Just joined!

Darth_Razor

Admiral
Mar 29, 2018
RSI Handle
Darth_Razor
I would go for the Gladius: One S3 gun less, almost half the price, more agile, less hitting surface (smaller cross section). In 3.1 it is more about shooting and hitting then flying. Being smaller and more agile helps evading incoming fire.

They are really best bang for the buck. I heard that they feel plastic, they lack a few buttons on the stick. I probably would break them during fight so I use the heavier version.

I never met somebody from UEE, but it helps during flight.
I agree 100% about the Gladius, it'a a good thing buy back tokens are just around the corner.
The Thrustmasters feel plastic alright, they are good to start with, also $120 for both, but I will definitely upgrade later.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I agree 100% about the Gladius, it'a a good thing buy back tokens are just around the corner.
The Gladius was my 3rd ship. My 2nd, the Delta didn't had any shields nor missiles, so I went for the Gladius. After a few fights I noticed that it maybe had better shields and missiles (which I preferably don't use), but lacked firepower and was way to agile to do serious damage.
End 2.6.3 I started to fly the Gladius again regular and liked it a lot.
In every patch weapons, flight model, speed, damage changes. There is no perfect fighter.

The Thrustmasters feel plastic alright, they are good to start with, also $120 for both, but I will definitely upgrade later.
LOL, same as with ships. I have 2 Warthogs, they are great, only the gimbal isn't perfect. I tuned mine but still there is a lot room for improvement...

Reactions: Talonsbane

Darth_Razor

Admiral
Mar 29, 2018
RSI Handle
Darth_Razor
The Gladius was my 3rd ship. My 2nd, the Delta didn't had any shields nor missiles, so I went for the Gladius. After a few fights I noticed that it maybe had better shields and missiles (which I preferably don't use), but lacked firepower and was way to agile to do serious damage.
In every patch weapons, flight model, speed, damage changes. There is no perfect fighter.

LOL, same as with ships. I have 2 Warthogs, they are great, only the gimbal isn't perfect. I tuned mine but still there is a lot room for improvement...
I was looking at marcsand2 simpit, just awesome!

What about the Buccaneer? It's light, packs a punch, versatile, incredibly hard to hit. I think is comparable to the Gladius except for the fact that it is ugly as shit!
I hear good things about the warthog, Also the Saitek Rhino

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I was looking at marcsand2 simpit, just awesome!
Thanks, I'm very proud on it :grin:
What about the Buccaneer? It's light, packs a punch, versatile, incredibly hard to hit. I think is comparable to the Gladius except for the fact that it is ugly as shit!
Heavy weapons, very light armor and shields. You need to to keep it out of enemy fire, otherwise you are toasted. Looks don't matter. It has the opening mechanism of the BF109 cockpit and the front of the cockpit they nicked from the FW190.
I hear good things about the warthog, Also the Saitek Rhino
I owned one Saitek / Madcatz stick, the Cyborg F.L.Y. 5. It felt OK, but the thumb button broke of after a few weeks. After that I got my 1st Warthog. The F.L.Y. 5 served as my strafe stick try out. Then I got my 2nd Warthog and the F.L.Y. 5 served as my TEST pit try out stick.

RememberMe

Space Marshal
Mar 27, 2016
RSI Handle
ImRememberMe
Hi fellas, I'm new to TEST, I'm new to Star Citizen, I'm sort of new to gaming as well. I tried some WOW in the past, not my thing. Joined SC by August 2017, loving it so far. Tried another Org, did not work out (they are hardcore and I'm not) I am in North Carolina, originally from Venezuela, so Spanish is my native language but I do alright in English. I've been doing the solo thing, looking for people with like goals, which are to have fun, to enjoy the gaming experience and to learn. (Just to be clear, in my case, life happens first); Thanks for the invite.
Welcome To TEST.have fun being here.damn i love venezuela,here drink a beer

Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?