Ive been in a 4 day complete Cyberpunk media black out! WTF is going on :D

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
1608049044217.png

I started playing Cyberpunk on Thursday. From then I avoided all social media because I wanted zero spoilers. I didn't want to see anything about the story line, the weapons, the missions, nothing.

I think Im about 75% done here, its been 55hrs of solid main story line playthrough and Im extremely satisfied with the experience.

The world they built in Cyberpunk is impressive. Every single corner of every single building looks lived in, aged and used. This and the well written, arching storyline and side missions are the crowing achievement of this game.

My absolute favorite random moment so far was when I speeding along a raised section of highway on my motorcycle. I failed to negotiate the exit, slammed into a car, overcorrected and slammed into a second car, then got launched over the barrier and ended up flying through the air, falling hundreds of feet and crashing into some random filthy water collection area between two nondescript intersecting ground level roads. I was submerged and noticed the outline of another vehicle. I swam towards it, there was a skeleton and an item to loot. The item was some high level fancy armored sports jacket, and a note. The note said something along the lines of being late and driving fast! It was so random, but so incredibly well placed, I have no idea how this all ended up happening as it did.

I think the last time I pulled an all nighter in a single player game was Skyrim. I had to pull myself away from completing a side mission at 5am on Sunday because I simply lost track of time and had no idea I had played all through the night!

The big problem I had with the open world is that my brain is comparing it to GTA V. After 7 years in GTA there are certain things you simply expect to happen. NPC's are not on the same level as what Rockstar did. The high bar for what GTA's open world NPCs should be doing has not been reached on this attempt. The NPC cars, the police, the pedestrians, everything which we have all just assumed would be next generation from GTA did simply not happen.

I did hit a few bugs, none of them game breaking:

- An NPC was t-posing outside a night club
- A cigarette was floating in a cutscene
- Leaves on a single tree where glitched making them stretch across the screen.
- During a boss battle, my health bar disappeared
- An article of clothing did not show up in a preview when equipped

I can see that CDPR gave it a good shot, I think they will improve and reiterate on their NPCs in the coming months/years, but the big issue they had is probably making this all work on last gen console, which is where this all goes wrong.

Last night I lifted my self imposed embargo and visited the Cyberpunk subreddit. What awaited me there was surprising.

In short, this should have been PC release ONLY! Had CDPR done that, I don't think there would be anything close to the current drama.

If you asked me to rate the game based off my quarantined experience, I give it a solid 8.5/10. If this game had GTA V's NPC's. It would be a solid 9/10 for me. I can overlook some bugs and glitches, making a modern games is tough and every problem I encountered could easily be fixed in the coming weeks with a patch or two. It seems there was a lot of gameplay and mechanics that was promised, but not delivered. As a backer of Star Citizen, we understand very well why some things are removed. Either they ran into some bug which would take too long to fix, or it was deemed non-essential to the game play, for example, calling a cab to drive you to a destination. This was obviously a design choice, there are fast travel points, and the city is massive!

I do not think Rockstar would dare make a GTA VI and release it to last gen consoles, but this is what CDRP did here.

My PC loses some frames when driving fast in the city, or moving the camera around too rapidly. Its understandable, this is a graphic heavy game, I can't imagine how the hell this is supposed to run on last gen consoles.

My fears where confirmed when reading the subreddit, absolute chaos!

1608049003826.png

At first I was confused. I was actually expecting to see praise and celebration!

Then after reading the comments, its clear that console owners are the ones having a tough time here.

This is a modern open world RPG that for some reason was released on aging consoles!

I don't blame the outrage, I can't imagine being this hyped for a game, only to have it completely suck on my PS4.

All this bullshit and crying on Cyberpunk's Reddit makes me appreciate Star Citizen more. From day one, CIG said that this is a PC game, no compromises.

Ill give a full report on the game once Ive completed it, but that make take a while because the side missions are stacking up and it feels like there is more content in the side missions than the actual main story line!

Back to Night City for now!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Fuck. I haven't had a chance to leave my apartment yet. I NEED to play this game. Why oh why do I have obligations like work and family. Ugh. Haha

edit: For the record I love my family, and this is all jokes. I don't think that needs to be said, but you never know . . .

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
edit: For the record I love my family, and this is all jokes. I don't think that needs to be said, but you never know . . .
I leave little messages like that for the Genealogists my decedents will become. In 200 years they may be able to see the nonsense I write here, but it will be as out of context as if I were reading a journal of one of my ancestors from the 1800's 🙂

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I leave little messages like that for the Genealogists my decedents will become. In 200 years they may be able to see the nonsense I write here, but it will be as out of context as if I were reading a journal of one of my ancestors from the 1800's 🙂
Lol, right? We need to be careful. One of @Montoya's snowflakes could appear and accuse me of not loving my family. And that would make me a sad Owl. Ha.

