If you pre-order Star Wars Squadrons....

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
Same for Squadrons! Maybe its a good game, maybe its not, but drink some vodka before, then put on your VR, its going to be great!
Yeah, I will preorder it for the VR. I'm still using my original Oculus headset. How's that new Oculus Quest headset working out?. Can you tether it to your PC for games now?

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Yeah, I will preorder it for the VR. I'm still using my original Oculus headset. How's that new Oculus Quest headset working out?. Can you tether it to your PC for games now?
I now have two of them.

There was a recent update that allows you to use your charging cable that came in the box as the link to your PC for VR.

Previously you needed a high speed USB3 friendly cable.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Pleased I didn't pre-order now - Minimum system specs show my old processor is too ancient to run it. $40 is okay price but $740 for the PC upgrade to go with it isn't on the cards.

Minimum (non-VR)

Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 1300X
Processor (Intel): Intel i5-6600K (Was Intel i5-7600)
Memory: 8GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or Equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 660 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11.1 (Was 11)
Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard Drive Space: 40GB (Was 30GB)

If I had pre ordered before being able to see the specs, or if the specs change later on putting it outside of your build, do you have the right to cancel for a refund or is that it?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Pleased I didn't pre-order now - Minimum system specs show my old processor is too ancient to run it. $40 is okay price but $740 for the PC upgrade to go with it isn't on the cards.

Minimum (non-VR)

Processor (AMD): Ryzen 3 1300X
Processor (Intel): Intel i5-6600K (Was Intel i5-7600)
Memory: 8GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 7850 or Equivalent
Graphics Card (Nvidia): GeForce GTX 660 or Equivalent
DirectX: 11.1 (Was 11)
Multiplayer Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard Drive Space: 40GB (Was 30GB)

If I had pre ordered before being able to see the specs, or if the specs change later on putting it outside of your build, do you have the right to cancel for a refund or is that it?
I'd guess since its a pre-order, you are allowed to cancel any time before the game is out?
Btw, I wouldn't sweat the specs. If you have at least an old i5 I'd bet it runs just fine with a good enough graphics card and enough ram.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd guess since its a pre-order, you are allowed to cancel any time before the game is out?
Btw, I wouldn't sweat the specs. If you have at least an old i5 I'd bet it runs just fine with a good enough graphics card and enough ram.
FX8350 because it was 70 quid which was the most affordable 4ghz processor I could find at the time and probably the strongest that still ran DDR3 RAM :)

My thinking is if I can still run SC at 30fps I'm still able to do most things but when I'm looking for an excuse not to spend $40 I'll latch on to a lot of nonsense :-D

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
FX8350 because it was 70 quid which was the most affordable 4ghz processor I could find at the time and probably the strongest that still ran DDR3 RAM :)

My thinking is if I can still run SC at 30fps I'm still able to do most things but when I'm looking for an excuse not to spend $40 I'll latch on to a lot of nonsense :-D
The 8350 should be more than capable of handling this game based on the specs you listed as long as you've got at least as much RAM & a video card that's as good or better. Most video cards purchased after 2014 should cover that portion & SC isn't playable all that well with less than 16gb of RAM.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Am I the only one not hyped for this? It seems to be Overwatch online, 5v5 dogfighting, 5v5 fleet battles and most likely a very short and linear story line. There are 8 ships, basic customization and a seemingly very repetitive 5v5 mechanic, don't get me wrong, I had fun in Overwatch for a few months but that was it, it got old quick lol. I guess 5v5 games just don't do it for me, if this had been 32v32 or something on a larger scale I would have been more interested.

c0sign

Commander
Donor
May 1, 2020
RSI Handle
c0sign
After Anthem, will never pre-order another EA published game again.
Well Technically Star Citizen is a Pre-Order, lol.....but same boat, after countless games that went no where or just plane sucked, ill never preorder a game again. I really want to try Amazons "New World" but afraid to throw that money away.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I will steer clear of this one, I have a feeling this game will be short lived, if you are a 5v5 person who is all about competitive gameplay then ya this is right up your alley, outside of that it doesn't have much appeal to the mainstream, but then again 5v5 stuff is pretty big in the Esports scene so who knows.

That being said I just finished Ghosts of Tsushima and for me this was the best story driven action game I have played since RDR2, the stories were exceptional, the combat was fun, the graphics were really good I really enjoyed it and could not put it down after I started playing it, I almost completed every single side quest and for me that is a real challenge, if you are looking for something to play right now Ghost of Tsushima is a great game, I rank it up there with RDR2 and Assassins Odyssey.

Forgot your password?