It is done. 890J is back in my hangar!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Happily there are always 22 year old French women to distract us from the ravages of time.
I read this as 22 / year old / french women.

You'd be very distracted if you had 22 one year old babies in the room I don't think you'd ever stop changing nappies, although I don't think they qualify as Women for another few decades?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I am not entirely convinced about the "happily" part. ... A few problems off the bat: I married a Texan... marksman... woman... better shot than I am. Her uncle is a chief of police in the next town over, and I have a 22 year old daughter with 22 year old friends. The whole situation keeps me pretty much on the straight and level.

Not sure how you keep on the straight and level I imagine I'd be shot. Then again perhaps you'll be able to impart enough wisdom that when we have 22-year-old daughters ourselves we will be as wise as you.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Not sure how you keep on the straight and level I imagine I'd be shot. Then again perhaps you'll be able to impart enough wisdom that when we have 22-year-old daughters ourselves we will be as wise as you.
I don't know how successful or wise I am as "Dad" I think the jury is still out. So far, out of 6 kids... no murderers, nobody in jail, though it came close more than once. I figured something out when my oldest was 5.

You can't really raise responsible children by being an autocratic ass. I was, but I changed. I explain it like this. Sometimes people quote a line from the Christian Bible that goes something like "Spare the rod, spoil the child". Except, that line does not appear in the Bible, nor does any line even remotely like it. It compares the rod of discipline not as a club, but as a shepherd's staff. That's a guiding tool, that shepherds use to steer a wayward lamb, by planting it in front of them when they're going the wrong way. And the hook on the top, isn't for beating him, it's to grab him away from danger. That's how it's used. And, er... We eat the lambs so, the whole thing kind of breaks down when used for children that you want to survive.

Forgot your password?