Piracy [In-Game Occupation] Let's raise the Black Flag! (TEST Piracy)

JackRaven

Lieutenant
Feb 3, 2016
RSI Handle
JackRaven
Sooo after reading through some of the posts, with meh blurry vision, I figured I'm gonna tell yee what I'd like to do about the said pirating activity. Say one JackRaven may or may not get involved in said vile acts, but if he may, he would probably make some sort of tactical acts of procuring very crucial goods that would aid in the noble purpose of offering stability and freedom to a certain, less secure, but very transited area of space. The previously mentioned gentleman would then proceed with expanding the population of said unsecure area using the very legitimate items that he may or may not have procured from other, generous gentlemen that happened to be passing by, share them with the fellow people of the crew, valiantly involved in keeping the peace and freedom of this said sector, while honorably and rightfully collecting a small, well earned income from these passers by, for all the hard work and dedication involved in protecting and expanding the lovely, peaceful sector.

I believe this would be a lovely way of maintaining happy spirits and a cargo hold full of rum at the same time. And in our hour of need, we may or may not, sometimes, go to other seconds in order to procure some more, well deserved and very crucial goods that our souls might desire, all in a very fair and fashionable manner, we're all gentlemen, are we not?

What I'm saying is, I'd like our own Tortuga and area of influence, not defined by the game or other ppl, but by us, the ones that are truly free, savvy?

hairball4u

Captain
Feb 26, 2016
RSI Handle
hairball4u
A little late to the party... but ready to fly the flag (either the black or the pink fluffy unicorn one). Monster and others have made a lot of good points through the thread. To be successful, we will need to establish guidelines and protocols. Standardizing tactics and methods across the fleet will assure easier time when transferring between different squads.

Remember - just because we're drunk, fun-loving pirates, doesn't mean that we are unorganizied and don't have strategies established. Looking forward to drinking and pillaging with you fine folks.

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
I would like to see how the auto crew pay thing works in game. It would be good to know if I could rely on that thing to pay you folks or if I would have to put up with some union BS =(

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I would like to see how the auto crew pay thing works in game. It would be good to know if I could rely on that thing to pay you folks or if I would have to put up with some union BS =(
Yeah, that's going to be a point of contention for some people. Hopefully CIG will put in a contract/job board system where it will automatically divvy up the loot/payout after you get back from a successful raid.

If not it will be a bit of a pain in the ass, but I'm sure we'll all manage.

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
Yeah, that's going to be a point of contention for some people. Hopefully CIG will put in a contract/job board system where it will automatically divvy up the loot/payout after you get back from a successful raid.

If not it will be a bit of a pain in the ass, but I'm sure we'll all manage.
That's very egalitarian! The way it worked back in the day was the crew got their wage and the captain/investors got the spoils. I gotta small fleet to upkeep man, I got to pay my laborers as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!!!! . . . that's not true, I will give you benefits, lots of bandits, shore leave, drunken shore leave, hanging out with the pirate chicks shore leave, so sign up with me and be a meat shield =D

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
That's very egalitarian! The way it worked back in the day was the crew got their wage and the captain/investors got the spoils. I gotta small fleet to upkeep man, I got to pay my laborers as LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!!!! . . . that's not true, I will give you benefits, lots of bandits, shore leave, drunken shore leave, hanging out with the pirate chicks shore leave, so sign up with me and be a meat shield =D
Ha!
[THEORYCRAFTING]
For my own personal band of merry men, I'm probably going to be running a slightly modified version of Ye Olde Pyrates Code, namely loot sharing.

From "A General History of the Pyrates", Charles Johnson, 1724:

"The Captain and Quartermaster to receive two shares of a prize: the master, boatswain, and gunner, one share and a half, and other officers one and quarter."

So for my personal clan/group/whatever you want to call it would probably be something like this:
"The Captain (Organizer of the raid) and Commander (person calling the shots in actual battle) will receive 2 shares of loot, individual ship owners one share and a half (since you have to repair/rearm out of pocket), and all others (gunners, RIO, boarders, etc etc) one share."

This way everyone gets a slice of the pie, and you get rewarded for organizing a raid and/or calling the shots on target selection. Loot can probably be your choice of raw cargo/salvage, or UEC (with a minor hit from likely selling to a middleman) from the cargo and selling the wreck locations to TEST salvage people.

[/THEORYCRAFTING]

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Yeah for everyone else there will probably be a simple app on your HUD that takes care of it.
For pirates... Well we will have to probably do some things manually since sale of goods won't be instant or necisarily in one large lump sum.

But I second @AntiSqueaker theorycrafting. If you don't pay your PALS then you're not going to have a good time.

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
But I second @AntiSqueaker theorycrafting. If you don't pay your PALS then you're not going to have a good time.
Fine! Be that way! Raptor Khan and AntiSqueaker for the little people, I will pay you! even though it will make me cry you can have a piece of the Mettan pie. All my ships have lti anyway, so why pay for repairs when I can just crash them and get new ones. More money for you.

Last edited:

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
@Mettan hopefully we just pulled off an amazing hiest and have a ADI/Explor Hull E full of stuff and you're so drunk on victory/rum that you throw fistfuls of UEC at your gunners and crew members!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Fine! Be that way! Raptor Khan and AntiSqueaker for the little people, I will pay you! even though it will make me cry you can have a piece of the Mettan pie. All my ships have lti anyway. Why pay for repairs when I can just crash them and get new ones. Moey money for you.
In case you didn't know they have said you'll get your base hull back in its current state.

So I'm thinking "destroyed" I'd a state you'll need to repair when you get it back from insurance.

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
lmao, i tried to copy his facial expression and i think i broke something in my head o_O

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Good news for you scallywags that own Caterpillars.

Cat is currently being whiteboxed, so it should be one of the next hangar/flight ready ships. CIG has also mentioned that the Cat being done will set up the new Drake ship pipeline and drastically speed up the production rate of the Cutlass rework (when they start it), Herald, Dragonfly, and Buccaneer. Looks like Drake is finally getting our spot in the limelight.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm sorry for not reading the last 26 pages in this thread but as a pirate, I am known for my shifty, lazy, mannerless demeanor and don't intend to pretend to be nice as I drool out the corner of my mouth. Just some thoughts for people who don't mind repeating themselves:

--Unless Test wants to wear all the repercussions of supporting a pirate population, we probably can't include "Test" in any pirate org's name. Test will need some sort to plausible deniability. "PALS" is cool as can be. I love it.

--Stealing ships is cooler than steal loot, but CIG can't allow us to melt stollen ships since insurance replaces them and this would create a huge exploit that takes money direct out of CIG's pocket. So the best one can likely hope for with pirate booty is the ship itself and it will need to remain in other than UEE space. Finding uses for pirated ships could become as much work as stealing them, but it could be as much fun too. Who doesn't want an entire fleet of Vanguards and Superhornets to fly on TEST special events against dread targets like the Vanduul and other orgs who claimed however errantly that they were cool? Pirating should provide a way to stockpile stollen assets for special use in the future.

--Taking down ships with a Suckerpunch is looking for trouble. Taking down ships with 6 Suckerpunches is better. Taking down ships with an EMP Generator is smart, and requires teamwork since the player(s) bursting also go dead need to call in players who are not stunned. IMHO, the EMP Generator is the best method for pirating, but you want teamwork for that, which is just as it should be.

--Pirates need to drool, limp and drag a foot as they walk. We should request special emotes to use as a secret handshake. Shoulder parrots should remain optional. Eye patches a sign of distinction. Missing limbs enabled as honorary awards for mass piratey sorts of success.

Forgot your password?