Hurricane Florence and the US East Coast

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Stay safe everyone. There is a strong possibility now that the system will reach the coast and hover for a while before moving further in. The flooding is coming. Also storm surge and I saw where DPS reversed some of the highways in the area so people could use ALL THE LANES to evacuate.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
They're saying the worst hit in 60 years. . .high cat 4 and 20" rain. Not good.

I grew up off exit 168/ Westwood, in sleepy little River Vale--is just West of NYC. I now live in Galloway, outside Atlantic City down at 44. Sounds like you grew up in the armpit. That's the part of the state we show outsiders to scare them away, what, like 10 miles South of the Oranges, Newark and Rutgers? Ouch. . .hard place to grow up.
lol, one person in NJ calling another place in NJ an armpit! Like the pot calling the kettle black...

My exit was the start of the "Shore Points"...about a couple of miles away from Sandy Hook & the shore!

You live near AC? omg, I'd kill myself if I had to live in an area filled with Philadelphia Eagles fans!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No really, the part of the state by the Meadowlands where the Eastern Shore bends West is indeed called the "armpit". How can you live there and not know this? Yeah, where all the refineries and plastics mills are for a couple hundred square miles. . .the part of the state we show others so they don't want to move here and spoil it.

In Oregon they always brag how nice it is and everyone is moving there and spoiling it. We're much more shrewd in the Garden State.

But yeah, it is MUCH nicer up in Bergan County than down here and the Phillies fans are annoying. Eagles. . .not so much.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
No really, the part of the state by the Meadowlands where the Eastern Shore bends West is indeed called the "armpit". How can you live there and not know this? Yeah, where all the refineries and plastics mills are for a couple hundred square miles. . .the part of the state we show others so they don't want to move here and spoil it.

In Oregon they always brag how nice it is and everyone is moving there and spoiling it. We're much more shrewd in the Garden State.

But yeah, it is MUCH nicer up in Bergan County than down here and the Phillies fans are annoying. Eagles. . .not so much.
Oh yeah, you are talking about the Turnpike...shudders...I always avoided that, it was just everybody from out of state rushing from Philly to NYC.

Reactions: Bambooza and Ammorn

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So happy to see Florence is downgraded to a cat 2! They were saying it would be a high car 4, almost cat 5 the other day and it's great that it has degraded.

Still, folks are gonna get a lot of water. Isn't Toys in NC, right near where the storm is coming in?

Prayers for our friends in NC, SC and looks like GA is going to get hit too, at least with lots of water. The flooding is always the most dangerous part.

Did you get out, Montoya?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Reports of first fatalities have come in on UK BBC news - a tree went over on to a house killing a mother and daughter and injuring the father.

Even though it may not be the strongest, please look after yourselves if you find you are in its path.

Reactions: Ammorn
Forgot your password?