• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Yes, this is the same video I posted 11 days ago here: https://testsquadron.com/threads/mother-of-god-is-it-happening.17331/post-333246

But You need to rewatch it, because CR never said F8 would never be available as pledge.

Your statement is not true - he would not have to go back on his word.

Facts:
- we don't get F8 before SQ42 is out
- high level Concierges get F8 as a thank you
- rest of players can buy one in PU after they play F8 in SQ42

Nowhere he said that they will not do pledge sales for people who want to but ship!
And selling F8 would not negate above facts as well.

I still do not think it will be F8 on sale next week, just arguing your invalid statement.
Really? We're going to play the "well he didn't say it wouldn't come out before SQ42" game?

No he was very clear, the two scenario's he spoke of were crystal clear, 1) After completion of the SQ42 campaign people would earn a badge and have access to the ship. 2) Big baller backers would get access to the ship. Nowhere does he even give the slightest impression of there being any other way to obtain this ship, it was crystal clear. Any other scenario of this ship being sold prior to SQ42 contradicts exactly what he said in this interview, period, especially considering SQ42 is well over a year from being done and that's if were lucky at this point.

He didn't say mickey mouse wouldn't the leader of the UEE either but I guess its a possibility. lol I will take what people say over what they did not any day, saying someone never said this or that doesn't make what they did say not count.

Last edited:

Zapper Weisman

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 14, 2018
RSI Handle
ZapperWeisman
I don't mind much either way, but I'd like it if they held the F8's back from the players until SQ42. I feel like that would be a more special experience.

Edit: Just saw Zyloh's message/meme. LoL
I'd love to see the F8's flown in game as shown in the video in some AI UEE airshow. Sort of a fun teaser. Can't wait for this event!

Last edited:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Ya, I don't mind air shows etc... I think its great to showcase the ships, even let you sit in them or walk around in them. Personally and I think most of the backers agree, I just wish more of the ships that have been backed were flyable, more professions in the verse. Most would be happy with a sense of progression, not that they aren't progressing but it feels like its a snails pace to me.

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
Really? We're going to play the "well he didn't say it wouldn't come out before SQ42" game?

No he was very clear, the two scenario's he spoke of were crystal clear, 1) After completion of the SQ42 campaign people would earn a badge and have access to the ship. 2) Big baller backers would get access to the ship. Nowhere does he even give the slightest impression of there being any other way to obtain this ship, it was crystal clear. Any other scenario of this ship being sold prior to SQ42 contradicts exactly what he said in this interview, period, especially considering SQ42 is well over a year from being done and that's if were lucky at this point.

He didn't say mickey mouse wouldn't the leader of the UEE either but I guess its a possibility. lol I will take what people say over what they did not any day, saying someone never said this or that doesn't make what they did say not count.
Hmmm, think we are on different page here.

Why do you assume that "if CIG decides to sell F8 next week" means that you will have a ship?
You might get loaner for it.
Think of it as of Concierge now - do they have F8 before SQ42 is out? No.

Deos that contradicts anything they said before? No.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
We will probably see it, and maybe the F7A in flight for air demonstrations.
The F7A MIGHT be sold, but I doubt it.
As per the gentleman from CIG...no to the F8 being sold at this time.

They want the other fighters to maintain relevance, if the F8 is still one of the top, I don’t see that happening.

They want to drive sales of SQ42.

They said it you could get it if you got the badge for it, implying in game. It might also allow people to buy the ship like the Pirate Gladius.

With the origin rover (not the lynx) there MIGHT be an Origin pack sale, allowing people who don’t have LTI on their 890 to get LTI.

There might be a surprise straight to flyable ship.

I expect the Javelin and Idris to be on sale, maybe even both Idris versions (doubtful though, but more likely than the F8)

They MIGHT have some LTI type of upgrades for limited ships Like the Hull E.

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
In a battle between "CIG said they wouldn't sell it previously" and "CIG could make 2 million dollars in a single weekend for something they have already completed" I wouldn't be too optimistic about past promises.

I sincerely hope they won't (and seeing Zlyoh's tweet is reassuring), but we've seen CIG walk back stuff many a time, e.g. end of LTI, Warbonds, etc for me to not be skeptical.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
In a battle between "CIG said they wouldn't sell it previously" and "CIG could make 2 million dollars in a single weekend for something they have already completed" I wouldn't be too optimistic about past promises.
I sincerely hope they won't (and seeing Zlyoh's tweet is reassuring), but we've seen CIG walk back stuff many a time, e.g. end of LTI, Warbonds, etc for me to not be skeptical.
did you go to school to become so cynical

or were you born that way?

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf

The whole point is that CIG never said that they would not sell it.... At least nothing I am aware of.
If they did then please link some video or CIG staff' post.

Some people here jump into conclusions that CIG promised they would never sell it, but this is not a case at all.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
The whole point is that CIG never said that they would not sell it.... At least nothing I am aware of.
If they did then please link some video or CIG staff' post.

Some people here jump into conclusions that CIG promised they would never sell it, but this is not a case at all.
Well we'll find out in four days lol.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I just caught this vid showing up in my list, so I thought that I'd share. Enjoy!

"Disco Lando turned up in chat"

Lol

At least I now know what I need to do if I ever wanna chat with Disco. :like:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Forgot your password?