I pray y'all bought your BMM. She's going up to $350.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I hope that I'm able to buy the Redeemer and use my $0.00 CCu to BMM. If they block this, they are opening up a big ol' can shit they may not want to. That would effectively kill CCU's.

"Honey, I need $250.00 for another ship. All the other guys are getting one. It's very cool ship. Honestly it is. And I need it to complete my fleet. It'll be the last one I buy, I promise."

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
They did not screwed up anything. They have done this all the time. Only downgrades after price change will get deleted. But it will take a bit of time before that happens. All upgrades will stay even if they are 0usd upgrades.
I never seen them delete upgrades. Only what would become downgrades.

In any case it will not happen right away.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
You will be able to do that. However they will remove any upgrades that goes the other way eventually. This is because it would act as a downgrade with no return of credits.
Ahh great. I knew about the no downgrade stuff. But I heard rumors that some CCU's weren't be accepted.

"Honey, it's ok. It's gonna work out alright. Umm, I can still have that $250.00, right"

Reactions: Blind Owl

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I was thinking about upgrading my Sabre Comet to an Andro. I have an andro to MM ccu.

The cool thing is the Sabre Comet I got at 175 and now it is 185 so I make $10 on that upgrade. Then I got the andro to MM upgrade for $50. I'm just not sure I want the MM because of the possible cost of crewing the thing. But it would be nice for hauling lots of stuff.

Then I can buyback my Buc for my fighter ship. I'm a lousy pilot so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be either mining or hauling and not fighting.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I'm just not sure I want the MM because of the possible cost of crewing the thing. But it would be nice for hauling lots of stuff.
I think they are positioning the MM as more of a way of life for a trader, less like a hauler.

There are better ships for pure hauling. The Hull series, for example.

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
In buyback, maybe. I don't know about buyback stuff. But I have them in my hanger. I got a bunch of 0 dollar Redeemer to BMM etc.

I wish I could gift 0 dollar CCUs. I'll see if I have a cheap one though, although I don't hold out hope.
That being said, I'm interested to see if I apply a 0 dollar CCU to a ship bought with cash, if I'm able to gift it.
I'm going to do an experiment. If I can, we may be able to work something out. I have tons of the 0 dollar ones.

Yes you can. Lets say you buy a dragonfly LTI for cash from your buyback list if you have.
Then use either cash or store creds to upgrade it to a redeemer and then apply a BMM upgrade. You can gift it. no problem :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I hope that I'm able to buy the Redeemer and use my $0.00 CCu to BMM. If they block this, they are opening up a big ol' can shit they may not want to. That would effectively kill CCU's.

"Honey, I need $250.00 for another ship. All the other guys are getting one. It's very cool ship. Honestly it is. And I need it to complete my fleet. It'll be the last one I buy, I promise."
Yeah, so long as you have those CCUs in your hanger, they won't be touched.

Reactions: Stevetank

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
Well they will not be touched in that sense that you don't have to pay a new price for them. lol
Worse if you for some weird reason melted down your 0usd upgrades. In that case you would have to now pay 100USD to buy them back because of the price change.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
im not too concerned about buying one. might look into purchasing one in game. Dont hold out for me.
So I did the TEST, and as @Elmy said, so long as the original ship was purchased with cold hard cash, you can apply as many credit bought upgrades as you want to it and it'll still be giftable.

Meaning that if people want $250 BMM's, I can do it. Just means I gotta do the purchasing, then gift them.

Edit: damn phone. I CAN do it, just takes some fuckery.

Last edited:

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
Can confirm a few things:

-CCUs in buy back adjust based on price ( my BMM to crucible CCU went from 100$ to 0$ buy back :slight_smile: )
-I went CCU crazy before and had 5-10 x 0$ CCUs to and from each 350$ ship to each other 350$ ship.....
-My old 0$ CCUs from redeemer or warden to BMM work fine...
-I now have 3 BMMs and am waiting for ANY of the other 350$ ships to come back on sale so I can diversify again.....

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I have my redeemer to merchantman ccu safe and sound in my hangar.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Would a cat to merchantman upgrade be worth it? looking at he cargo difference alone has me thinking, and the upgrade is only 55 dollars

Forgot your password?