I wish...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you could have a wish come true in the game, what would it be?

I have three and can't choose between the three of them.

1) The Test Weapons Research Lab (TWRL) TP-20,000 toilet paper gun. Since the introduction of toilets and toilet roll in the 'Verse it has been crying out for a novelty weapon with ammo which is as plentiful as players and NPC's are, especially since cloth deformation physics came in - it's almost like those physics were made for a TP-20,000.

2) Pet rocks with googly-eyes stuck to them. Not only could they be perfect spacefarers company on a ship dashboard as they don't consume your food or drink, and don't die when you open the door and all the air goes away, they could also be a blunt-object weapon if big enough and a hammer for engineering work. There could be system-mascot variants depending on the geology of the main landing zone too.

3) I might have been the first player to fly round the Broken Moon in patch 2.5: I'd love a crashed original model 350r with a dead spaceman in TEST coloured armour and the Caudrillo Hazard helmet holding a bottle of beer propped up against the side of the ship at the end of the crag which spans the length of that moon as a memento of that trip:

View: https://vimeo.com/190447579
1682668094952.png

What would be your heart-desire to see in game if you had that wish come true?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Online shopping. Like you land at a port, but instead of getting out of your ship and into a train to travel all the way to some terminal 10 kilometers away, you'd open up your mobiglass planetary browser and navigate to the stores webpage from the comfort of your cramped little space shuttle. Then finish the transaction remotely and just focus on loading / unloading stuff.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Online shopping. Like you land at a port, but instead of getting out of your ship and into a train to travel all the way to some terminal 10 kilometers away, you'd open up your mobiglass planetary browser and navigate to the stores webpage from the comfort of your cramped little space shuttle. Then finish the transaction remotely and just focus on loading / unloading stuff.
I remember when Voyager Direct was a thing thinking it'd make a great generator of player delivery box missions!

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I remember when Voyager Direct was a thing thinking it'd make a great generator of player delivery box missions!
I'm hoping something like that will return once we get persistant Hangars\Habs as a way to acquire some "common" decorations and items (like the old posters, etc.), with others like the artifacts able to be found in loot around the verse.

It's interesting that they killed off Voyager Direct, yet part of it still lives on as the first 3 referral rewards consist of items (or varients of items in the case of the fishtank) that were previsouly sold through there.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

I would love to become an official ambassador of the UEE to the Banu. All the best way to purchase various goods from fellow TESTies without needing proof of ownership & then transport them to Banu space to sell them for a meager profit. Perhaps obtain rare, illicit or contraband items from them to various TESTies that would be interested in those wears. Everybody wins.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

I would love to become an official ambassador of the UEE to the Banu. All the best way to purchase various goods from fellow TESTies without needing proof of ownership & then transport them to Banu space to sell them for a meager profit. Perhaps obtain rare, illicit or contraband items from them to various TESTies that would be interested in those wears. Everybody wins.
Becoming a member of the senate is something I'd like to be a thing too but I think that'd become something like a full-time profession!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

I have three and can't choose between the three of them.

1) The Test Weapons Research Lab (TWRL) TP-20,000 toilet paper gun. Since the introduction of toilets and toilet roll in the 'Verse it has been crying out for a novelty weapon with ammo which is as plentiful as players and NPC's are, especially since cloth deformation physics came in - it's almost like those physics were made for a TP-20,000.

2) Pet rocks with googly-eyes stuck to them. Not only could they be perfect spacefarers company on a ship dashboard as they don't consume your food or drink, and don't die when you open the door and all the air goes away, they could also be a blunt-object weapon if big enough and a hammer for engineering work. There could be system-mascot variants depending on the geology of the main landing zone too.

3) I might have been the first player to fly round the Broken Moon in patch 2.5: I'd love a crashed original model 350r with a dead spaceman in TEST coloured armour and the Caudrillo Hazard helmet holding a bottle of beer propped up against the side of the ship at the end of the crag which spans the length of that moon as a memento of that trip:

View: https://vimeo.com/190447579
View attachment 24442

What would be your heart-desire to see in game if you had that wish come true?
I was afraid this day would come.

Slowly, more and more of our members are experiencing mental decline. It was bad to begin with, but now its accelerating!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I was afraid this day would come.

