Interest in participating in inter-org dogfighting competitions?

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
There's this group calling themselves the "Star Citizen Competitive Combat Club" which consists of several major competitive Star Citizen organizations (such as Angels of the Warp, Renegade Squadron, Aces High, Eleventh Hour, Legacy Fleet and others) and they have already organized four major inter-org competitions, one of which our very own @Myre and @Farasalt had served as commentators on.

However, in all four of these competitions, TEST hasn't fielded a single team and that should probably change. If you're interested in participating, just join the SCCCC (lots of Cs) Discord and ask the officials there for a TEST role, and /nick a TEST tag to your name. I'm not sure when the next competition will be, but I'm hoping we'll be fielding a team for the next one.

Drop a note if you're interested and joined the server. We should use this thread to coordinate teams and possibly practices in the future.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I'm not very good with combat but I'd love to watch. I've done/am doing trophies for some of the community event tournaments. If something big gets off the ground, I'd be happy to donate something for the winner(s).

COOL! i might have to actually try at something now..... damn you ricemaiden making me do stuff

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I would probably like to join something like this every now and then it would be cool with some friendly competitions, events like this is a great idea but this is carried out poorly and in the wrong way IMO...

See there is just one little problem with competition invites/recruiting's like this with the [NICK TAG] change,

I will never change my name, nick or handle for any one or anything I change my nick, name or handle be cause I want to and not be cause it is requirement and if it is a requirement I always back of and and politely say thank you for asking but no thank you I am not interested.

Why would I be so stubborn about that, well it got to do with respect and accepting people for who they are and how they are, that it is people that want to change things on you before they let you in to their realm soon start to have other requirements on you to change other stuff too and I prefer to put my time with people that like me as I am and respect me for who I am people who want you to change stuff first thing they do does not respect this and hence I am not interested.

Am I nitpicking really no I am not and their nick change requirement is just so it will be easier for them to keep people in respective selected groups and if they can't manage to hold a competition without forcing up a nick change to people to joint their competition in my opinion I think it sucks and I wouldn't trust them to keep the scoring right either!

I am sorry for being so straight forward and not rose peddle my answer but, I am always straight forward when requirements come to a very personnel level and IMO a name, nick or handle is a very personnel thing ans should never be in question for any reason unless it is a pure straight up offensive name, nick or handle but that is totally different and another matter.

So if this [NICK TAG] thing is not so important to them, then I might be interested in participating in this little escapade defending the TEST colors..
:beers: :beers:

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm not very good with combat but I'd love to watch. I've done/am doing trophies for some of the community event tournaments. If something big gets off the ground, I'd be happy to donate something for the winner(s).

That is just AWESOME :D

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
I would probably like to join something like this every now and then it would be cool with some friendly competitions, events like this is a great idea but this is carried out poorly and in the wrong way IMO...

See there is just one little problem with competition invites/recruiting's like this with the [NICK TAG] change,

I will never change my name, nick or handle for any one or anything I change my nick, name or handle be cause I want to and not be cause it is requirement and if it is a requirement I always back of and and politely say thank you for asking but no thank you I am not interested.

Why would I be so stubborn about that, well it got to do with respect and accepting people for who they are and how they are, that it is people that want to change things on you before they let you in to their realm soon start to have other requirements on you to change other stuff too and I prefer to put my time with people that like me as I am and respect me for who I am people who want you to change stuff first thing they do does not respect this and hence I am not interested.

Am I nitpicking really no I am not and their nick change requirement is just so it will be easier for them to keep people in respective selected groups and if they can't manage to hold a competition without forcing up a nick change to people to joint their competition in my opinion I think it sucks and I wouldn't trust them to keep the scoring right either!

I am sorry for being so straight forward and not rose peddle my answer but, I am always straight forward when requirements come to a very personnel level and IMO a name, nick or handle is a very personnel thing ans should never be in question for any reason unless it is a pure straight up offensive name, nick or handle but that is totally different and another matter.

So if this [NICK TAG] thing is not so important to them, then I might be interested in participating in this little escapade defending the TEST colors..

this tag is only in the sccc server. you ll get a test tag. dont you want to represent test n a competition?

Reactions: StdDev

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
this tag is only in the sccc server. you ll get a test tag. dont you want to represent test n a competition?

