I'm downloading 3.6 anyone else?

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
Yup, that's huge, I guess I won't be playing it until after work tomorrow. There should only be about 3822 more updates between now and then.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
I'll wait for the PU, I don't have two days to wait for that chunk of game to download :)
There's a trick for that someone told me. I'm sure someone is this thread does it and can explain it better. You rename the PU folder to be the PTU folder, and the launcher only pulls the files it needs instead of the whole thing.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
There's a trick for that someone told me. I'm sure someone is this thread does it and can explain it better. You rename the PU folder to be the PTU folder, and the launcher only pulls the files it needs instead of the whole thing.
Yep

Just copy your "LIVE" folder, paste it in the same directly and rename it "PTU".

So Program files > Robert Space Industries > Star Citizen > LIVE will now also have a
Program files > Robert Space Industries > Star Citizen > PTU folder in it.

The launcher then checks your PTU folder, sees that 5gb of files are not there and patches 5gb instead of 60gb

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
Surprisingly stable except for the quantum bug being back (you need to spool before pointing at the jump). Hover mode needs a lot of work, it seems worse on ships with VTOL.

Forgot your password?