Let's talk explorers...

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Another advantage is its missile load, the base model you can be equipped with 12 triple missile platforms. That is a total of 36 S2 missiles. The Andromeda has 4x6 S2 and 4x7 S1, a total of 24 S2 missiles and 28 S1 missiles, but it is a bigger target itself.
Which reminds me, which other ship has rocket pods? The Mustang Delta has 2 rocket pods, but unless all guns are down, I hardly use them. The rocket pods make the Delta an ideal short range ground support ship.
I suppose another lovely advantage of having such a flexible missile capability is that I can image CIG adding in some kind of longer range probe for scanning Asteroid belts etc - wouldn't make sense to fly a larger ship in, so a probe missile would easily be the best solution for a detailed local scan.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I suppose another lovely advantage of having such a flexible missile capability is that I can image CIG adding in some kind of longer range probe for scanning Asteroid belts etc - wouldn't make sense to fly a larger ship in, so a probe missile would easily be the best solution for a detailed local scan.
Thumbs up!!! very creative thinking!!! I am still on the level of pew pew pew daka daka daka kaboom thinking :rolleyes:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Wasn't this one of the capabilities originally planned for the Carrack? I recall some ship was suppose to have probe droids to extend it's scan range.

Forgot your password?