Mother of God. Is it happening?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Well as much as I would love to fly one I think it will be just expo models.

I would love to get my hand on the hornet mk2 skin!

Anyway if 3.9.1 is not out for the free fly week it will be a disasters... Can't imagine what a new player will think, yesterday I have no floor on the entire microtech planet.
What if they put it as a fly free loaner ship? No sale, just a major tease/test of the ship before it gets to sq42

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I see that I wasn't the only person that saw there would be a hat & shirt to obtain as well that should be reasonably affordable.
Indeed! But I must admit, after two glasses of berry juice and brandy (man, its rough when one's beer supply is gone), that I'd buy that ship right now! Haha.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Me too, something about the same logic of the F8....
If I'm not wrong it should be a "retire present" for compleating SQ42 like that you'll have it in you hangar "for free" afterr cmpleating the game..
I'm pretty sure that there is no way that CIG will just hand out F8 Lightnings for free to anybody that completes SQ42. If I remember correctly, SQ42 is both linear as well as slightly "choose your own adventure" style in that how the player performs as well as choices they make will effect the ships that they will get to use during their campaign with those that complete enough & are authorized in the campaign to operate an F8 will receive some sort of token or badge that allows them to purchase an F8 in the PU. Most likely a demilitarized F8, like is supposed to be the case for the Javs & Idris military ships. Either way, it will NOT be cheap to purchase either way. My best guess would be 10mil UEC + minimum, which ironically enough, would currently cost $10k in cash.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
It will not be free.

you need to play SQ42 and earn the right to fly it in game by earning the badge for it.

This will give you the possibility of buying it in game for UEC, or possibly for cash, similar to the way defeating pirate swarm gives you the ability to buy the caterpillar and gladius pirate editions.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I want the ship to be available but not for years AFTER the game goes live!

If I can't have it because I'm poor, neither can the Legatus or whatever whales!!

'runs off crying'

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
All of the ships were unlocked at the last in-game festival (ISC? whatever it was called). Could sit in the captains seat, mess around with turrets. No one managed to hotwire one of those, to my knowledge.
ah i thought they were just going to have it laying around. i remember seeing an andromedia in a mission back in 2.6 i think and it had nothing inside lol i dont remember if i just opened the door or if i glitched inside.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Space whales becoming organic interstellar vessels sounds great to me as a Concierge member. The Banu have & use organic technologies thanks to their trades with the Vanduul. Perhaps that can help lead us to this as well.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Space whales becoming organic interstellar vessels sounds great to me as a Concierge member. The Banu have & use organic technologies thanks to their trades with the Vanduul. Perhaps that can help lead us to this as well.
Can't be basic Concierge though. Not good enough. Space Whales must be reserved for Legatus level members as they're the richest and fattest of us all!

Forgot your password?