Piracy [In-Game Occupation] Let's raise the Black Flag! (TEST Piracy)

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
I don't really think "TEST Piracy" is really going to stick together as one huge mega-blob. Makes a lot more sense if we break up into smaller squadrons so we can cover more ground.
On top of that large groups can be hard to organize and tend to die due to drama. Mega blob aside, I do not think monsters idea of having a central base/area is a bad idea, I actually think it is a very good idea but considering the size and scope of this group it seems likely that we will be operating independently from a number of locations and have many small hubs of operation. I like this because if one group falls apart, for whatever reason, there will likely be another ready to take its place. This way we can literally be the roaches of the galaxy!!!!!!

50fluffykittens

Lieutenant
Jan 17, 2016
RSI Handle
kittykiller
Well if there's any pirating to be done around here count me in. I do like the idea of breaking off into smaller groups, harder to catch that way imo.

Mirax Arneau

Commander
Donor
Dec 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Mirax-Arneau
Whilest i have no personal inclination towards piratical activities... when i see anything that looks like a particularly juicy target for any Testie-related piratical activity, then I shall most definitely mention it.

eUlb

Lieutenant
Jan 25, 2016
RSI Handle
eUlb
I don't know if many people are ready to say they are going full pirate yet. There are not too many details about what we can expect in that career path. Some games really screw their pirates, giving them all the infamy without any benefits. From what I can tell there is a social system to this game so we do know us pirates will likely become kos in high sec space, so, its not the best occupation for those of us who want to trade.
It would be good to know what resources pirates will have accessible to them. For instance what can we expect from the pirate asteroid bases, will they all be player controlled, thus putting us in the hands of the more powerful pirate orgs, or will there be npc bases allowing for smaller more independent pirate crews . . . . ?
I plan on making my money through exploration and pirating so I plan on spending the majority of my game time in low sec space on both of my charters, so one way or another I am all in.
If it comes down to it I will aid any TEST PAL with out question! I may want to be a doctor, it does not mean I cant give my pirate pals a large discount xP

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
If it comes down to it I will aid any TEST PAL with out question! I may want to be a doctor, it does not mean I cant give my pirate pals a large discount xP
We will pay you in stolen medical supplies, bootleg rum, & enemy spare organs!
Maybe even a 'strategically acquired' Endevor ;)

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
I am planning on running at least a couple characters under the black flag. The bmm for smuggling. The redeemer for butt hurt report fun. Possibly the reclaimer for more of the same. Looking forward to seeing interdiction mechanics soon(Tm).

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I plan on doing my pirating in a Reclaimer!

What's that? Went inside to turn on the comma relay? Looks like an abandoned Aurora. Better scrap it!

Good salvagers know where to find scrap.
Great salvagers know how to find scrap.
The best salvagers know to make their own scrap!

Which is why I'm happy the Reclaimer has mounts for capitol weapons!

Reactions: Jhonon1

BeerMonster

Commander
Dec 2, 2015
RSI Handle
BeerMonster
Yharagh shiver me timbers!

Have any of us swash buckling Buccaneers put together a standard operating procedures for Test piracy operations?

The genral consensus is that we don't want to operate as a blob. That's fair enough because trying to manage a large group of players is not easy. Especially if key members are not present to manage the horde.

I would like to start getting some ideas and input from you guys about how you would like to see our roaming partys take place?

Things like fleet composition, intelligence gathering, target selection, ambush tactics, boarding tactics, contingency plans, loot division etc.

The goal would be that we create a clear mandiate, with our standard operating procedures streamlined for players wishing to take part on raids.

That way if one group is finished for the evening due to the commander taking a break, the rest of of the group can easily transition into other squads.

By having standardised squad tactics throughout our ranks, it will make it easier to interchange members or merge squads for larger operations if necessary.

Let me know what you guys think?

Last edited:

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I'm thinking... I like to be a pirate sometimes... if the pirate interceptor is a Drake ship and it is between 50/80$ count me in.... not as a full pirate but, I don't know, sometimes I like to kill, but just sometimes. Most of the time I'm a good guy :)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
They have said you can use any ship as a pirate ship. Some are just built with that in mind. You could totally put those huge guns of a Freelancer to work and demand people hand over cargo...and boom, you've got plenty of cargo space. ;)

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
but I whant a drake cheap pirate interceptor. Not going to marck my other thips as pirate ship.....

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
The goal would be that we create a clear mandate, with our standard operating procedures streamlined for players wishing to take part on raids
You ever see Black Sails, awesome show btw. There the pirates did what they wanted but were regulated by the woman who controlled Nassau's economy. The way I understand the concept of this all, is that you do what you want cuz a pirate is FREE!!!!!. How that works for standard operating procedure =/
I think every group will have their own dynamics and procedures. Globally I believe the only rule we have agreed on is don't shoot other testies. How that will work in the verse . . . again =/

But I do see what you are getting at. If we are roaming as separate crews in their own little clicks with their own separate identities how long will it be until the space blood starts floating!!!! While I think that would be glorious, not everyone is probably down with that. I am hoping that we will be able to create some type of economic incentive to get people working together more or less. But primarily I am waiting to see what type of mechanics will be put in the game before I start telling people my spacey dreams of a pals pirate empire.

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
I think if we're going to standardize on any one thing, it should be, without a doubt:

HONOR ANY AND EVERY RANSOME.

We are pirates. We pirate because it is free. But we also pirate to survive. And you cannot survive if your source of life is continually blown out of the sky, or blows themselves out of the sky out of spite, because you did not honor a ransom. "But that's not what a pirate would do!" yes, but we are in a video game. The players you interact with are going to talk about this interaction with other people. You want to make CERTAIN that the interaction is as good as it possibly can be, for everyone involved.

Think about your pirate brothers and sisters. Ransom, and be honorable about it.

BeerMonster

Commander
Dec 2, 2015
RSI Handle
BeerMonster
@Mettan

Yeah iv seen black sails alrite. Awsome show.... Sexist black beard ever :D

I come from a background of competitive gaming and have plenty of leadership experience. I play everything from MMOs, FPS, strategy and Surivial games.

If there is anything that I have learned over the years it's the value of having strong players to watch your back.

It doesn't matter how skilled you are as an individual, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

It's true the very definition of being a pirate is having the freedom to make your own choices and play as you want.

However winning is always more fun than being on the losing side. Especially when permadeath and ship destruction is concerned.

Im not expecting everyone to take Piracy as seriously as I do. I will most likely have my own regular crew that share my lust for battle and passion for Victory.

However, I still think their should be a "pirate code" that we all follow... even if only at a very basic level.

Us pirates will be hated amongst the vast majority of the community. When the bullets start flying and our enemy's come looking for our blood the only people we can rely upon are each other.

Being a large organisation gives us an advantage over our enemy's. However that advantage can only be utilised if we have some form of cohesion within our ranks.

Things like a rogue group of pirates not honoring ransoms could paint us all with the Same brush. Same as having one group smack talking after winning.

Unfair division of loot despite the sacrifice of others to achieve those goals can cause divisions or feuds.

In the the words of the great Captain Barborosa "the Pirate code is more like.... A Guideline"

This is very true, but we should have them there anyway to avoid disputes within our ranks and unity in times of hardship.

Just my 2 cents

Serious Table

Admiral
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Serious_Table
@Mettan
I come from a background of competitive gaming and have plenty of leadership experience. I play everything from MMOs, FPS, strategy and Surivial games.

If there is anything that I have learned over the years it's the value of having strong players to watch your back.
Well...now I'm stressing out about being a good pilot.

Hey, do we have a drunk pilot dogfighting school?

Forgot your password?