• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I have enough light fighters... I want a heavy. My Vanguard remains my go to ship when I am not crashing my mole.

Also, anytime CIG makes a video like this it is going to be SOLD.
F8 is a heavy fighter though, a heavy fighter that's supposed to be more nimble than the Hornet.

That's why it's so desirable and OP on paper.

I'm probably in the minority here but I'll prefer to beat SQ42 and earn for it in-game.

........Nah who am I kidding. If it goes on sale, I'm opening up my wallet lol.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
F8 is a heavy fighter though, a heavy fighter that's supposed to be more nimble than the Hornet.

That's why it's so desirable and OP on paper.

I'm probably in the minority here but I'll prefer to beat SQ42 and earn for it in-game.

........Nah who am I kidding. If it goes on sale, I'm opening up my wallet lol.
If it's earned from beating SQ42 then there's no need for me to spend money on it. I'm very excited to play SQ42 when it comes out. Are there people who don't care about it?

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
If it's earned from beating SQ42 then there's no need for me to spend money on it. I'm very excited to play SQ42 when it comes out. Are there people who don't care about it?
I can't wait for S42, I know people are going to speed run it, but I'm going to relax and enjoy the game thoroughly.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Well I read in several places that beating SQ42 opens up the option for you to buy one. You still have to buy it in the PU. I'm guessing the ship should cost at least double that of a Super Hornet and slightly more than the Vanguards. Maybe around the 4+ million UEC mark?

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I can't wait for S42, I know people are going to speed run it, but I'm going to relax and enjoy the game thoroughly.
What drew me into all this was SQ42, more than the PU. I grew up on the Wing Commander/Freelancer stuff. PU for me is just the candy on the top. Hell I see the PU as a continuation of my SQ42 character's adventures after he musters out of the UEE Navy. :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If they did - that'd save me 5000 in investment
Unless they sell it for $5000 😉
I have enough light fighters... I want a heavy. My Vanguard remains my go to ship when I am not crashing my mole.
From what I can see (and it's an assumption) the F8 is not going to be massively long range. The Vanguard has beds and a living area including bog. I can't see an interior on the Anvil tub - It's pretty, and I'm sure it'll be able to kick ass, but when there are 100+ systems to visit I'd be hard pressed to "upgrade" to an F8 if it means I can't travel the 'Verse in it.

That said I wouldn't say no if I just won one in a competition or something :-D

That's not an option in the poll!

I'd best use this one for that: https://testsquadron.com/threads/the-ultimate-poll.9941/

Last edited:

Vahl K. Rii

Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
VKR-13
The thing about the hornet vs the lightning as well is that the hornet is old and ancient - think of it like how F4 phantoms and F/A-18s are sold to civilians who can afford them. The lightning is not old - far from it, it was barely finished during S42, that'd be like a civilian being able to get there hands on the F-22, something which even allies of the US have trouble getting their hands on.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Unless they sell it for $5000 😉

From what I can see (and it's an assumption) the F8 is not going to be massively long range. The Vanguard has beds and a living area including bog. I can't see an interior on the Anvil tub - It's pretty, and I'm sure it'll be able to kick ass, but when there are 100+ systems to visit I'd be hard pressed to "upgrade" to an F8 if it means I can't travel the 'Verse in it.

That said I wouldn't say no if I just won one in a competition or something :-D

That's not an option in the poll!

I'd best use this one for that: https://testsquadron.com/threads/the-ultimate-poll.9941/
I think the F8 will be carrier bound.

Vanguard on the other hand...isn't the inspiration for it WW2 era heavy/night fighters like the Messerschmitt Bf110, DeHavilland Mosquito, P-38 Lighting, and P-61 Black Widow? Long range, hits hard, but flies like bathtubes.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm well I'll like it to remain an elite fighter, but let be honest, at some point there will be some speculation in the game where someone will be selling it anyway to everyone with enoght money to pay for it, so if CIG is erally willing to sell it, maybe with a special editions skin why not?
Hope it will be flight ready...

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
The thing about the hornet vs the lightning as well is that the hornet is old and ancient - think of it like how F4 phantoms and F/A-18s are sold to civilians who can afford them. The lightning is not old - far from it, it was barely finished during S42, that'd be like a civilian being able to get there hands on the F-22, something which even allies of the US have trouble getting their hands on.
Hornet isn't ancient though. At least the Hornet MKII isn't. It's still supposed to be main backbone of the UEE's fighter fleet.

The way I see it...

Older designs like the Gladius or Avengers = F-16 Falcon or F-4 Phantoms
Hornet and Hornet variants = F-15 Eagle or F/A-18 Hornet
F8 Lighting = F-35 or F-22

Forgot your password?