I have a problem and no this isn't clickbait.

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
I told you it wasn't clickbait, now read fool READ.

My Dad just got interested into playing Star Citizen, but for some reason every time we try to get into the same instance either my game crashes OR it puts me in a different instance. Just to be clear I do hit the "Join these friends" button for it to do this. It just seems that every time I try to join his instance or vice versa it either crashes or puts us in the wrong one. Any help would be appreciated, even if its the occasional shitpost...

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Tried the same with a friend couple days ago, only time we got in same server was.
1st Obvious we are in same party then 2nd Make shore you have same server US, EU... etc... selected.

Then the one started the Party enter first and important.. No one else join until he give a verify all clear that he is joined in PU.
Then next one "join friends server" one at a time.. if you try to join to early, it seam it fail almost every time or if two in same party try same time one will not get joined in same server...

Yes we did have to do a couple tries before it worked, guess when we started to used patience and one party member at a time it started worked... Hope this can help you to, me and my friend got to play rest of time in same instance every re login..

Side note:
we all restarted from scratch when it failed.. which was most do to impatience some one joined to fast

Don't know if this is best secure way to get in all in same party but this worked for us all evening and night... that day ;)

Cheers! :beer::beers::beers::beers::beer:

Reactions: Dragonslaya54

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
1. Make a party, 2 ways to do that:
A. one in main menu, one enters PU, hit F11, invite
B. one in main menu, one in PU, type in general chat: /partyinvite <rsi-handle> (without <>)​
2. the one in menu now tries to join the one in PU, also a few options:
A.
- Take care that region is set the same, eg. both USA
- Press Join Friends​
B.
- Take care that all have region set to All
- Press Visit Space Port​
3. check instance:
- if in PU, press [LEFTALT] + ?
- select chat window (press the button with 4 horizontal stripe)
- default you are in party chat, select main chat
- type something in Main chat​
4. if not in the same instance, the party leader stays in PU, the party member return to main menu and tries to enter again, if the instance of party leader isn't full, then 3 - 5 retries are common
5. if still not in the same instance after 3 - 5 retries, then the instance probably is full, party leader leaves PU and enters another instance, party member follows again after party leader is in instance.

Are you and your dad using the same internet connection? That could explain the crashes, it is a wild guess, I don't know, I only have one account so I can't TEST it.

Hopefully the party system will be fixed in 2.6.2

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
1. Make a party, 2 ways to do that:
A. one in main menu, one enters PU, hit F11, invite
B. one in main menu, one in PU, type in general chat: /partyinvite <rsi-handle> (without <>)​
2. the one in menu now tries to join the one in PU, also a few options:
A.
- Take care that region is set the same, eg. both USA
- Press Join Friends​
B.
- Take care that all have region set to All
- Press Visit Space Port​
3. check instance:
- if in PU, press [LEFTALT] + ?
- select chat window (press the button with 4 horizontal stripe)
- default you are in party chat, select main chat
- type something in Main chat​
4. if not in the same instance, the party leader stays in PU, the party member return to main menu and tries to enter again, if the instance of party leader isn't full, then 3 - 5 retries are common
5. if still not in the same instance after 3 - 5 retries, then the instance probably is full, party leader leaves PU and enters another instance, party member follows again after party leader is in instance.

Are you and your dad using the same internet connection? That could explain the crashes, it is a wild guess, I don't know, I only have one account so I can't TEST it.

Hopefully the party system will be fixed in 2.6.2
There goes Mark, being all helpful and constructive again. ;)

spectre44

Admiral
Feb 4, 2017
RSI Handle
spectre44
I told you it wasn't clickbait, now read fool READ.

My Dad just got interested into playing Star Citizen, but for some reason every time we try to get into the same instance either my game crashes OR it puts me in a different instance. Just to be clear I do hit the "Join these friends" button for it to do this. It just seems that every time I try to join his instance or vice versa it either crashes or puts us in the wrong one. Any help would be appreciated, even if its the occasional shitpost...
I was on discord with some testies the other day and I learned that sometimes the sequence is to "follow" contacts on your RSI page, logout of RSI page, then log into Star Citizen. Did you follow this sequence prior to hitting "Join these friends"? If not give it a shot...game is still buggy as you know.

Lastly and most importantly, get your Dad to join TEST!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I was on discord with some testies the other day and I learned that sometimes the sequence is to "follow" contacts on your RSI page, logout of RSI page, then log into Star Citizen. Did you follow this sequence prior to hitting "Join these friends"? If not give it a shot...game is still buggy as you know.

Lastly and most importantly, get your Dad to join TEST!
The contacts are necessary for the F11 party system, for the /partyinvite party system you don't have to be in each others contact list. The safest way to use the contacts is to add contacts at all party members and completely restart SC.
The minimum requirement is that all members have the party leader as contact and the party leader has all members as contact. Completely restart SC after everybody has his required contact.
Ah, there also is a limit of 250 contacts, don't go over 250!!!

spectre44

Admiral
Feb 4, 2017
RSI Handle
spectre44
The contacts are necessary for the F11 party system, for the /partyinvite party system you don't have to be in each others contact list. The safest way to use the contacts is to add contacts at all party members and completely restart SC.
The minimum requirement is that all members have the party leader as contact and the party leader has all members as contact. Completely restart SC after everybody has his required contact.
Ah, there also is a limit of 250 contacts, don't go over 250!!!
super helpful thank you!!

Forgot your password?