Invictus Megathread

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Some Chinese Org just took out a Javelin. Combination of exploits and ramming. Really odd the Javelin didn't fire back, also weird it wasn't shielded. They basically did enough structural damage to break the engines but didn't destroy the ship outright.

Kinda ruined the fun for folks who just wanted to experience Invictus but it's inevitable that this would happen. Hope CIG sees this and fixes it for future events.

warning: A lot of loud annoying screaming in Chinese.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1087&v=h0Q2CVB4EXA&feature=emb_logo
Woah. So do Org actions in game earn them rep yet? Can't help but feel the Empire won't be putting up with the crippling one of their capital ships without reprisal.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Leave it to a Chinese Org to ruin the fun of everybody else. Reminds me of their government with their waves of bio weapon plagues. If I was CIG, I'd respawn the Idris, shut down their ships, slaughter them with the Idris & then make each of their IP addresses & accounts stuck in prison whenever they log in or die for the next month.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Phil

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Leave it to a Chinese Org to ruin the fun of everybody else. Reminds me of their government with their waves of bio weapon plagues. If I was CIG, I'd respawn the Idris, shut down their ships, slaughter them with the Idris & then make each of their IP addresses & accounts stuck in prison whenever they log in or die for the next month.
Don't pretend like orgs of all nations have not tried this 😜

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
It's actually good that they took the Javelin out. Forces CIG to look into shoring up the Capital ships. These guys are one of the first but I expect more 'Javelin takedowns' until Invictus ends. Anyway I'll like to see NPC controlled Capital ships flying around the Verse eventually and I'll rather not see Capitals get taken out or hijacked that easily. There should be consequences if you attack the UEE's frontline Capitals.

I understand Chinese and the video is what you'll expect...a lot of "Shoot it, shoot it! Ram it! Ram it! Fuck it up!"

'Neckbeard Heavy Breathing in Chinese intensifies'

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Anvil day began.
Arrow and Valkyrie skins available only; not sure if they are implemented in game already.

PledgeSKU_Arrow_Bundle_052020.jpg

PledgeSKU_Valkyrie_Bundle_052020.jpg

--------

Bonsai

Admiral
Donor
May 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Bonsai138
Anvil day began.
Arrow and Valkyrie skins available only; not sure if they are implemented in game already.

View attachment 16121

View attachment 16122

--------
They are :like:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
interesting information from Anvil day.

F7A has 600 units of quantum fuel
F8 has 10,000 units of quantum fuel.

If this remains true, for the F8C, then the F8 will not just be a short range carrier fighter, but a true long range craft.

To determine this, I entered the seats of both the F7A and F8 and pressed F2 to bring up the star map. The quantum fuel levels were listed in the upper left.

For a control, the Hurricane had 583, as did the Arrow. The Valkyrie had 2,500

The Carrack had 44,000

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
interesting information from Anvil day.

F7A has 600 units of quantum fuel
F8 has 10,000 units of quantum fuel.

If this remains true, for the F8C, then the F8 will not just be a short range carrier fighter, but a true long range craft.

To determine this, I entered the seats of both the F7A and F8 and pressed F2 to bring up the star map. The quantum fuel levels were listed in the upper left.

For a control, the Hurricane had 583, as did the Arrow. The Valkyrie had 2,500

The Carrack had 44,000
Interesting find!
I'd suspect that the 10k is a placeholder number for now so the Ai can always engage QT wherever they want to go? It's ridiculously high for a fighter.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Had a look at all the ships.

Ended up letting the ladies inspect the goods. What can I say they were all a bit bored in that expo until I came along.

ScreenShot0086.jpg

ScreenShot0072.jpg

ScreenShot0076.jpg

ScreenShot0079.jpg

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Against my better judgement, I tried to play the game, I got in really quick but had no body, couldn't do anything, I was virtually a ghost, logged off, this happened 3 times, not sure how so many bugs, different bugs can pop up in 2-3 days, its laughable they aren't even attempting to fix it lol.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Upgraded to a Hurricane. I like dakka and I like a lot of it.

Been debating what a change my melted Buccaneer (long story, too much glass, not enough cannon for me) to an Arrow or Gladius. From what I've heard both are pretty good, any thoughts from people who've flown them?

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Upgraded to a Hurricane. I like dakka and I like a lot of it.

Been debating what a change my melted Buccaneer (long story, too much glass, not enough cannon for me) to an Arrow or Gladius. From what I've heard both are pretty good, any thoughts from people who've flown them?
I like the Gladius. 2 shields and crazy agility. It's also one of the most 'finished' ships since it plays a big part in SQ42.

Forgot your password?