Idea For Added Group Gameplay

Zomad

Commander
Mar 28, 2021
RSI Handle
Zomad
I had an idea to add to the excitement of the game and sort of force group gameplay somewhat.

Due to the large amount of Organizations why not have Organizations have physical homes on planets or moons. That they build, stock, defend, store their ships, and spawn (log-in and/or out).

Playing members' ships will emit an identifier beacon, much like normal aircraft, and give your member ID, Org, ect. If you are a member of a Pirate Org people will have recourse to give revenge. Same if you are an member of any other type of Org.

Your membership will build the home station. Your membership will defend it. It will be like a plant, it will require tending in order to grow. Neglect the basic needs of the Organization and it will fall into decay.

So this will add a depth of gameplay and will keep players and Orgs "busy" i.e. Idle hands and all of that. So Orgs that just want to create mayhem in the 'verse will suffer, much like those who choose that life style IRL. Orgs that are organized and busy will succeed and grow, create possible power struggles, turf wars, or alliances.

It will create worker bees, guardians, explorers, ect. in a centralized area of their own. Locations will be scouted and "claimed" as explorers have done in the past, fighting off
marauding warriors, carving out footholds in the new frontier.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well those are very good idea... infact it's all already planned by CIG!.
Few years a go there was a sall of "land claim marker" (they'll be purchasable in-game at some point...) that will allow player to claim region on planetside that will became theyr property.
Also, the ability to contruct planetside installation is already plannet with also a ship capable of build and place outpost structure (and probably more in the future) in situ, the Pioneer, and I'll expect in the future we'll be able to build structure basically every ware we like, such as into asteroid, in caves or directly undergound.

Also CIG has alredy speak of a "access managemt system" that will allow player to manage access to they ships at different level, and from there evolve it to allow access right to grpund installation also I thnk is an easy step.

So yeah is already all planned... just need to have some (a lot) of patience and whait for this idea to came into play... litteraly.

Zomad

Commander
Mar 28, 2021
RSI Handle
Zomad
That sounds awesome. I have been pretty aggravated with spending my allotted time to play simply trying to play.

I have always been told don't complain unless you have ideas on how to provide a fix to the problem. It seems CGI was way ahead of me. Which is good. 😀

I like them to put food venders in some of the food courts. I was down to 15% and needed to QD to another port just to eat.

It is all good in the hood, for now.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I like them to put food venders in some of the food courts. I was down to 15% and needed to QD to another port just to eat.
Ok, about this...
EVERY station and landing zone does actually have some food and beverage vendors.. even if I0've to admit most of them are not implemented yet.
In Microtec go to the commons, in the atrium where NPC are jogging there are a couple of food vendors that also sell beverage, on Area18 there are some stall along the allay that sell burritos and beverage too... Loreville... well you are not suppose to eate just work... so no lunch in there (as far as I know...).

For the station just go to the "Galleria" (there is a second elevator that take you there), again, here most of the vendors are not implemented jet (shame on CIG for that...) but burrito's vendor are good to go.

On Olissar look for the water bottles on the Casaba desk, while for eating ther are some eregy bar and some "chicken bits" space food on the counter of the weapons shop... I know it's a silly and defenetly NOT intuitive solution, but PO is a reeealy old station that has never been updated since... well I think 2.6... so ther isn't a dedicated food court...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Ok, about this...
EVERY station and landing zone does actually have some food and beverage vendors.. even if I0've to admit most of them are not implemented yet.
In Microtec go to the commons, in the atrium where NPC are jogging there are a couple of food vendors that also sell beverage, on Area18 there are some stall along the allay that sell burritos and beverage too... Loreville... well you are not suppose to eate just work... so no lunch in there (as far as I know...).

For the station just go to the "Galleria" (there is a second elevator that take you there), again, here most of the vendors are not implemented jet (shame on CIG for that...) but burrito's vendor are good to go.

On Olissar look for the water bottles on the Casaba desk, while for eating ther are some eregy bar and some "chicken bits" space food on the counter of the weapons shop... I know it's a silly and defenetly NOT intuitive solution, but PO is a reeealy old station that has never been updated since... well I think 2.6... so ther isn't a dedicated food court...
Lorville has lunch, in the place to buy space suits and clothing etc. near the cash register guy. In some of the stations, it can be a little hard to find if not near the place where you spawn ships, but if you try the food court near the gallery you should find what you're looking for. Also microTech - there's a food/drink vendor right opposite the place you spawn ships. Just turn left instead of right after exiting the main staircase

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
@Zomad I have read some (probably old) info from CIG about player outpost and the possibility to store ships. Currently this is not a planned feature. Player will not be able to store ships in outposts. But I guess they will come up with some thing in the future, as it makes logical sense that you can store your ship at your home (at least small ones would be nice).

