Ive been in a 4 day complete Cyberpunk media black out! WTF is going on :D

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes! I had the same bug. Same solution. The bug was that if you shoot the guys just coming up the staircase, they might fall off the stairs but not die, so the game state never reaches the required point for a landing.
We were punished for our ability to kill instantly even before the game is ready for us!

bedoinitusa

Space Marshal
Dec 8, 2017
RSI Handle
GloomyGun
I have a problem that someone like you all might be able to explain to me. The human eye/brain recognizes about 30fps anything under that people start seeing (flutter, stills etc) so my question is, if your getting over 30+ fps does it make any difference if someone else is getting 60+ fps other than them having a better system?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have a problem that someone like you all might be able to explain to me. The human eye/brain recognizes about 30fps anything under that people start seeing (flutter, stills etc) so my question is, if your getting over 30+ fps does it make any difference if someone else is getting 60+ fps other than them having a better system?
I always got confused when people were joygazming at getting 100+ frames a second... on a 60hz screen...

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I am finally coming up for air after a week? I don't know lost time, but this game is blowing me away the story is really just that good I have to force myself to stop and sleep!

This game is gorgeous! Having said that I would be totally disappointed if I had anything less then the new system I have, I can see why that people on last gen consoles are ticked off, and with good right CDPR didn't show any footage prior to release on those systems for a reason, it would hurt sales. Even with the refunds I bet they are coming out ahead of what they would had they been honest up from

Very few bugs, one crash nothing that can bother me, but then coming from Star Citizen, Cyberpunk is stable as hell.

I do wish there was more 3rd person, spend all that time making your character almost to never see them? Odd choice but having fun with my stealth/hacker build

photomode_12122020_121202.jpg

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Actually for not having a sense of stills and interruuption you'll need at least double the frequuency of sampling, so if the human eye catch data at 30FPS you'll need to run the immage at 60fps, and that is why that refresh rate is considered the sweet spot for a "playable game".
That sayed having more FPS help making a game more fluid but most important is the consistency of the frame rate: having a game that boounch from 30 to 100 FPS give a worst feeling that having a game that run constantly at 50 FPS.

That say if you ash me if there is any percivable difference beteween a game that run at 80, 100 or 200 FPS honestly I don't think so: over a certain refresh rate that will be so fast that you'll not even perceive an improve on smoothness.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
There's a bunch of videos on YouTube about the difference FPS and FPS + high refresh monitor makes. Quite interesting. Ill save you hours of inane viewing - it makes the difference between you hitting something, and not hitting something with your bullet.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
/.../ That say if you ash me if there is any percivable difference beteween a game that run at 80, 100 or 200 FPS honestly I don't think so: over a certain refresh rate that will be so fast that you'll not even perceive an improve on smoothness.
Yeah, I personally can't see too much difference between 60fps and 120fps, and can't feel any difference between, for example, 120fps and 144fps. However, Counter Strike and R6 players benefit from higher frame rates. 120fps feels a little smoother, but I prefer quality over the frame rate, so I usually play at 50-70fps on ultra settings in most of the games.

By the way, frame rate and its consistency is not all -- display refresh synchronization gives you the best gaming experience. Even 30fps on synced display feels smooth, as long as it's a consistent frame rate.

As for CP2077, no performance issues on my side. Game looks beautiful on ultra settings with ray tracing on, and reshade (custom settings).

The only problem with Cyberpunk I have is that the Open World's level of detail doesn't match the quality of main story locations; the moment you leave nightclub like the one below, you suddenly teleport to completely different game...

photomode_15122020_031436.png

Last edited:

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I am totally sacrificing FPS for looks, I am vain like that. I have 4k Ultra all the RTX on and happy with the 40 to 50 fps I get. I have never needed 60fps but I don't play the competitive shooter type games either always been looks over frames (as long as I am getting 30ish anyway lol)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The game is simply awesome.
I did not spent as much time ingame as @Montoya yet ;) but on PC, aside from some texture bug sometime (and one bug preventing me to complete the GIG freedom of the press, but should be resolved soon i bet), the game is 100% stable, not a single crash, and nothing hampering my gaming experience.
Great game really !!! I love sandbox games GTA style.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The game is simply awesome.
I did not spent as much time ingame as @Montoya yet ;) but on PC, aside from some texture bug sometime (and one bug preventing me to complete the GIG freedom of the press, but should be resolved soon i bet), the game is 100% stable, not a single crash, and nothing hampering my gaming experience.
Great game really !!! I love sandbox games GTA style.
I know right?

Its as if PC users got a completely different game!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
Bought it for PS4. I know i know...why buy next gen game for last gen console. For what I've been able to play so far, it's a good game...I have had to stop playing out of frustration of the bugs that keep causing the game to crash (I experience one every hour of gameplay so far). I'm either going to wait until more patches start releasing OR until I get myself a ps5..which ever comes first.

Gotin

Commander
Aug 30, 2020
RSI Handle
Gotin and Alia
I for one, am GLAD there's no third person. Because third person can fuck right off and die in a gutter.

And honestly, current console guys....what were you thinking? Wait for the next gen and try again. I get it, you like consoles and that's fine, it's 2020 and we're supposed to be accepting of alt lifestyles now days. But seriously, even the next gen stuff might struggle here.

I agree that the game falls a bit short of being fully immersive when compared to the RPG but c'mon....be fair...NOTHING short of actually jacking in will rival that experience, so get your panties unbunched and just accept that this is a GOOD ATTEMPT even if it can't quite flesh the world out the way it should be. Show me a game that comes close.

Oh also....optics would extend effective range not MAXIMUM range. A better optic will allow you to engage a target further away, THUS, extending your EFFECTIVE range.

Personally I've been enjoying it. I will agree that the AI can be a little wonky at times but I'm personally of the opinion that the NPC AIs here are far superior to GTA's versions. If for no other reason than they aren't in GTA which I've grown to despise over the years. I want to love it, but their insistence on including pvp in my non-pvp playthrough is a back breaker. I have only a few hours into RDR2 and then just walked away because of this. Which is a shame, the game looks fantastic and fun as hell.....but pvp in rockstar games can fuck right off.

My biggest complaints are car handling and quest tracking, other stuff too but it's mostly minor issues. Overall I think the game is great. Would I have done the skill tree a little differently? Sure, but it works even if it IS a bit like Borderlands at times.

Overall I'd give it a solid 8/10

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I am finally coming up for air after a week? I don't know lost time, but this game is blowing me away the story is really just that good I have to force myself to stop and sleep!

This game is gorgeous! Having said that I would be totally disappointed if I had anything less then the new system I have, I can see why that people on last gen consoles are ticked off, and with good right CDPR didn't show any footage prior to release on those systems for a reason, it would hurt sales. Even with the refunds I bet they are coming out ahead of what they would had they been honest up from

Very few bugs, one crash nothing that can bother me, but then coming from Star Citizen, Cyberpunk is stable as hell.

I do wish there was more 3rd person, spend all that time making your character almost to never see them? Odd choice but having fun with my stealth/hacker build

View attachment 19958
100% agree!

Like I said, I had no idea there was any controversy until I went and checked social media.

Anybody here with a PC that can run Star Citizen would have had the same experience.

Forgot your password?