It is known. . .

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah, well I just gave you an entirely different dictionary definition and explained in detail to you how your definition is wrong.
No you didn't. You gave me a youtube video which is a secondary source at best. I can make a Youtube video and put it online, it doesn't mean I have the impartiality or vetting systems dictionaries have to make sure their definitions are a correct and pure reflection of the facts - that's why they are dictionaries, they are factual because they rigorously vet their information before putting it to print, you're not arguing with my definitions you're arguing with one of the major proven ways humanity has devised of presenting factual information to each other.

Please provide a core factual dictionary source, like I did for you, and then we can inspect and discuss the semantics of that factual dictionary definition if you have one.

I provided three, so I'd appreciate it if you can provide three for your definition to be able to counterbalance the weight of evidence I've already provided :like:

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Gentlemen, may I borrow a moment of your time to remind you of something that you might both enjoy ... BEER. Cheers!

Hurrah! And she's a bit of a bruiser, she's lost a thumb on one hand and just look at the fingernail on her index finger, the only person I saw with that kind of damage used to punch trees for fun! I bet she could rip your head off and throw it into the next county if you disrespected her.

I've been going through a Cider phase so may I present the following for your kind consideration:

1719727119264.png

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Hurrah! And she's a bit of a bruiser, she's lost a thumb on one hand and just look at the fingernail on her index finger, the only person I saw with that kind of damage used to punch trees for fun! I bet she could rip your head off and throw it into the next county if you disrespected her.

I've been going through a Cider phase so may I present the following for your kind consideration:

View attachment 25770
Oh, I don't typically disrespect people needlessly, though she might feel a bit slighted until she receives her tip from me repeatedly ordering more beer for all my friends through a good night. Then I'll make sure she hopes we return by tipping well. Thus everybody ends up having a great night.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oh, I don't typically disrespect people needlessly, though she might feel a bit slighted until she receives her tip from me repeatedly ordering more beer for all my friends through a good night. Then I'll make sure she hopes we return by tipping well. Thus everybody ends up having a great night.
Where I live in tipping itself is sometimes insulting , I've had staff tell me as on more than one occasion they don't want or need to supplement their wages with what is essentially charity but then the minimum wage is fairly in line with the costs of living here as long as you get enough hours a day.

Some restaurants have started implementing a mandatory service fee but at that point they might as well just roll it into the price of the food on the menu like normal companies do - I mean, if there is a service charge it suggests the service offered is not part of the product I'm buying and I'd be able to avail myself of that product without taking advantage of the service...? I mean I'd have trouble getting to a seat but other than that I'd be fine going into the kitchen and picking up the plate from the hot counter... but in reality that's not realistic, it should all be part of the price presented at point of ordering and a minimum service level should be presented, operated and maintained such as the fine example below:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozTTwO8E1RE

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah Naff, we’re not gonna do that. Your position makes no sense. I have already reduced it to absurdity twice. Do I need to spell out the reduction ad absurdism in child-like formal deduction?

I agree with your dictionary definitions yet I am not Woke. Obviously your definition does not cover common usage. I cannot be more simple than this. It is in the identification of what counts as a “social injustice” that makes Woke anathema to people who know the difference between right and wrong.

The new morality that is woke, is nothing different than the old immorality. It comes down to values. Either you think marriage is sacred, and the proper foundation for family, children and civilization, or you think all the perversions that replace the nuclear family and marriage can form such a foundation.

Either you think people should be judged by their character, or you think we should judge them by their skin color.

You fill your own blanks. You want to use one particular definition. Okay. Supply the details of your definition. Tell us what are the details of social injustice that Woke intends to correct us old folks on. Give examples.

What is woke?

View: https://youtu.be/L2mGGpYPjSU?si=1Sff6lFIf7PC2EoU

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Your position makes no sense.
That's the problem with trying to argue with facts. You can't. You can refuse to, you can attempt to change the topic or obfuscate but you can't change the fact as presented, because it's a fact. You are arguing with the dictionary, not me.

We've been here before, you know the more you ignore the main point of contention (in this case a fact) the more it looks like you know it's a fact but can't admit it.

I'll draw my participation in this thread to a close but would be happy to join back in if you can come back to me with the primary source evidence I requested of you in my previous post :like:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Where I live in tipping itself is sometimes insulting , I've had staff tell me as on more than one occasion they don't want or need to supplement their wages with what is essentially charity but then the minimum wage is fairly in line with the costs of living here as long as you get enough hours a day.

Some restaurants have started implementing a mandatory service fee but at that point they might as well just roll it into the price of the food on the menu like normal companies do - I mean, if there is a service charge it suggests the service offered is not part of the product I'm buying and I'd be able to avail myself of that product without taking advantage of the service...? I mean I'd have trouble getting to a seat but other than that I'd be fine going into the kitchen and picking up the plate from the hot counter... but in reality that's not realistic, it should all be part of the price presented at point of ordering and a minimum service level should be presented, operated and maintained such as the fine example below:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozTTwO8E1RE
Fair enough, though I'd prefer to err in accidentally insulting somebody by wanting to give them more money than shorting them money.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Fair enough, though I'd prefer to err in accidentally insulting somebody by wanting to give them more money than shorting them money.
I'm lucky to be able to live somewhere where that's not a concern, I can only imaging how having to judge your fellow man ever time you want to go out for a bite must get a little tiring.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No Naff. I have not ignored the facts. I have laid them bare while you refuse to acknowledge them. You can supply the details concerning what precisely are the points of social injustice, or you can continue to obfuscate and pretend you have approached the issue when you have not.

You’re not fooling anyone.

Think about the absurdity of your assertion. If all woke were is a commitment to stand against injustice, then we need to identify that injustice. Why are you so committed to hiding the topic of discussion?

Pick an issue. Do you believe like the sane portion of people that sex and gender are binary, or do you believe gender is non binary and there are as many genders as we flippantly decide?

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
No Naff. I have not ignored the facts. I have laid them bare while you refuse to acknowledge them. You can supply the details concerning what precisely are the points of social injustice, or you can continue to obfuscate and pretend you have approached the issue when you have not.

You’re not fooling anyone.

Think about the absurdity of your assertion. If all woke were is a commitment to stand against injustice, then we need to identify that injustice. Why are you so committed to hiding the topic of discussion?

Pick an issue. Do you believe like the sane portion of people that sex and gender are binary, or do you believe gender is non binary and there are as many genders as we flippantly decide?
Fooling anyone? It's the dictionary definition. Blocked.

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
Fooling anyone? It's the dictionary definition. Blocked.
Aw man I really thought you had more balls than this? I love when it gets to this when someone provides you facts and then you just breakdown and can't handle it anymore so you block them. :glorious:

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
In the spirit of Devil's Advocate, every now & then, definitions within dictionaries do get changed. Though it used to be rare, it has become more common in recent decades. This isn't me taking any sides, just pointing out this bit of annoyance of mine with the dictionary publishers.

Forgot your password?