Note that CIG will implement some derelict space station that can be claimed by players (and orgs).

As for ships, per its Q&A, the Endeavor will be able to spawn ships (small ships). This is already a very nice feature for fleets. I guess they can implement the same for outposts, if not for the storing capability.

Zomad

Commander
Mar 28, 2021
RSI Handle
Zomad
Another question, this is addressing piracy. It is cool to be able to steal someone's ship. It adds a deep layer of complexity and another exciting criminal element to the game albeit not my cup of tea, but I digress.

Tell me though, what are the owners' recourse if the skyjackers are caught mid-jack. In real life we have the Stand Your Ground and The Castle Doctrine. However, in SC if someone tries to steal your ship, say in an armistice zone, all one can do is stand there and ask the hijackers politely to stop and decline the ransom demands. One cannot pull their weapon or accost them physically to wrest control the of your property back from the thieves. That leaves character resetting, then respawning of the ship, which I'd like to be a fly on the wall when that happens :) Ultimately, the only person who stands to lose is the player getting pirated. If someone's ship is loaded with cargo while being pirated/hijacked and the player has no other way to "defend" him or herself and the player chose to reset (backspace) then the cargo is lost. It is Lose/Lose for the peaceful player.

IMHO this is pretty lop-sided game play and unfair to those who are peacefully going about their business. I am all for the added gameplay but it cannot be so uneven. Is CGI trying to push players to engage in this gameplay just to test it? Or will the game spiral into a Grand Theft Auto spirited game where crime is #1 and everything else comes later.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Another question, this is addressing piracy. It is cool to be able to steal someone's ship. It adds a deep layer of complexity and another exciting criminal element to the game albeit not my cup of tea, but I digress.

Tell me though, what are the owners' recourse if the skyjackers are caught mid-jack. In real life we have the Stand Your Ground and The Castle Doctrine. However, in SC if someone tries to steal your ship, say in an armistice zone, all one can do is stand there and ask the hijackers politely to stop and decline the ransom demands. One cannot pull their weapon or accost them physically to wrest control the of your property back from the thieves. That leaves character resetting, then respawning of the ship, which I'd like to be a fly on the wall when that happens :) Ultimately, the only person who stands to lose is the player getting pirated. If someone's ship is loaded with cargo while being pirated/hijacked and the player has no other way to "defend" him or herself and the player chose to reset (backspace) then the cargo is lost. It is Lose/Lose for the peaceful player.

IMHO this is pretty lop-sided game play and unfair to those who are peacefully going about their business. I am all for the added gameplay but it cannot be so uneven. Is CGI trying to push players to engage in this gameplay just to test it? Or will the game spiral into a Grand Theft Auto spirited game where crime is #1 and everything else comes later.
You have those doctrines in some countries but remember this game has been backed by people of over 120 countries some of which don't have those laws.

As usual, nothing has been set in stone yet, however some utterances from the past:

Door locks will actually work and keep anyone not authorized out. This is sort of in now in so far that if the ship is not unlocked people are not able to open the doors. Hopefully this will be expanded to include crew and people in your group.

Your ship may even have a start-up key code you need to input before you can do anything with it.

Stealing a ship will be a alibility, not a bonus. They will not despawn when you log off, so while you are away from keyboard the chances are high bounty hunters will find the bounty from Protlife and you'll be apprehended and not know it until you log in again.

That's all I remember, there may be more but you stop paying that much attention after the first five years.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
In regards to if it's supposed to be weighted toward criminal titheads, not in secure sectors like Stanton is supposed to be, no, hence why there is the prison. There will be lawless systems where anything goes and there will be pirate systems where the balance is in whatever faction that is running it's favour... But it's all still early days and nothing really works that well. There is only the one system and its full of the normals and the asshats and it's hard for a normal to be able to avoid an asshat right now.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
10 points to think of before spending to much time wasted on ideas that might be years of before a reality..