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
To be honest I was a bit disappointed from start (started as Nomad on desert). I guess I can only blame myself for imagining much more interactive world.
Stopped playing day one due to to some hilarious bugs, planning to resume sometime this week as they deployed some patches.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Ive been watching some AJ video, it looks he is also playing on console. His video is a long collection of bugs he has found from other people. If I had not played this game and that AJ video is the only thing I saw, I would be thinking this is 10x worst that Anthem crossed with FO76.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I'm still playing it may as well run all the way through it as I've already spent the 50 bucks. It's still a 7/10 for me. I am having fun but I am disappointed at the same time. The videos looked so good so immersive but it aint that immersive IMHO. Reminds me of the division in that the videos made it look awesome but the awesomeness did not translate into the game.

It's running OK 1440p / medium settings 60fps on my 2017 GFX card.

The NPC are absolute trash the database for conversations is about 20 entries there's literally nothing you can do with any of them.

Had one game breaking bug (being stuck in a helicopter circling a skyscraper permanently) but I worked out a fix for it (don't start shooting anyone till all the guys are on the roof, then murder them all)

There are little bugs here and there. Nothing that would convince me to pick up my keyboard and give reddit my what for.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I expect this game to only get better. Yes the bugs, crappy NPC AI, and omission of promised features are glaring. That said, I also expect there to be plenty of bug fixes and DLCs in this game’s life cycle. There’s another reason why I expect CDPR to work hard to fix the game’s issues....they’ve tied their future to it.

Besides the Witcher (which they said they’ll revisit but not anytime soon), they only have the Cyberpunk franchise. They’ve planned DLCs, sequels, spinoffs, and a multiplayer component. In other words, they can’t let this game fail. They simply can’t afford an ‘EA style Anthem’ fiasco. They don’t have the luxury of pouring upwards of a 100 million on a franchise only to abandon it and move on the next shiny thing.

The Cyberpunk Subreddit is a cesspool. I think it’s a vocal minority of previous gen consoles guys who were sold the false dream that their systems can run it. That’s entirely on CDPR and they’re justified in their outrage.

That said....I feel vindicated in sticking out with PC gaming all these years and all of us PC guys ought to feel that way as well. PC gaming has made a comeback and Cyberpunk has only highlighted the gulf between PC and console. Hell one of my colleagues was asking me for advice on how to put together a decent mid range gaming PC after showed him some of my RTX ultra quality CP2077 footage lol.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
sadly CDPR's stock plummeted after the game's release due to those console issues. it went from 115 usd to 85 in less than a month. hopefully things get better cause that is killer.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I read that they've issued $1Billion in refunds

ouch

Reactions: Sayora and Michael

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I read that they've issued $1Billion in refunds

ouch
never overpromise and underdeliver.
Game definitly could/should have taken a little more dev time.
To be fair if they refund 1 Bio, they probably made a lot more. But also a nice reminder that entertainment inudstry is a high risk investment.

Anybody why haven't nought in yet its probably smart to wait 2-3 months. But then its still a good or very good game, which probably has been dumbed down to fit in last gen consoles.

that aside
Most bugs on PC i came across are just funny
AI strongly needs work.
controls need some work

it seems like i found one source for crashes (GPU crash) which seem to be switching cameras and hacking a lot. Still evaluationg that. So if you're playing right now netrunner might not be the best profession (also i love it)

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
never overpromise and underdeliver.
Game definitly could/should have taken a little more dev time.
To be fair if they refund 1 Bio, they probably made a lot more. But also a nice reminder that entertainment inudstry is a high risk investment.

Anybody why haven't nought in yet its probably smart to wait 2-3 months. But then its still a good or very good game, which probably has been dumbed down to fit in last gen consoles.

that aside
Most bugs on PC i came across are just funny
AI strongly needs work.
controls need some work

it seems like i found one source for crashes (GPU crash) which seem to be switching cameras and hacking a lot. Still evaluationg that. So if you're playing right now netrunner might not be the best profession (also i love it)
I've been lucky.

My setup is a Ryzen 3900x and an RTX 2080ti. I've logged about 40ish hours on the game yet and not a single CTD. Plenty of weird graphical glitches and incompletable missions but no instability. Heck I even stepped away in a hurry and left the game on. Ended up being away for 9 hours. Came back to the game still running (albeit in Esc menu screen). Your mileage may vary of course but I think it's getting better hotfix by hotfix.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I've been lucky.

My setup is a Ryzen 3900x and an RTX 2080ti. I've logged about 40ish hours on the game yet and not a single CTD. Plenty of weird graphical glitches and incompletable missions but no instability. Heck I even stepped away in a hurry and left the game on. Ended up being away for 9 hours. Came back to the game still running (albeit in Esc menu screen). Your mileage may vary of course but I think it's getting better hotfix by hotfix.
My first approach was a stealth one. Never had issues there. Then i made a restart: I suspect its related to switching between cameras (alot) and frying punkers brains (quickhacking). Something in the engine doesn't seems to like that.

(2700x with 5700xt, after finding the right settings its actually visualy appealing with good performance (~60 FPS at 1440p))
[high/ultra with shadows reduced to medium, FidelityCas dynamic 100 - 80%, didn't like the min. to 70% also it pushed me above 60FPS]

Reactions: Sayora

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
a 4 day complete Cyberpunk media black out!
I think Im about 75% done here
Yep, just another 1 week pinball game. LOL
At least you are obviously enjoying it...

