Hype Train: Operation Pitchfork

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
If you participate in Pitchfork, take notes! Observe how ships fight, survive, etc... Pitchfork will be a huge combat data study.

Reactions: Macabre Poetry

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
@NKato I'll be damned if I don't record as much as I can. Man, you have no idea how excited I am for this. I mean, I read about massive WoW raids, Eve battles, etc. and now I have the opportunity to be part of an event that will make video game history. I may not be in the books, so to speak, but I will be able to say, without lying, that I was there.

Though... if I really wanted to get noticed, I'd go in my Carrack :D

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
It will be interesting to see how CIG reacts to this. Optimistically, they will dig it and fold it into the game lore, making it a part of Star Citizen forever,because it is such a huge movement among the fanbase.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
It will be interesting to see how CIG reacts to this. Optimistically, they will dig it and fold it into the game lore, making it a part of Star Citizen forever,because it is such a huge movement among the fanbase.
I certainly hope they don't just reset it, 10000 people will be pissed.

Husker

Grand Admiral
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Husker2166
They'll probably reset it at least once, but I'm hoping they change their minds about that.
Well by the final version of PU we will know the best direction to take the ORG. I see them resetting it between Alpha and Beta, not sure about before release.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Well by the final version of PU we will know the best direction to take the ORG. I see them resetting it between Alpha and Beta, not sure about before release.
I hope they give us backers some time before everyone else to set up our magnificent asteroid bases.

Macabre Poetry

Official Signature Generator Bot
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
MacabrePoetry
They've definitely indicated the strong possibility of resets during PU alpha and beta as they work to balance the system.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I hope they DO reset stuff in the PU between Alpha and Beta. Gives everyone a chance to try out all the ships they want to possibly buy, go crash around a bit, and doesn't "punish" people who might lose ships/money because of Alpha/Beta problems and woes.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
didn't they also say that they might keep certain events from before the reset?

i mean like idk: destroing a planets economy?

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
yeah and if you block a planet long enough of there suply the town will go to hell XD

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
IIRC they don't plan to beta wipe, but it's uncertain. If they do, it'll just set off Operation Pitchfork 2.0 with better odds of success.

Forgot your password?