Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2950 Megathread - Its Done

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Dear New Babbage Traffic Control.

I recently experienced an unfortunate misunderstanding with your team, where I was directed by yourselves on to the roof of your spaceport, resulting in a trespassing charge and a Level 1 crime-stat against myself and an unfortunate and very painful fall from the top of the building you yourselves directed me to be on top of.

Awaking from my fall, I was disappointed to find the medical team appears to have had a sense of humor, as they had not relocated my unconscious body back to my luxury Hab in New Babbage as is the usual convention in such circumstances - instead they had carted me half way across the system and deposited me into one of GrimHex's finest domiciles, and still with a crime stat that you yourselves had directed me to have.

I immediately traveled over to Security Station Kareah to clear up this confusion, only to find an air filtration system issue meant there station was empty with no one there to help, and I didn't have a security pass to remedy this on their terminals myself.

Upon leaving, a Crusader Security Representative approached me with some Tigerstreak gunfire, apparently assuming I was on the way in to hack the abandoned systems. To say the misunderstandings were racking up was an understatement. My attempts to explain were useless, so I attempted to disable their engines to allow some time to talk, only to draw the attention of reinforcements who proceeded to destroy my ship and add another two levels to my crime stat.

Having awoken from a second bout of unconsciousness in less than 30 minutes, I found myself in the Klescher correctional facility on Hurston. Unfortunately due to the low gravity on that moon, I overestimated how far I could jump and fell to my death off gantries three times in a row. This put my sentence from an initial 1 hour and 30 minutes to a regrettable 3 hours as treating my injuries incurred medical costs which were going to have to be paid for somehow. I offered to pay with UEC but was accused of attempted bribery and was informed in a correctional facility, you can pay with time, or labor.

Having been unconscious five times in a row, I was determined to not need the assistance of medics again and instead set to work in the mines, bringing my total time inconvenienced to a mere two hours.

Having read my account I am sure you are no doubt aware that this was of some great frustration to myself, and I would like to know how you intend to recoup me for the costs in fuel and a destroyed ship, and apologize for the inconvenience caused?

Kind Regards,
NaffNaffBobFace.

I would like to draw your attention to the message I sent dated 1st December 2950 (SOL 3 calendar, copy of original message attached).

I believe myself to be a reasonable man, however having waited almost two working weeks for response I am starting to believe that either you did not receive my previous contact - or have ignored it.

Although I am still willing to believe my unfortunate expiriance atop your spaceport was an innocent mistake, the longer it goes on without response and discussion on how to you intend to put this right, the more I am inclined to believe your guidance which put me in harms way (and the further mishaps which followed resulting in my visit to Kelscher correctional institution) was not the result of confusion or negligence, but was instead intentional, being at best a prank and at worst premeditated maliciousness in the extreme.

Please respond as soon as convenient so I can be rest assured this unfortunate incident was indeed a matter of simple mistake rather than an attempt to do physical harm to me and sully my good name. I look forward to your response and our being able to open a dialogue on this matter.

Regards,
NaffNaffBobFace.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

I would like to draw your attention to the message I sent dated 1st December 2950 (SOL 3 calendar, copy of original message attached).

I believe myself to be a reasonable man, however having waited almost two working weeks for response I am starting to believe that either you did not receive my previous contact - or have ignored it.

Although I am still willing to believe my unfortunate expiriance atop your spaceport was an innocent mistake, the longer it goes on without response and discussion on how to you intend to put this right, the more I am inclined to believe your guidance which put me in harms way (and the further mishaps which followed resulting in my visit to Kelscher correctional institution) was not the result of confusion or negligence, but was instead intentional, being at best a prank and at worst premeditated maliciousness in the extreme.

Please respond as soon as convenient so I can be rest assured this unfortunate incident was indeed a matter of simple mistake rather than an attempt to do physical harm to me and sully my good name. I look forward to your response and our being able to open a dialogue on this matter.

Regards,
NaffNaffBobFace.
To whom it may concern, New Babbage Traffic Control.

Please see my previous attempt at contacting you on December 12th 2950 (SOL 3 calendar, copy of message attached) and my message sent prior to that on December 1st (SOL 3 calendar).

I am disappointed to see despite my giving your organization a generous ten additional days to reply by prompting with a second attempt to speak to you, once again my good will in reaching out to clear this up has fallen on deaf ears.

You have left me with no choice but to take this matter beyond just ourselves.

I have sent a complaint directly to the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo outlining the heinous treatment I experienced using your services, and your following refusal to discuss the matter - I have recommended that they seriously reconsider using your expo hall in future for their prestigious event, and although I cannot deny your facilities are excellent, your administration, diligence and malicious streak leave much to be desired when it comes to patrons comfort and safety.

I, however, am willing to retract my complaint with the IAE if you would be so good as to respond and open discussions on how you would like to apologize for the distress, inconvenience and the physical, reputational and monetary damage you have put me to.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
NaffNaffBobFace.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
To: New Babbage Traffic Control.

RE: Thought I'd given up?

Please see my previous attempts at contacting you on December 1st through to December 22nd 2950 (SOL 3 calendar, copies of messages attached).

Oh, very clever!

While my complaint of your malicious actions and persecution toward myself sits with the administration and review board of the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo, you sneak the Invictus event in on behalf of none other than the actual Empire right under my nose!

Thought I wouldn't notice the UEE Navys premier recruitment drive occurring at your convention hall only a mere half a SOL 3 calendar year after our unfortunate encounter I wager?! Yes, thinking about it logically Invictus has always followed in the footsteps of the popular IAE so I suppose I should have seen this coming but how many strings did you have to pull to have kept it so quiet quite so long I wonder?

Well, take it from me, an outline of all of the events which resulted in my poor standing with the UEE and my incarceration in Kelcher is already in the Empires record books as a part of my being arrested and sentenced, and a strongly worded dispatch has already been sent to draw their attention to it so they are aware of some of your staff members joyful disregard for the safety and comfort of civilians, citizens and visitors!

It may be too late to get them to cancel Invictus event at your facility, however you just watch your behaviour at the end of this SOL 3 calendar month, because it won't just be helpless ship enthusiasts on your turf this time, oh no, it will be the Navys boldest and brightest and I will be doing my damnedest to make sure they are aware of your past indiscretions and that they do not stand for any tomfoolery directed at the brave boys, girls and species of alternate origin of the UEEN at their prestigious event.

Despite my strong words and actions I have however always been the forgiving type, New Babbage Traffic Control... And so I give you this one last opportunity to redeem yourselves by opening up a dialogue and discussing reparations for not only your original actions, but also for the heinous cold-shoulder I have had to endure these last six SOL 3 calendar months.

Yours with Regret,
NaffNaffBobFace.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?