Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
38 hours into it, I can say this:
The story is beautiful, everything else sucks. It's buggy as hell (is it still in beta?) with tons of poor design choices.
I'm really enjoying playing it most of the time, but sometimes it pisses me off so hard I want to put my fist through the monitor.

Is it worth the 50 EUR? Yes. No. Yes. Maybe. No. Yes. Damn it.
I ended up getting a mod that lets me save without the Saviour Schnapps because it was costing me an insane amount of money since i'm basically forced to save every ten minutes in case there's a bug.

I'm a few hours in and I love the story, but I agree that it feels like it could use more polish.

And I have discovered that I really suck at combat. Can't tell if I'm just really bad, or if my character skill is low and that's why I'm getting rekt.

Either way I'm enjoying the experience and I do believe it's worth the price.
Combat gets vastly easier once they teach you dodging/perfect parry, and you get some decent armour. Also, there's some really good warfare/strength perks that help a lot. If you have all of those and you're still having trouble, try switching weapon types or your attack strategy. Also, invest in a decent sword. Upkeep is essentially free (grindstones are your friend), so you can safely ignore durability and pick one that has high damage in whichever category you use more, although if you're not using a shield defence is rather important too. (Then again, if you're not using a shield, try one out. They help. :grin:) I picked up a mid-priced longsword early on (for most of my available cash, at that point), and used it for at least 10 of my 20 hours played.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
@Sraika @Injustice
For me, the combat experience was as follows:
- first 5 hours: WOW, the combat system sucks
- next 5 hours: hey, wait, I'm getting the hang of this
- next 10 hours: look, Henry too seems to be getting better at this
- last 10 hours: I'M A FREAKING DEATH-MACHINE SWORDMASTER SENT TO EARTH BY THE GODS TO SLASH AND DESTROY

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
The most tedious game I have ever played.
The game is fun overall, but some mechanics are just so annoying.

The sword play is quite fun once you get use to it.
The storyline and cut scenes are decent.
The environment and atmosphere is cool.

But

You have to find place to sleep everyday.
Eat food everyday.
Wash yourself.
Repair all your gear.
Bandage yourself if you bleed or are injured.
Buy or craft potions to actually save the game without sleeping the whole day.

Ow yeah, there are also bugs.
Crashing during mid quest and losing all your progress.
Bumping into random NPC (more like touching an NPC) while riding a horse, then go to jail for killing them.
Unable to walk up some stairs.
Unable to pass by shrubs, and some fences.
Some allies will start attacking you during a fight with enemies.

And if you get to the Monastery quest line, you will regret life.
You will understand once you start the daily routine there without saves.
No mods for game saving on my Xbox one.

Ow yeah, and did you know the game gives you false information on quests and even potion crafting? If you don't have enough skill level, you will end up making a fake recipe that will kill an entire village instead of saving them.

And, there are no easy quest markers for many quests, you have to actually read books and riddles to find locations. After you run around for real time hours finding that stupid horse or person, you will want to murder it.

I believe some mechanics were better on paper than actual game play, at one point it just becomes more work instead of a fun game.
I did enjoy survival games like Dayz, and puzzle games like Tomb Raider, but Kingdom Come Deliverance was more annoying than fun.

I guess Warhorse Studios did OK for their first game title.
I do prefer the upcoming Mount and Blade 2 though.

But other than that, combat is fun if your fighting 1 target.
And if you play without a shield vs multiple opponents, good luck.

Last edited:

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
And if you get to the Monastery quest line, you will regret life.
You will understand once you start the daily routine there without saves.
There is a workaround. If you know beforehand who you have to kill, you can jump inside the monastery from the scaffolding and run to that bastard and cut his throat. Ta-daaa! You just skipped the worst quest ever.

The game is buggier than SC 3.0, indeed. I just finished the campaign and the game, for me, is a coin toss. Not a great success, but not a bad failure either.

Aleph0Null

Grand Admiral
Apr 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Aleph0Null
I remember Chris Roberts speaking of this game in one of the episodes of 'around the varse (or what'ever it was called back then) 3-4 years ago, even back then it looked promising.

Reactions: Blind Owl

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I remember Chris Roberts speaking of this game in one of the episodes of 'around the varse (or what'ever it was called back then) 3-4 years ago, even back then it looked promising.
[SARCASM]
Well, Daniel Vávra didn't mention Chris Roberts in any of his interviews. He just went ahead and made his game.
[/SARCASM]

Setrius

Captain
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Tekks
Plan to play Low violence Humble Good Boy using voice of gold to rise through society
Throw shit on house
Fail to stop a rape
First person I met teaches me how to pick pocket
Fail, go to jail
Fail again, stab target I CANT GO TO JAIL AGAIN MAN
Back to the straight and narrow. Go to find missing merchant
Sneak into Bandit camp and knock out the bad guys
Bad guy wakes up, puts on armour
Stab bad guy, then execute rest of camp in their sleep for my own safety
Certain people start to talk to me due to my reputation for underhanded business
I realize that this is a completely optional side quest
restart

Injustice

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Injustice4
Plan to play Low violence Humble Good Boy using voice of gold to rise through society
Throw shit on house
Fail to stop a rape
First person I met teaches me how to pick pocket
Fail, go to jail
Fail again, stab target I CANT GO TO JAIL AGAIN MAN
Back to the straight and narrow. Go to find missing merchant
Sneak into Bandit camp and knock out the bad guys
Bad guy wakes up, puts on armour
Stab bad guy, then execute rest of camp in their sleep for my own safety
Certain people start to talk to me due to my reputation for underhanded business
I realize that this is a completely optional side quest
restart
I did find it funny how all of a sudden the "underground" merchants come crashing into the story so early

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Yesssssss. Thanks for this.
I ended up playing with the save mod, the archery reticle mod, the richer merchants mod, the easy training mod (with the adjusted prices, for balance), the easy lockpick mode (that skips the minigame - but sometimes bugs the quest - in particular the one where you have to
fuck the 3 witches
It was...bearable.

Forgot your password?