I speeding along a raised section of highway on my motorcycle. I failed to negotiate the exit, slammed into a car, overcorrected and slammed into a second car, then got launched over the barrier and ended up flying through the air, falling hundreds of feet and crashing into some random filthy water collection area between two nondescript intersecting ground level roads. I
A true TESTie...............hehehe

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Ive encountered very few bugs luckily on PC. 1 T pose and some things hanging in the air like chopsticks and a phone.
I do need a better GPU for this, my 1080GTX cries.

I restarted a 4th time and now Im a silenced pistol/sniper rifle wielding corpo. Loving it!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The games industry is as risky as several other business: car/motorcicle manifacturing, computer components are not less and in fact I think they are even more risky.
The difference is in game industry company can use the cheet of patch to fix the scam AFTER they release the product if they feel that the feedback situation is going south, a solution that other industries can't afford so they spend more time during the things right the first time.
Releasing CP2077 for the "old gen" console in a totally broken state is not a risk, is a fraud becouse there is no chance that after 8 years of development CDPR wasn't aware of the state and the quality of the game and I sincere hope there will be a class action in the US becouse otherwise this could became a comon practice for other software house and I think that is not something we, as consumer, will deserve.

@Montoya
I'm glad you ae satissfied with the game, but I'm on the compleate opposite opinion.
First and foremost: this had been advertised and selled as the pc sequel of the RPG game Cybberpunk 2020, and also has been advertised to be hightly immersive to a point thatdeveloper compleatly deleted any 3rd person view and even cut scene (that is at leastthe reason CDPR give for this choices... and I don't belive them for single second...)
Now, before judging the game I'll suggest, if you are not familiar with, to take a look at the world of CP2020 (base manual, Crome book 1-4, Solo of fortune 1-2), then look at the game and comapre the two reality.

Cyberware: just a dumb and rushed away implementation that lack not only 90% of the component, but also the feel of it. Most of people in CP2020 lore have some sort of cosmetic implant, becouse in the 2020 Pondsmith's universe "style is everything"... There isn't a single cosmetic implant in CP2077.
Also there is a lack of some of the most iconic item in the cyberware: the "time square" option for cyberoptics that cna be coupled with your smarth optics to allow you to shoot from a cover by seeing througth the weapon, protection for flashbang granade, night vision, termal vision, implant for allow you to kepp your brath for hours that allow you to survive harmfull gas and so on... and by the way those are things athat ware implemented in the first DeusEx, a game from 20 years ago.

Weapon customization: basically inexitent and unimmmersive. First and foremost for a game that claim to be an "immersive RPG" the weapon lack several info, like mag capacity and range, but also if I'm going to shop for a weapon I'll like to see a description of it like, instead the most important thing that CDPR slam into your face is DPS value. WTF??? Isn't this supose to be a RPG, becouse this fell to much like a MOBA implementation...
Coming down to weapon customization that is a joke by itself: the only customization you can implement are scope and supporessor, and btw, scope give you a range boost (how could a weapon archive a better effective range by using or not a scope ??? VERY immersive....), but since there is no indication of what the weapon base range is this is a compleatly stupid feature.
Oh, you also have MODS for weapon, that con't be installed on all weapon, and are permanent: you can install them while riding your bike at 180 mph, but you are not allow to remove them.... imersion at the best.
And what about weapons improvement? just a button to click to enhabce the weapon stats... great gameplay, perfectly design for an immersive RPG....
And I don't even take into account the quality level of the weapon: it appear that in the 2077 weapons are not mass produced by CNC tool, they are forged by hands so you can find the same weapon with different quality... yeah, sure...

Apparel: for the beginning style is in general plain and boring: where are the led, the light stripe, the metal plate for armored cloth??? Looks at the immage reported in any of the original CP2020 Cromebooks and compare them to the in-game apparel... is like comparring apple and nuts.
Also how is possible that a shirt has better protection then a bullet vest??? WTF? I get that you have to implement some variety of style and cloth, but at lest, since you calaim to develope an IMMERSIVE RPG put some logick into it. right now is like a in Skyrim a tunic could have a better protection then a steel plate!!
Oh do we want to talk about the netrunner suites?? Those are suppose to be a compleate integreted suite to enhance a netrrunner performance, providing an integreted hight end cyberdeck ram slot, cooling etc... in CP2077 they are just limited at cosmetic apparel with no extrafuncion... for a better RPG immersion right???

I'll end my ranting here becouse I don't even bother to study the skill tree since at the first glance it fell just stupid and illogic as the rest of the game...
I guess that I'll be still waiting for a good Cyberpunk game...

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Had one game breaking bug (being stuck in a helicopter circling a skyscraper permanently) but I worked out a fix for it (don't start shooting anyone till all the guys are on the roof, then murder them all)
Yes! I had the same bug. Same solution. The bug was that if you shoot the guys just coming up the staircase, they might fall off the stairs but not die, so the game state never reaches the required point for a landing.

Forgot your password?