Invictus Launch Week 2951 - Hercules Starlifter Thread

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The A2 would be far more appealing to me IF I knew there was a way to get space beer kegs the size & exterior shape of the MOAB's it drops, because then I know that I'd be TEST bombing as many TEST parties as I can 1 payload at a time whenever the supply runs low. Cheers!
You do realize ... you just invented the Mother Of All Barrels.
Without explosives, other than the electronics for navigation and stuff, the MOAB is basically a hollow aluminum tube that could contain just shy of 200 US barrels of beer. I think though, it might be worth while to land and deliver them rather than dropping them - though it might be worth the lols to drop just one.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I keep hearing about people griping about the views in ships like these, but I enjoy flying ships like the Freelancers, Starfarers & I'm sure that I'll enjoy flying my Hercules ships. I'm an odd little furball, but at least I'm always happy to hold a beer when needed & hand it back when the TESTification is completed.
I like the Starfarer view too. Big ass sun burning my eyes out? Just rotate the ship so it's below the dashboard and continue unaccosted.

Here's a video from the ancient past!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDCmPoSPU8

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The A2 would be far more appealing to me IF I knew there was a way to get space beer kegs the size & exterior shape of the MOAB's it drops, because then I know that I'd be TEST bombing as many TEST parties as I can 1 payload at a time whenever the supply runs low. Cheers!

I keep hearing about people griping about the views in ships like these, but I enjoy flying ships like the Freelancers, Starfarers & I'm sure that I'll enjoy flying my Hercules ships. I'm an odd little furball, but at least I'm always happy to hold a beer when needed & hand it back when the TESTification is completed.

I'm thankful that I was able to upgrade my Cat to a C2 last year & that I picked up a 600i Exp to M2 CCU at the same time. Now I just need to pick up a CCU that leads from something permament in the store to the 600i Exp so that when the budget allows I can enjoy either the C2 or M2 as the situation requires. With the Ion coming out in an upcoming patch, I might upgrade something permanent to that as 1 of the steps as that will surely boost in price when it's released.
Right now for subscribers you have the 600i as the ship of the month available for upgrades (if the 600i won't be available for Invictus).

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Strange, I don't see any Hercules listed on my Ship Upgrade listing.
You need to look on the left column when selecting all ships as if it was the base for the upgrade. And not to look on the right column to see ships that are available for upgrades (as they are not yet available).

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Without explosives, other than the electronics for navigation and stuff, the MOAB is basically a hollow aluminum tube that could contain just shy of 200 US barrels of beer. I think though, it might be worth while to land and deliver them rather than dropping them - though it might be worth the lols to drop just one.
Thas what parachute are for right? Instant Oktoberfest whereever you'll like!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I was thinking of equipping each of the super kegs with parachutes to help their decent towards the back of the bar. This being said, I'd feel sorry for a random Nomad pilot that's passing by beneath me that happens to snag a mother load of beer meant for thirsty TESTies. lol

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
C2 is pretty great, M2 seems very focused on something I might not use (combat with a trader).

But I like the caterpillar so much, just need to hold on this initial stage of "me wants new cool ship". Though that said, the speed, cargo and maneuver capabilities of the C2 are impressive...

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Okay....So I am an old fart in PTU who has no idea on where or how to access the new C2...Could be an unusual amount of adult beverages consumed each and every night(we old road racers need our tonics :drunk: )....So is there a special access or what do we old drunk farts need to do in PTU:o7:
To answer the question. There is a access button lit in green on both the front and the rear ramp. Mid-ship port side, I believe, is another for a lift.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Okay....So I am an old fart in PTU who has no idea on where or how to access the new C2...Could be an unusual amount of adult beverages consumed each and every night(we old road racers need our tonics :drunk: )....So is there a special access or what do we old drunk farts need to do in PTU:o7:
For all with similar access problem remember CIG has recently introduce a visual indicator for ships access way, you'll find it in the game options menù.
Personally I visually hate it and I think it brakes immersion so I disebled it, but for new ship and casual player can be a usefull tool, to enable eventually just to familiarise with new ships.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Your my hero!

I honestly like the view out of the C2. It doesn't have much interior ambient light to wash out the view. And given the pilot seat location in regards to the view it feels comfortable much like driving a car and much easier to see what's happening vs the view out of the StarFarer and Freelancer. Which I think in the StarFarer and Freelancer is caused by how far back the seat is from the view port giving it a far more tunnel like feeling. I have to say I have never really gotten comfortable flying the Catipiler which I think is more do to the cockpit location making it feel more like flying a barge then an airplane.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Well the C2 is rather an interesting craft. Good for making a few bucks hauling and it kills monitors for an extra 20k with ease. Only thing I noticed was topping off an almost full tank was damn near 8500:wut:....Still I enjoyed taking it out for a spin:like:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well the C2 is rather an interesting craft. Good for making a few bucks hauling and it kills monitors for an extra 20k with ease. Only thing I noticed was topping off an almost full tank was damn near 8500:wut:....Still I enjoyed taking it out for a spin:like:
Just managed to get a fly in mine too, it handles the way I wish my Starfarer did. Really nice space inside for junk too, gonna enjoy moving garbo about the 'Verse in that one :)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Just managed to get a fly in mine too, it handles the way I wish my Starfarer did. Really nice space inside for junk too, gonna enjoy moving garbo about the 'Verse in that one :)
@NaffNaffBobFace , I'd say that the space inside a C2 might be perfect for you to haul a mobile TEST TP manufacturing plant inside. You pull up, open up, they supply the trees into the front & payment, then receive their TEST TP out the back. Then off to the next outpost or location you go to work up to the TP Empire of the galaxy you go.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
@NaffNaffBobFace , I'd say that the space inside a C2 might be perfect for you to haul a mobile TEST TP manufacturing plant inside. You pull up, open up, they supply the trees into the front & payment, then receive their TEST TP out the back. Then off to the next outpost or location you go to work up to the TP Empire of the galaxy you go.
I'm liking the sounds of this.

That long entry ramp hach thing along the C2's neck is perfect for stacking up trunks in like sticks of Pocky to feed the plant while we fly between the Forest Moon of Endor and Tatooine (as if a desert planet has any trees to make paper from no wonder Luke wanted off it so bad), and when we touch down in Mos Eisely or whatever place needs our wares we open up the back and boom, bumwad fresh off the press reddy to roll out to thousands of desperate homes in the local area.

Yeah their 'business' will be our business and money in the bank my friend, money in the bank.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I suspect that everybody wants off Tatooine because to clean up after taking care of a certain business, you either had to wipe with sand paper or experience a sand blasting bidet. Not pleasant either way I'd say. To them, your supply would be a gift from the Gods, no matter how much they had to pay for the enjoyment.

Forgot your password?