Piracy [In-Game Occupation] Let's raise the Black Flag! (TEST Piracy)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Which one of you salty dogs picked up a Dragonfly (or Cat!) while it's on sale?

I got 3 to fit in my Cat, so feel free to tag along and be a great distract- I mean valuable team member.
I got the combo pack. And a shit ton of extra DFs that I melt and rebuy. Ya know, just in case. Also, a Bucky. :)

Reactions: Grimbli

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

I got 3 to fit in my Cat, so feel free to tag along and be a great distract- I mean valuable team member.
That being said, YES YES YES, OH EM GEE. I'd LOVE to be a valuable member of your team!
To ride one of your dragonflies into glory! Le sigh. That's a dream come true.

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
after much deliberation and bank account checking i decided to put the combo pack on my credit card. but i resisted getting the third dragonfly. Instead i stole the third from some industry types during a certain summit.. Rigged Raffles FTW! :p

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
And I'm Canadian. So there's a lot of "sorry".
Sorry I shot you. Sorry I took your cargo. Sorry you're an enemy. Sorry.
Oh good, you can apologize for me as well.
Maybe they'll think you robbed them while I'm 2 systems away!

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
after much deliberation and bank account checking i decided to put the combo pack on my credit card. but i resisted getting the third dragonfly. Instead i stole the third from some industry types during a certain summit.. Rigged Raffles FTW! :p
Score!

Reactions: Grimbli

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Did they just ask Black or Yellow?!? Me thinks Drake has a TEST memebers on their marketing team!

Also swore I wouldn't buy another one until the Corvette came out... But I could probably put one of two of these in the corvette ...

Last edited:

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Cat's got what, 4 modules + the front? That's at least 12 right there!

TO VALHALLA WE RIDE!
That's actually pretty awesome! A single TEST Swarm-CAT can unleash a team of 24 armed boarders after a victim's ship. That is a LOT of firepower to come down on a standard crew.

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
now imagine that, plus a couple bucs for Close Support/Disabling the enemy, and a cutlass with a full boarding crew. and my second cat with empty cargo bays so that the dragonflies don't get left behind ;)

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan

I am tempted, I really am. But I don't know if the Cat would be better than the Carrack as a c&c vessel.

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
I am tempted, I really am. But I don't know if the Cat would be better than the Carrack as a c&c vessel.
Well, the carrack is more research/exploration than C&C, and until we see what modules the cat will have, its hard to say if it will have C&C abilities. But given the "Mini-Carrier" role they have said it can have, i would say its a safe bet to expect both C&C, and exploration, and possible even living quarters modules for the cat. Not to mention, the Cat's Command Center can detach from the ship itself and fly on its own power.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Could always get a Cat now, and then upgrade it to the Carrack later.

Caterpillar will be flight ready oodles of time before the Carrack, so plenty of time to get a Cat, give it a whirl in game, and then decide later when the Carrack gets some more love.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Cat's got what, 4 modules + the front? That's at least 12 right there!

TO VALHALLA WE RIDE!
Shiny and Chrome! WITNESS!!
That's actually pretty awesome! A single TEST Swarm-CAT can unleash a team of 24 armed boarders after a victim's ship. That is a LOT of firepower to come down on a standard crew.
now imagine that, plus a couple bucs for Close Support/Disabling the enemy, and a cutlass with a full boarding crew. and my second cat with empty cargo bays so that the dragonflies don't get left behind ;)
This has made my pants tight and my heart beat with a rejuvenating vigour.

This is what I'm talking about. This is beautiful

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Could always get a Cat now, and then upgrade it to the Carrack later.

Caterpillar will be flight ready oodles of time before the Carrack, so plenty of time to get a Cat, give it a whirl in game, and then decide later when the Carrack gets some more love.
Wisdom.

Forgot your password?