• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
F8 is a heavy fighter though, a heavy fighter that's supposed to be more nimble than the Hornet.
I'll admit I was wrong. I thought it was a medium or light fighter based on it not having the functionality that a Vanguard does.

Can't sleep in it... non-starter for me. I'm a nomad... who owns a inferno.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I'll admit I was wrong. I thought it was a medium or light fighter based on it not having the functionality that a Vanguard does.

Can't sleep in it... non-starter for me. I'm a nomad... who owns a inferno.

Yeah it's definitely gonna be a short range space superiority fighter that's station or carrier bound.

Vahl K. Rii

Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
VKR-13
I think the F8 will be carrier bound.

Vanguard on the other hand...isn't the inspiration for it WW2 era heavy/night fighters like the Messerschmitt Bf110, DeHavilland Mosquito, P-38 Lighting, and P-61 Black Widow? Long range, hits hard, but flies like bathtubes.
100%, I think it'll sit in the exact same space that the hurricane fits in, but the hurricane will be more nimble and have the benefit of a rotating weapon base.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
What drew me into all this was SQ42, more than the PU. I grew up on the Wing Commander/Freelancer stuff. PU for me is just the candy on the top. Hell I see the PU as a continuation of my SQ42 character's adventures after he musters out of the UEE Navy. :)
My long lost brother... you just described me as well! They better name at least one ship the TigersClaw

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I say NO, it's been a backed $10K gift, can you imagine the shit storm that's gonna unleash if it went on sale..

Might be those who have passed $10K backing will have it flyable but part from that I think..... it's for show like last NOV sale when we could see it.

Do I hope they put it on sale ... sure like any of you do that haven't passed $10K.

BUT.... if you had passed $10K to get it... and then it went for sale what would your reaction be.

CHEERS! 🍻

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I say NO, it's been a backed $10K gift, can you imagine the shit storm that's gonna unleash if it went on sale..

Might be those who have passed $10K backing will have it flyable but part from that I think..... it's for show like last NOV sale when we could see it.

Do I hope they put it on sale ... sure like any of you do that haven't passed $10K.

BUT.... if you had passed $10K to get it... and then it went for sale what would your reaction be.

CHEERS! 🍻
I totally get where you're coming from, if they do put it on sale then they need to make sure that the 10k backers get a special loadout standard or whatever and a special skin. I am happy buying it w/o being a 10k backer and buying the parts in-game.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I totally get where you're coming from, if they do put it on sale then they need to make sure that the 10k backers get a special loadout standard or whatever and a special skin. I am happy buying it w/o being a 10k backer and buying the parts in-game.
Yeah me to ha ha... I would buy it in a heartbeat 🧐 🍻

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
My hearts telling me no because it's stupid that the UEE would sell even a downgraded copy of their brand new space superiority fighter on the open market.

My mind is telling me CIG fucking loves money and will not turn down an opportunity to shovel it in for something that they already have worked on and completed.

These fuckers sold you guys a carrier, destroyer, and frigate, you really think they'll balk at selling you the shiniest fighter? All they have to do to justify it is "oh well goals changed and a lot of people wanted it so we decided to price it at 500 so it was available for the super fans but high enough to keep it rare blah blah blah" and then wipe any tears from people off with a stack of 100$ bills.

Vahl K. Rii

Admiral
Donor
Jun 5, 2018
RSI Handle
VKR-13
Hornet isn't ancient though. At least the Hornet MKII isn't. It's still supposed to be main backbone of the UEE's fighter fleet.

The way I see it...

Older designs like the Gladius or Avengers = F-16 Falcon or F-4 Phantoms
Hornet and Hornet variants = F-15 Eagle or F/A-18 Hornet
F8 Lighting = F-35 or F-22
Civilians fly the Mk I though :P

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
If they sell the F8, all I got to say is they should then bump down the concierge award tiers and give a gold 890j for the Legatus level. Then I'd be a-ok with them going back on their published info on the F8 topic.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well I read in several places that beating SQ42 opens up the option for you to buy one. You still have to buy it in the PU. I'm guessing the ship should cost at least double that of a Super Hornet and slightly more than the Vanguards. Maybe around the 4+ million UEC mark?
Well that would be the F7A Hornet you get approval to buy once finished SQ42 and not the F8 but sure one can hope ha ha.

Only place you read stuff like that is from theory crafting entitled gamers ha ha ha.... 🤪

CHEERS! 🍻

Invidia_x4

Vice Admiral
Mar 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Invidiax4
--------
If they do alot of backers who spent the money will be seriously upset, and rightfully so. Big NO on this

Unless it's the F8A
Why should they he rightfully upset? Because the reward they got for high conciege level is not an exclusive? I think making it available makes it fair for everyone and those who spent the high amounts end up getting it for free.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
--------

Why should they he rightfully upset? Because the reward they got for high conciege level is not an exclusive? I think making it available makes it fair for everyone and those who spent the high amounts end up getting it for free.
That's a logic that make a hole lot a sense, that I can agree with. 🍻

Last edited:

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Yeah, I bet we see the F8 at the Invictus sale.

And since Gold and Platinum have been done already, all Concierge F8 holders will be upgraded to the F8 Raspberry and Blueberry editions!

But seriously, if there is a Squadron 999 version of the F8, maybe it will be an 'air show edition' to match the Invictus video, without LTI and stripped of guns?

I get past 'promises' (not really sure there was one for this), but an F8 sale seems like the huge money maker CIG needs right about now.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Well that would be the F7A Hornet you get approval to buy once finished SQ42 and not the F8 but sure one can hope ha ha.
Ah good point i thought it was the F8C. Like the one from wing commander level, guess i was wrong all that time :)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
CIG has realised they can make 6 figures out of the Lightning .

Good luck to all of you that thought it was gonna be speshl or rare! :|

Forgot your password?