My name, nick or handle have nothing to do if I want to represent TEST or defend it's colors that is just pure bullshit!
My name, nick and handle represent me and me alone then that I am a very proud TEST SQUADRON member that should be enough.

If I get a TEST tag or our icon our fine TEST SQUADRON logo in front of my name fine that would be awesome but a TEST tag in my name not so much!

As in if the server add it in front of the name automatically so it is actually not in your name that's ok IMO.
But have to change the name itself is not okay IMO and that have nothing to do with patriotism.

Last edited:

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented

It's not a modification to your name, just a tag in front, like so:

However, if you do not wish to append TEST to your name, no worries. Just ask to be assigned the role of Test when you enter the server so your name is displayed in the appropriate color and area.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
It's not a modification to your name, just a tag in front, like so:

However, if you do not wish to append TEST to your name, no worries. Just ask to be assigned the role of Test when you enter the server so your name is displayed in the appropriate color and area.

Well that's just it, if you have to enter your setting and change it is a modification of your name and that I am not okay with,

but as I said if it is added in front of name when you are assigned or join in a the group you belong then it is not a modification of your name just a title and that I am okay with.

And shore if it's okay with them that I am assigned to TEST group with my name as it is, it is indeed interesting,
I have to look in to this defending the TEST honor I'm all for it cheers :beers:

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
i dunno michangel, but to me this looks a bit too much upset, just because youll get a tag on a discord server that represents test in a competition.

a tag must be mandatory, cause there are many other good players from other corps there.

patriotism is good, but the real evidence, you can represent test in a competition on such a server, you need more.

we dont need to be the best ones, i think for example the guys from renegade squadron train regulary arena commander. we only train PU. there are different rules you play there, i think everyone knows.

so the first thing you comply is to accept rules you maybe dont like so much.

and loosing in a competition makes also a bad mood often, so be prepared for this.

i dunno if im myself eleiglable (difficult word) for this, i just want to have a relaxed gameplay.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Marcel Busse

Space Marshal
Sep 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Warhawk_29
what i understand in this inter organization chat is that we cannot shitpost, or act like we do here in general chat or discord.

i think there are many powerful corps in that discord server, and we need to pick or ppl there, in order not to make more enemies.

my suggestion would be to have first a pm chat to montoya first and make a clearance.

he represents Test from his inner core and can talk to the ppl or decide himself wether to join or not to join that discord server.

this is rather a diplomatic excursion, and i really did nothing until now in this chat.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
i dunno michangel, but to me this looks a bit too much upset, just because youll get a tag on a discord server that represents test in a competition.

a tag must be mandatory, cause there are many other good players from other corps there.

patriotism is good, but the real evidence, you can represent test in a competition on such a server, you need more.

we dont need to be the best ones, i think for example the guys from renegade squadron train regulary arena commander. we only train PU. there are different rules you play there, i think everyone knows.

so the first thing you comply is to accept rules you maybe dont like so much.

and loosing in a competition makes also a bad mood often, so be prepared for this.

i dunno if im myself eleiglable (difficult word) for this, i just want to have a relaxed gameplay.
Well I am not upset at all not one bit, :grinning: and my name is Mich Angel thank you :grinning:
I just take my integrity serious and I respect others to do so too and a name, nick or handle is a part of a persons integrity.
And rules or behavior that infringe any ones integrity or privacy shall at all time always be fought back on.

If anything is mandatory and you chose to participate then you simply follow the rules or withdraw your participation.

And for this there is no problem participating without a tag and a tag is not mandatory,
if it was mandatory then I am not interested and you would loose a good loyal player IMO that is stupid choice to make.

Patriotism come from loyalty, participation and not from a exterior branding that only show your colors and tell others where you belong that is cultism and that got nothing to do with patriotism.

I do not get bad modes from loosing.

I get encourage to try harder if I loose.

I never rage quit for it is just a game and that solve nothing.

I am a always good sportsman and give credit and encouragement to anyone that win in a competition no matter their status toward me.
Only exception to that is, if you cheat then I will come down on you hard.

Loosing is good for you, if you never loose you do not evolve and you should take it as a lesson learned if you loose that you are not as good as you think you are. If you don't like it when you loose then maybe it's best not to participate.

And outside TEST walls in public or online in other private or public servers you should always have your best behavior and not draw shame over the org, use common sense it is really not that difficult.
:blush:

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers:

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcel Busse
Forgot your password?