Invictus Megathread

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Server performance seems to have leveled out some today. I was able to fly a Carrack for a while. Well, at least until I decided to go to engineering and got my forehead stuck in a fuel line.
Have not really tried to even get on today yet, waiting for the other manufacturers to hit like Aegis and Crusader then I will definitely want to get in.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm looking forward to getting my Sentinel today.
You'll love her. Have you flown a vanguard before? Put the turret on auto aim using R, and concentrate on firing those fixed nose guns. Very potent. Also, with the sentinel, remember to turn the EMP on in the weapons menu before you take off, it's off by default.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
You'll love her. Have you flown a vanguard before? Put the turret on auto aim using R, and concentrate on firing those fixed nose guns. Very potent. Also, with the sentinel, remember to turn the EMP on in the weapons menu before you take off, it's off by default.
I've had a vanguard Warden and Harbinger many times and kept melting it. I'm sticking to the Sentinel this time.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have changed my entire fleet so many times, I go back and forth between larger ships and ships I can solo, right now I try and focus on ships I can solo, duo or minimal A.I.

Terrapin
Hornet
Vulcan
Star Runner
Vulture
Leaves some $$ for ground vehicles

I was thinking of going with a Nautilus but the 8 man crew scared me off, same with ships like the 600i, Corsair etc... I know I could run these solo with A.I. I just didn't see the point for now. I wanted a selection of ships I could solo that gives me access to multiple professions and low running cost.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'd hold off on the Nautilus at least for now. It's going to require a lot more server persistence and object persistence, and if I had to guess it would be one of the last ships to get worked on unless they need it for SQ42.

Plus imo it's too niche and pricey for what you get.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I'd hold off on the Nautilus at least for now. It's going to require a lot more server persistence and object persistence, and if I had to guess it would be one of the last ships to get worked on unless they need it for SQ42.

Plus imo it's too niche and pricey for what you get.
Ya it was the niche that drew me to it though, wont be a lot of these around early on.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
I don't know why but I keep thinking about picking up a Hoplite. The Vanguard is a good looking ship overall.
I still think they made it a bit too fat...

I have a warden, but considering a harbringer upgrade. I love making things go boom, so the torpedoes appeal to me. I just wish it still had guns on the turret!

I'm also not sure how much slower it is than the warden. There is that.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I just watched this Invictus trailer and you know what, it's really well done. Definitely a few things to see in it for those who haven't watched before.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane and Phil
Forgot your password?