It was meant to be...

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Like some I bought into the Scorpius hype, and bought one with LTI. I never really used it that much, as I did once have a Vanguard Warden that I enjoyed but CCU'd to something else. The Scorpius was "nice" but I felt it just lacked something..so during the ship showdown, I paid a few dollars extra and CCU'd it to a Warden, as I felt it had more character about it...(not to mention a bed a a space toilet). Then a day after I pick up the Warden CIG released the super sexy Solar Winds paint pack for three ships I own....I think it was meant to be.

Any of you done anything similar in the past? melt something then got something else later...then decided the "old" thing was better than the "new thing"?

Also look at this sexy paint..sexy paint is sexy...down below...look at it....so sexy....Look.....at....it.

store_slideshow_small_zoom.jpg

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Any of you done anything similar in the past? melt something then got something else later...then decided the "old" thing was better than the "new thing"?
Yep, back in the days of the $0 CCUs (where you could CCU between ships of the same price at zero cost) i did it a couple of times, the most memorable being the Cutlass Blue.

I had a Connie Taurus but the Cutty B was the ship which had drawn me to SC. I waited and waited for the yearly Ship Sale in November when the Blue became available again and swapped over to it. I spent 5 minutes looking it over in the Hangar, didnt like it as much as the Connie and CCU'd right back again.

I still have that Taurus, when we can name the Connies I'm goi to call it "Reoccuring Tendencies 2".

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I wonder how these fancy combat ship paints will look once field-repair hull patching is applied (possibly in 3.18)?
Be interesting, usually I skip needing repairs and advance straight to being destroyed......it's more efficient 🤣

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Yep, back in the days of the $0 CCUs (where you could CCU between ships of the same price at zero cost) i did it a couple of times, the most memorable being the Cutlass Blue.

I had a Connie Taurus but the Cutty B was the ship which had drawn me to SC. I waited and waited for the yearly Ship Sale in November when the Blue became available again and swapped over to it. I spent 5 minutes looking it over in the Hangar, didnt like it as much as the Connie and CCU'd right back again.

I still have that Taurus, when we can name the Connies I'm goi to call it "Reoccuring Tendencies 2".
Think i've been through the Cutlass Black three times now....currently I don't have one...but I did pick up the pirate skin (for next time)..

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Damn you CIG...
Just get a Warden....and knowing I have an obsession with "bombing" things they put the Harbinger up for sale....so anyway I had a Vanguard Warden....but let me tell you about my new Vanguard Harbinger....haha

(an $11.00 CCU....but I get torpedos!)

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
The Scorpius was "nice" but I felt it just lacked something..so during the ship showdown, I paid a few dollars extra and CCU'd it to a Warden, as I felt it had more character about it
So my opinion on these ships, just cause:
- ANY Vanguard variant make for my favorite 'daily driver.' Can do basically anything solo, and can easily bring a friend too whenever wanted. No serious Citizen should be without one in their fleet. I still prefer the Sentinel as it flies the best. Harb is WAY too sluggish for my taste, though I still think the Warden is fine.
- X-wing, aside from being in X-wing, is still awesome but has VERY different usage. Sucks as a DD, especially compared to a Vanguard, short range, and really needs a gunner to bring the pain. HOWEVER, the reason to have/keep one is that it looks VERY well positioned to be the BEST ship to park in your Polaris hangar!

Reactions: Patrick Spaceman

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
1663489585748.png

1663489600444.png

We are foremost indeed.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Never been much of a warden or vanguard aficionado myself (also don’t like wine rather a beer) but I understand the sentiment as I contemplate buying a constellation again. Yes I have a phoenix but there is something about the constellation being a rugged pickup truck vs the business jet of the phoenix. Like it’s ok to have mud on your boots and it’s ok to get it dirty and have patches.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Never been much of a warden or vanguard aficionado myself (also don’t like wine rather a beer) but I understand the sentiment as I contemplate buying a constellation again. Yes I have a phoenix but there is something about the constellation being a rugged pickup truck vs the business jet of the phoenix. Like it’s ok to have mud on your boots and it’s ok to get it dirty and have patches.
Real men with dirty boots buy Taurus's

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Yes I have a phoenix but there is something about the constellation being a rugged pickup truck vs the business jet of the phoenix.
BUT. . . I find the Phoenix makes a TREMENDOUSLY better use of space than the Andy, though the Andy has a much heftier supply of missiles. Still though, the cargo capacity is the same and the P72 is a better snub than the Merlin, so it's really only a tradeoff of missiles vs interior space, and for me the interior of the Phoenix wins. It's the ship I'm mostly likely to go across the system in, mainly because I like to get out of the cockpit and walk around while in QT, which I don't really bother with in pretty much any other ship. . .

Reactions: Bambooza

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I grabbed a Taurus, never a big Connie fan, but I like it.

Forgot your password?