It finally happened! One of the random cables in my junk drawer was used!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Every real TESTie out there has a drawer filled wit these cables.

USB of all types, DVI to VGA, VGA to HDMI and other things I cant even identify.

The reason we keep these things is that there might be a possibility that one day we will have a use for a micro-usb to something cable!

Well, I am happy to report that we were all correct about this.

Last night Im at the neighbors having some pizza and he randomly asks if I have a USB type B male to USB connector!

This has been the moment I have been waiting for!

Years and years of waiting, now finally it is my time to shine!

I knew that one day that cable would find a use!

I got up from the table with pizza in hand, ran across the street barefoot, dashed into my office and pulled open the sacred bottom drawer of cables.

After 30sec of rummaging, there it was!!!!

The exact cable he needed for his Arduino project!

This is shaping up to be a great weekend so far!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've got one of those drawers. Just saw a usb to ethernet cable that i'm pretty sure i'll never use...but i don't know I'll never use it
I can go one better than that - I picked up a HDMI to Scart cable thinking it was just what I need. Not a converter - just a cable. You know cables, you know that digital to analouge isn't a thing... But it's still in the drawer. Just in case it ever becomes a thing by magic.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I can go one better than that - I picked up a HDMI to Scart cable thinking it was just what I need. Not a converter - just a cable. You know cables, you know that digital to analouge isn't a thing... But it's still in the drawer. Just in case it ever becomes a thing by magic.

That day will come!

You too will one day feel the bliss that I experienced!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Thank you glorious leader!
I'm gonna print this, frame it and hang it above my drawer, so whenever the wife complains about my "perfectly organized" drawer of goodies, I can point to it and say "see, it's not junk! I have proof!"
YES!

I have proved beyond reasonable doubt that every single item in that drawer has value!

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
I have "The tech drawer" at home. Plus a bag of randomly assorted cables and adapters in my trunk, just in case. As well as a bunch of loose cables in my main tool bag that are more likely to get used. They are literally every where I go.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I have boxes and boxes of cables just sitting in my workshop now.... But by god if I need a FireWire 800 to fucking anything I probably have it.
lol, I have boxes of cables...and I even have FW800 cables...but I can guarantee, that is one cable you and I will never use.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Every real TESTie out there has a drawer filled wit these cables.

<snip>
Years and years of waiting, now finally it is my time to shine!

I knew that one day that cable would find a use!

I got up from the table with pizza in hand, ran across the street barefoot, dashed into my office and pulled open the sacred bottom drawer of cables.

After 30sec of rummaging, there it was!!!!

The exact cable he needed for his Arduino project!

This is shaping up to be a great weekend so far!
out of curiosity, was your wife there to witness this? This is crucial to it becoming a recognized TEST holiday!

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Will C.

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2017
RSI Handle
Mute_01
I have a basement with 5 old computers and monitors and boxes of screws,fans and other computer junk

Reactions: Montoya
Forgot your password?