I came, I saw, I blew up!

intristin

Commander
Donor
May 30, 2017
RSI Handle
TristinD
Hey all, TristinD here from Brooklyn. Played EVE since 2003, decided to give this game a shot. After walking around the station bumping into walls for an hour I finally figured out how to get to my ship. Took me 20 mins to figure out how to take off and immediately crashed into the side the the space station and blew up. I can neither confirm or deny the involvement of alcohol. Anyone know of a good newb video "how to play" series?

intristin

Commander
Donor
May 30, 2017
RSI Handle
TristinD
haha, I hate FPS games because I can never get my head around around the controls. I made it out to one of the quest thingies in space and entered combat with one ship. He blew me up, I don't think even one of my shots hit his damn ship. He was raping me and I was basically giving him a fireworks show. I'm gonna need a lot of pratice to get the hang of this game.

A.Santos

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 6, 2016
RSI Handle
A_Santos
I've always been in to flight Simulator and FPS so i guess SC was not the biggest challenge for me
but for one who hates FPS, I sure get the fustrasionen
my advice to you is.... spend some time in AC (Arena Commande)
do some free flight / Vandul Swarm so you get control and buttons learned
And learn the benefits and limitations of your ship
After that, spend some time in Battle Royale, this mode is against other players
This will test and train your combat skills , and you will come out a better combat pilot.
I promise you..... after you done this you will be able to take off without crashing into the station :grinning:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Welcome to TEST Tristin :beers:
Get a flightstick, up down left right throttle fire weapons, the rest will follow in time. Flying with a keyboard and mouse feels so unnatural, however, if you manage to fly and fight with keyboard and mouse, you will have an edge above flying with a flightstick.
The difference is:
- with flightstick you fly and aim with your ship
- with mouse you aim, point and shoot, with keyboard you manoeuvre your ship

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Welcome to TEST SQUADRON :beer::beer::beers:

And I say as some already have, spend time in single play "Arena commander" Free flight you got landing pads there too, so you can practice landing crashes and take of crashes. Best part with "Arena commander" is there is no effect on your ship or your character no matter how many time you crash and in the single play free flight there is unlimited direct respawn of your ship, so you can repeat the latest crash over an over until you make it that perfect fireball.

Then when you think you got the hang of the basic crash techniques you can do single play "Arena commander" Wanduul or Pirate swarm to get the hang on being that perfect target, from there you can then go in to the different Multiplayer and do crashing and blowing up with style there against other players in co-op PVE or PVP and the Ai.. which is awesome practice I practice here a lot.

When you get the real hang of your flying eh.. crashing, I suggest you try racing it might not appeal to you since it is very confusing and hard in the beginning. BUT if there is any place in Star Citizen you learn how to handle the perfect crash, racing is the place and in racing is the best and easiest way to earn your REC with less effort. The REC currency is used to rent weapon and ships for "Arena Commander", the weapon can also be used in the PU too.. (Persistent Universe)

But understand in "Arena Commander" there is no long term effect on your character or your ships, it is a training area same as the FPS Star Marine they are only simulation training areas and do not effect your character or ships..
In PU the universe how ever that is a another story and crashing there can give you a criminal stat which on your own is not easy as a new to get rid of without help and being a criminal, in universe will get you a bulls eye on your back, most people do not want this.. ;)

PU = Persistent Universe ( Crusader login )
AC = Arena Commander (Free to combat flight PVE - PVP simulation ground)
Area18 or ArcCorp = is a piece of the city Planet Arc Corp that will be avail in the Universe. further up the road..
SM = Star Marine (FPS combat simulation ground)

The Hangar module is your private place where you can spawn your different ships and equip them with various guns and equipment you might have or just walk around them, inside and just enjoy your ship....

CHEER! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers:

Last edited:

intristin

Commander
Donor
May 30, 2017
RSI Handle
TristinD
Thanks, I will have to check out that Arena Commander, sounds like what I need. Oh, and I have been playing with a controller, which I am admittedly not use to. I have been thinking about getting one of those flight sticks. Any recommendations on good ones? I could probably swing upto a hundred bucks if it would make flying easier. Maybe I should go all out and get one of those cockpit gaming chairs. Shouldn't do anymore damage to my sex life then my 4 cats allready do.

4cats.png

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
"I crashed, I died, I crashed again..." words by some random fantastic guy in TEST!
"I'm in ADI and TEST sucks! It's a disgrace to our community! :angry:" words by a filthy ADI member...

intristin

Commander
Donor
May 30, 2017
RSI Handle
TristinD
The thrustmaster t.16000m is a great entry set up.
Either just the stick, dual stick, or HOTAS it's a good option to look at.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KCHPRXA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_69AlzbRRWRHT3
I've been watching youtube videos all morning and the two that keep getting the most recommendations is dual stick and HOTUS plus months and months of trigger time in AC. Which I'm perfectly willing to do. Gonna watch some more videos. I'm kind of leaning towards dual stick as it seems like it might be a more affordable setup.

Forgot your password?