comes up here we're gonna go underwater regardless of whatever the winds are. Is pretty serious. They still don't know what the track will be past Thursday, but someone is gonna get lots of water at the least.

Forgot your password?