Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
From the official Kraken Q&A:

How does the Kraken’s armor compare to other ships in its size-class, like the Idris?

In true Drake fashion, the approach to construction prizes pragmatism and cost-effectiveness. Consequently, the Kraken is substantially less sturdy than the Idris and other dedicated military ships that are expected to face direct heavy or capital-scale firepower.

Reference: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16813-Q-A-Drake-Kraken

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Lets be pragmatic, better with a big armor...

From the official Kraken Q&A:

In true Drake fashion, the approach to construction prizes pragmatism and cost-effectiveness. Consequently, the Kraken is substantially less sturdy than the Idris and other dedicated military ships that are expected to face direct heavy or capital-scale firepower.

Reference: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16813-Q-A-Drake-Kraken
Ha, not for that price.

Not to mention it'll be a hangar queen unless you can scrape together 6 other people to pilot her and 4-5 ships to carry around. I'll stay more mobile in my Cat and Cutlass thanks.

Great endgame long-term goal, but for 1650 lol no thanks. Rather have an Idris for almost over 25% less.
3 players if each one brings a bunch of NPCs. Supposedly up to 8 per person? SO a crew whould be of 27.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
I could afford it but unsure I should. With VAT this would actually cost 1666 $ for the warbond version. I would actually strike a deal with store credit. But 1650 $ for a Drake ship is a ridiculous price...not to mention it's ridicoulous paying that much for any JPEG but how is it that much more valuable than an Idris or more than two times a Pioneer? 1200 $ should have been more than enough for this.
The ship have the capability to crack open an Idris (if played correctly), have a ton of utility, cargo, it is cool, etc

I was fearing ever an higher price.
Really, I had heard the rumor of 1600/1400. Was pretty close so probably were from a good source...

I bought one, pretty sure I will not fly it unless we are doing a Org event of some sort.
I purchased one, and I will fly it :)

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I no longer have the intent to buy a Kraken.

After being the first one to purchase a Kraken, I suddenly lost the funding that I had in order to buy one. It seems as though CIG took the money out of my bank account and I am unable to repeat the process. In addition, CIG is no longer letting me continue to purchase more even if I were to get the money. Something about a limit of 1 per customer....

I shall have to be satisfied with the 1 I was able to obtain.

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
In the Kraken commercial all of the pirate ships were Anvil ships, one of them got split in half when the Kraken rammed it, but all the Anvil ships were decimated without harming any of the Drake ships.
So the CIG lore team put together an open letter from the Anvil CEO/Chairman/Whatever basically complaining about truth in advertising.
or a Kraken-scale Voltron

I think they could see a lot of use as a ground based mobile base

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Kraken has docking ports on the sides. We can infinitely link them together and make a battle fortress 😀
Sweet. More area for me to crash into.
It's going to be the best damn Aurora skipping contest in the Verse.
I just visualized that and promptly laughed hard enough to shoot beer from my nose.
Don't worry! One of the great things about TEST is we have so many members! We have our fair share of crazies (like me!) who buy stuff like this, and we also have a lot of guys who aren't crazy but still want to experience these massive ships.

Everybody wins! 😎
I am one of these people! (Don't ask which)
You're welcome to crew mine!
Truck yeah! I'll be there.

Forgot your password?