1. Before planning homestead, might it be a thing to have a couple of systems avail to pick from...
2. It's Alpha development... nothing is set in stone and a lot is planed.... where it end no one know now it is all speculation.
3. What home stead building or outpost building and land claim will look like is still just speculation BUT it is coming..
4. Did I say it's Alpha development...
5. What kind of Org base system and management we'll have is just speculation, BUT it is coming..
6. I think I mentioned it is Alpha development still and nothing is set in stone..
7. the feeling I am repeating my self a lot is strong.. 🤣
8. A lot a stuff is planed for the org and we have a lot a different sub groups for various tasks that one can join as one see fit or join them all.. they're all a part of TEST SQUADRON.
9. Let see i did mention Alpha.. right....
10. ... Patience is the key and keep a good spirit and play the game for what it is for the moment, some day it's good some not... all part of a Alpha..

🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻🍻🍻

And don't forget BEER is the answer.. 🍻🍻🍻 🤪

• Love
Reactions: vahadar and Vavrik

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You have those doctrines in some countries but remember this game has been backed by people of over 120 countries some of which don't have those laws.

As usual, nothing has been set in stone yet, however some utterances from the past:

Door locks will actually work and keep anyone not authorized out. This is sort of in now in so far that if the ship is not unlocked people are not able to open the doors. Hopefully this will be expanded to include crew and people in your group.

Your ship may even have a start-up key code you need to input before you can do anything with it.

Stealing a ship will be a alibility, not a bonus. They will not despawn when you log off, so while you are away from keyboard the chances are high bounty hunters will find the bounty from Protlife and you'll be apprehended and not know it until you log in again.

That's all I remember, there may be more but you stop paying that much attention after the first five years.
Sort of true. I know that there was this jump to the conclusion in regards to ships that are stolen not despawning a few years ago but they did come back and clarify that it was the ship would not despawn when the original owner logged out. As to the status of a stolen ship the last update was that they are still working on the details but some of the ideas was that the ship ownership would be transferred to the insurance company upon the original owner making an insurance claim against it and the insurance company would spawn bounty mission in an attempt to recover it. (The original owner could do the same before making an insurance claim).

Pirates claim on the ship would be temporary for as long as they were logged into the game (disapear upon the last player in the ship logging out) or the ship would not despawn even if the occupying players logged out. They continue to want the ability for pirates to be able to purchase transponders to change the ships registration number and thus take ownership of the stolen ship. These would cost a lot, require the correct rep but still be only a fraction of the original ships value. Thus allowing the pirate to own the ship and it would be treated like any other owned ship allowing insurance claims against it when destroyed. Of course the pirate can sell the ship to a fence or use the ship for pirate actives until its destroyed or abandoned.

None of this has been formally locked down nor even been brought up in Q&A since

As for Trespassing there was ideas they shared as to how to handle it.

I am still looking for the video where they were talking about ideas for handling trespassing. They talked about how they were going to allow captains to create rules as to who was allowed on the ship. That when the captain changed the rules how they would handle those who where no longer allowed would be treated as they don't want situations where you hired to be transported and the captain changed the rules so you where no longer allowed on the ship in the middle of no where with two terrible choices. But they also want to make sure that those defending their ships from trespassers would not incurring a crime stat.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

Right now, at the current state of the game thre is noting the actual ship owner can do once the skyjackers are on the ship if he is alone.
If there are some friends in the ship the best way to deal with it is to plan a long Q-Jump, starting inside an armistice zone and jumping toward a distant planet will usually bring you into a regioon of space where there is no comm-array network, at that point your friend can dispatch the annoing fly wothout conseguences.

If you fly solo the best defence right now is to pay attention to the surrounding, and don't let unknow player near your ship, not even if it's closed (even less if you have a ramp or an elevator down).

In the future the ability to lock doors and assign access right will help preventing thief to steal yoour ship, and eventualy an authorisation system will came into play that allow you to declare some player as traspasser and get rid of them. CIG actually mention this in some Q&A about the BMM and the Kraken Privaterr that have shops inside the ship.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
pffffft.... skyjackers inside an armistice zone.... easy to fix..

You make sure the ship is locked that prevent them from leaving the ship... Then...

Put ship to full cruise out of armistice zone and a.s.a.p. you see the message leaving armistice zone you activate self destruct and suicide.

The skyjackers get a bang of a ride and you just respawn and then either spawn a new ship reclaim the lost ship.. carry on.

Bet ja they will think twice boarding anyone random any time soon after that.. ha ha ha....

🍻 🤣 😂 🍻

Forgot your password?