Slowly, more and more of our members are experiencing mental decline. It was bad to begin with, but now its accelerating!
With s42 taking the development focus and it being under wraps (as it should be) I've run low on things to theorycraft about so have had to start making things up :-/

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller

I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her

I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat

And a six-four Impala

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller

I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her

I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat

And a six-four Impala
I'm pretty sure most of that would be makeable in game but not sure about getting the usage rights for the Impala, it'd cost quite a lot for a licence just for the gag...?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I would wish for crafting and the ability to modify certain weapons and components. For instance, you could modify the Wow Blast toy pistol to shoot your choice of ammunition. Say, toilet paper or pet rocks with googly eyes stuck on them. You could also modify the power settings to shoot the standard darts at lethal velocities. You could certainly put someone’s eye out with a thing like that.

Also, modify the output of that Yubarev electric pistol and sniper rifle to be adjustable. You could set it anywhere from “tickle to death” to “well done”. Can you imagine looting an enemy who is laughing hysterically? It wouldn’t wear off or be treatable either. You’d have no choice but to commit hari-kiri!

My 3rd wish would be to open a security company specializing in training captured Vanduul soldiers to be elite guard lizards. Kinda like the Belgian Malinois of Stanton.
I just love animals.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I'd love to auto stock things on my ship.

Get a collection of items that I routinely want on that ship, hit a button to identify that if the minimum amount of that designated item falls below X (stocked 10 waters, used 3) it gets refilled to my minimum set amount. With the exception of ammo, that you have to take weapon clips into the ammo machine (think Big Benny's) and drop empty/ partially full clips into the bin for reload/ recharge.

If you are walking around a city PoI your hydration/ sustenance levels should slowly increase without having to actually go up and drink/ eat something. The game should assume that you're snacking while in the area unless you go up to a kiosk for something specific which tops off your hydration/ sustenance levels immediately.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd love to auto stock things on my ship.

Get a collection of items that I routinely want on that ship, hit a button to identify that if the minimum amount of that designated item falls below X (stocked 10 waters, used 3) it gets refilled to my minimum set amount. With the exception of ammo, that you have to take weapon clips into the ammo machine (think Big Benny's) and drop empty/ partially full clips into the bin for reload/ recharge.

If you are walking around a city PoI your hydration/ sustenance levels should slowly increase without having to actually go up and drink/ eat something. The game should assume that you're snacking while in the area unless you go up to a kiosk for something specific which tops off your hydration/ sustenance levels immediately.
Nice, they restock ammo and fuel some basic life supplies would be a must too, even if it's filling up the water tanks so the taps and shower in your ship bathroom provide the life elixir... Unless our Hydrogen burning engines are harvested for water byproduct and have some electrolyte etc added to make it safe to drink...?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I would wish for crafting and the ability to modify certain weapons and components.
Last I heard, it is still the plan to do some limited crafting on specific crafting benches, as found in only a few ships including the Carrack, as well as several kinds of facility. IIRC, Grimhex is supposed to contain workbenches in the future. The plan was to allow perks to weapons, etc.; but only with access to such a bench. We'll have to wait to see if that ever happens. Likewise, such benches allow one to do regular maintenance on ships systems that experience wear over time, reverse the effects of overclocking and the like. Most really big ships should include these benches.

This is again a huge advantage to multi-crew ships that can store components, because you can have one on the bench being serviced while you are flying one. It also makes the ships engineer position extremely valuable. I think there is even a mini-game planned for this because CIG wants engineering to require player skills.

Stuff I would add? I wish there were a plan to develop mecha play. While I'm contended to see Titansuits, full mechas with the same component customization as ships would have been fun. Tonks just scratch the surface. Likewise, I would love to see envenomed ballistics. Something like the ability in Star Wars Force and Destiny, where you can put Rancor Venom on Verpine Shattergun ammo, and have realistic poisoning effects, would have been a nice touch. But who knows? After Beta when in full release could be these things get added over many years, just so long as players don't get disgruntled with what will then be very poor graphics compared to other games.

Last edited:

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Next wish? - Meaningfully-Functional NPC Crew. With LTI ...

This is an early vision and long-promised feature of the game for which we've been shown no progress (perhaps because its a major SQ42 feature / surprise).

My wild, random hunch: Could sales of LTI NPC crew with different expertise be a next funding horizon for the game? (but I've already earned many with multi-packages, right?)

In any event, I'm still betting we'll see this feature. Especially with Microsoft's or Google's new AI (aka Cylons) now poised to take over the world.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?