It seems likely that a flight ready 400i is coming for Xmas

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Initially teased by a cryptic message in Feb of 2020 that Origin was working on something, they release rovers instead of a ship.

Now 8 months later, Star Citizen seems to be ready to release the next in the Origin ship series, the 400i!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice video and nice work for BlackShaaB for the concept.
I think the concept line are a bit to hard for an Origin ship, they could use a good massage especially on the side intakes.
For the armory hmm for the size of the ship looks unlikely to have a full room dedicated to the armory, more likely a hidden weapons rack like the 890j, if I'm wrong this wiil be an hell of a ship, com'm who won't love a luxury verison of this:

maybe with a gunsmith table too....?

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Calling it now, I think it will be a light cargo-hauling ship around $200 to help break origin out of the transport/exploration only roles they are currently pigeonholed into.
Why would'nt they go the traditional 400, 410, 425 type set up and maximize $ with different roles implied by number?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well, the remote turret may or may not be pilot controlled, could also be just remote turret.
But damn, this fan did do a great job here. Presumably alone. I mean, you'd probably have like at least 10 people doing those brochures at CIG, partly bureaucracy but also because there are few different skill sets you need there. And while you can be jack of all trades, this dude is closer to a master of all trades.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
On the other hand, we already have the Birdie fighter coming out in December, which will bring in some more money. Do they really want try to sell a new ship in such a saturated market, right after IAE? Or will they pace themselves, and save it for early next year, or the usual May event...

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I don't know, do we really need a luxury freelancer? Why not go full crazy and a luxury Cutlass instead?
Luxury.... Cutlass.... Luxury+Cutlass... (Luxury/cost)*(clean Cutlass)... (Cutlass + (Luxury - 1))^4...

No, no matter how I try, they just don't go together.

More seriously, in this class, ALL we have are the Cutlass and Freelancer. Would not hurt at all to see more manufacturers building something competitive.

Forgot your password?