Mother of God. Is it happening?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Fucking gag me if the F8 goes on sale. It's barely tolerable as is locked behind the 10,000 USD pledge gate.

There are some things that shouldn't be on sale- the UEE Navy's brand new still highly classified heavy fighter should absolutely be one of them.
Concur. Keep the apex fighter in the Navy and out of the hands of players.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Aren't we supposed to get one when we complete S42?

Edit:

found it, I hope this is not just another broken promise.... check at 08:54

View: https://youtu.be/fS6FpCpt5m4?t=534

So I wonder if those leaks confirm SQ42 coming to Beta.....
Its more like getting the right to purchase one ingame in PU when you complete SQ42, not like getting one straight ;)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Fucking gag me if the F8 goes on sale. It's barely tolerable as is locked behind the 10,000 USD pledge gate.

There are some things that shouldn't be on sale- the UEE Navy's brand new still highly classified heavy fighter should absolutely be one of them.
Concur. Keep the apex fighter in the Navy and out of the hands of players.
CR has always been adamant that we will not be able to buy military ships in game, which is why we have the F7C and not the "A" version (the Hornet upgrade that people erroneously call the military version is actually really just a skin), although he did make it sound like we could potentially "acquire" some military ships through other means...

He did make the F8 available to people pledging at the 10k level, but at the same time said you could also unlock the ability to get one in-game by completing SQ42, which I thought was cool, in that everybody could potentially get a really awesome ship, without having to pay cash.

I always used to joke that if CIG was desparate for money, they could just have an F8 sale for $300 a pop and they would probably raise $20 or $30 million from that alone...even with the pandemic, though, I don't think they are in any trouble.

And yes, #GIB

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
CR has always been adamant that we will not be able to buy military ships in game, which is why we have the F7C and not the "A" version (the Hornet upgrade that people erroneously call the military version is actually really just a skin), although he did make it sound like we could potentially "acquire" some military ships through other means...
I remember (but don't remember details, who, where etc) that it's been said that there will be few F8A available in PU....

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I remember (but don't remember details, who, where etc) that it's been said that there will be few F8A available in PU....
Me too, something about the same logic of the F8....
If I'm not wrong it should be a "retire present" for compleating SQ42 like that you'll have it in you hangar "for free" afterr cmpleating the game..

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
And this is why I own SQ42. Cause one way or another my hands shall be on its stick.
Should have said, "should not be SOLD to players". I prefer the method its under now: 10 grand or SQ42. Don't get me wrong, I want one, but I don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry owning one. It should be challenge to get.
I think the idea was you could steal one. I believe that's what CR said.
edit: of course, that'll depend on how the ship stealing mechanic ends up being implemented.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Think about it this way. They have the Idris in game, or almost so from an NPC perspective.

put a 40k armistice zone around an Idris in space, and have a F8 team doing demonstrations to show off the ship. Maybe even put a static Javelin in game for people to see. You might see the F8 running UEE security for the event. It might be displayed on a static ground display similar to the expo 2 years ago.

lots of possibilities why the files might be in-game

zelange

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2018
RSI Handle
zelange
Well as much as I would love to fly one I think it will be just expo models.

I would love to get my hand on the hornet mk2 skin!

Anyway if 3.9.1 is not out for the free fly week it will be a disasters... Can't imagine what a new player will think, yesterday I have no floor on the entire microtech planet.

Forgot your password?