Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
1. Sat 10 am - Sun 2 pm ET
2. Fun, some swearing...
3. I suck at flying, aiming, shooting, running, finding the "F" button, your pick .
4. left & right joystick
5. I like the brew of the gods and some herbal pleasures.
6. Yes
7. Connie (Taurus), Cutlass Black, Dragonfly yellowjacket, Vulcan
8. Sipping on a frosty now
1. wow!!! That is a long session!!!! I hope that your beer supply will last that long.
2. Formation, brevity and protocol was the intention, but 3.0 screwed that up a little, so yes, that are the basics.
3. The hard part is taking off, landing and avoid big space objects; with a flightstick you aim with your nose; with a flightstick and strafestick you have 2 triggers; usually afterburner, but if I check your ships....better use quantum travel; between the "S" and "G" key
4. Flightstick and strafestick, with twist? What about throttle? Excellent choice.
5. Good, flight instructor is always thirsty.
6. Seems to become stable
7. Cutlass Black can fight, but since 6. is yes, you cab pick something lighter.
8. Do you always drink alone? What about mine?

Reactions: Talonsbane

Darth_Razor

Admiral
Mar 29, 2018
RSI Handle
Darth_Razor
1. wow!!! That is a long session!!!! I hope that your beer supply will last that long.
2. Formation, brevity and protocol was the intention, but 3.0 screwed that up a little, so yes, that are the basics.
3. The hard part is taking off, landing and avoid big space objects; with a flightstick you aim with your nose; with a flightstick and strafestick you have 2 triggers; usually afterburner, but if I check your ships....better use quantum travel; between the "S" and "G" key
4. Flightstick and strafestick, with twist? What about throttle? Excellent choice.
5. Good, flight instructor is always thirsty.
6. Seems to become stable
7. Cutlass Black can fight, but since 6. is yes, you cab pick something lighter.
8. Do you always drink alone? What about mine?
Yeah, I've tried several fighters, my favorite is the Sabre, 2nd favorite: Gladius, so you can say I'm a Aegis guy. I don't have a fighter at the moment cause I was doing a lot of cargo runs, but I know I have to get better in all instances of the game.Also I fell, once again, for the never ending concept ship sale and got the Vulcan. I have a couple of Thrustmasters 16000M, I think they are great for the money. Is flying while intoxicated (FWI) frown upon by UEE? cause that's the plan.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yeah, I've tried several fighters, my favorite is the Sabre, 2nd favorite: Gladius, so you can say I'm a Aegis guy.
I would go for the Gladius: One S3 gun less, almost half the price, more agile, less hitting surface (smaller cross section). In 3.1 it is more about shooting and hitting then flying. Being smaller and more agile helps evading incoming fire.

I have a couple of Thrustmasters 16000M, I think they are great for the money.
They are really best bang for the buck. I heard that they feel plastic, they lack a few buttons on the stick. I probably would break them during fight so I use the heavier version.

Is flying while intoxicated (FWI) frown upon by UEE? cause that's the plan.
I never met somebody from UEE, but it helps during flight.

Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?